AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: karver Opinions on Captain Morgans...others - 05/07/04 06:31 AM
Good Evening All,
I'm looking for a nice, romantic place for our wedding/honeymoon in December. I *think* I've got it narrowed down to Cap. Morgans, Victoria House, Ramon's and Mata Chica.
Victoria is a bit pricy...
Ramon's doesn't seem to have any good packages...
Mata Chica's high season starts early, pricy...
Cap. Morgan's sounds alright...
We are looking for a cabana type accomodation on the beach...

Any insights would be appreciated! smile
Also, is there only one photographer on the island - Kay Scott I believe? confused
$230 american seems pretty steep...I guess it depends what kind of camera she uses...we might just bring our digital! laugh
Posted By: blg8878 Re: Opinions on Captain Morgans...others - 05/07/04 03:12 PM
my fiance and i will be at ramon's for our honeymoon in 6 weeks. when we called ramons for rate information they did have a package that suited us..it includes breakfast daily, a snorkeling trip, bikes for a day and one dinner...we looked at all the resorts you are looking at but some were much pricier and we did not want to be north of the cut..prefer to be in town...we will be staying in the beachfront cabana at ramons and can't wait.
Posted By: hawkgirl Re: Opinions on Captain Morgans...others - 05/07/04 05:50 PM
Kay Scott did a fabulous job for my friends' wedding a few years ago at Capricorn. She gave them the film and they took it home to be developed.
Posted By: Redheada Re: Opinions on Captain Morgans...others - 05/09/04 05:16 PM
I just stayed in a cabana at Captain Morgans and could not have been happier. Wonderful resort and staff. Great cabanas - a little on the rustic side - but we loved that about it. I will be posting a trip report and pics shortly. We have lots of CM. Rumor has it the cabanas may not be around much longer so I would suggest you take advantage while you can.
Be careful with Capt. Morgan's. An entire post was deleted by some higher power on this board. Yes, the post had some negative feed back but nothing close to other threads blasting properties.

Marty?????????????
Posted By: Barbara K Re: Opinions on Captain Morgans...others - 05/12/04 06:25 PM
Redheada said she would be deleting her own trip review post due to the contoversial lobster issue.
hi there, for what it's worth,IMHO, wedding pics at $230.OO sounds like a deal, remember you only do it once (hopefully) and it's best done by a pro,they know the shots , the angles, and the ins and outs and best places for posing..you won't be sorry. I am a chef/baker by trade ,retired now and when people try to cut corners on food or diving or wedding pics the product is usually inferior...again just my opinion.. congratulations on your wedding and wish you both much bliss john in denver
Posted By: Redheada Re: Opinions on Captain Morgans...others - 05/12/04 07:05 PM
I removed my post. This had nothing to do with my opinion on CM. I thought it was a lovely resort with an excellent staff. Our only issues related to the construction. This was more prevelant on the Villa side. If you are staying in a cabana - then it was not so bad unless you are in one of the one located on the north end of the beach. With that said - we loved it and would go back. You are more than welcome to email me if you want additional info and pics.
Posted By: Dan & Jan Re: Opinions on Captain Morgans...others - 05/13/04 05:00 AM
We too loved CM and will return. I guess it is good we don't all like the same places or we'd never be able to book. Go and enjoy where ever you stay. Dan and Jan
Posted By: kimical Re: Opinions on Captain Morgans...others - 05/17/04 10:11 PM
We were just in AC and were married at Ramon's on May 6th. The location and service and packages were all great--we couldn't have asked for anything more and didn't have to worry about anything at all. Their package is $950 and they take care of everything for you--and they do a beautiful job. We also used Kay Scott--she did a great job too--she charges $200 per roll of 36. Marty O'Farrell did our videography and was great. If you have any questions about their services just let me know and I will try to give you some info. Congratulations--it will be beautiful whereever you decide to tie the knot.
Posted By: Chloe Re: Opinions on Captain Morgans...others - 05/18/04 01:32 AM
Congrats to another happy couple, keep on smiling.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board