AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Rut4 Xanadu in August - 06/02/04 01:49 AM
Does anyone know anything about xanadu resort? also, has anyone been to Abergris in August and what did they think about the weather?
Posted By: klcman Re: Xanadu in August - 06/02/04 05:03 AM
Rut - use the search feature, upper right. Tons of info............
Posted By: mobunny Re: Xanadu in August - 06/02/04 02:56 PM
Went last August for a week. Beautiful weather. Only rained once on the morning we were leaving. Lasted 1/2 an hour then stopped. Enjoyed it so much going back this August for two weeks. 64 days and counting. mobunny cool
Posted By: bzews Re: Xanadu in August - 06/02/04 04:15 PM
I went there yesterday for the first time and if I were coming down for a vacation and wanted a natural, semi secluded place to really relax but still be close to activity I think this is a perfect place. The grounds are well kept!
Posted By: lefty1 Re: Xanadu in August - 06/02/04 05:20 PM
We stayed at Xanadu last July and were very pleased. It was close enough to town that we walked everywhere and the dive and fishing boats picked up at their pier. It depends on what you're looking for, it's a nice relaxed atmosphere with no restaurant or bar on the premises.
Posted By: Barbara K Re: Xanadu in August - 06/02/04 07:03 PM
Xanadu is great. That's their pier on my avatar.
Posted By: alaurieb Re: Xanadu in August - 06/02/04 07:24 PM
I will be getting married and staying at the Xanadu for the two weeks (June 11th - 25th). I will be sure to let you know how it was.
Laurie
Posted By: cajunman Re: Xanadu in August - 06/03/04 12:34 AM
did somebody say they have no bar?????? is this legal??
Posted By: klcman Re: Xanadu in August - 06/03/04 04:57 AM
they're grandfathered wink
Posted By: Tom Re: Xanadu in August - 06/07/04 05:32 PM
I am there almost enevy August. That is when the Costa Maya Festival is. This year it is August 4,5,6 & 7 I do believe. Will be there from the 2nd til the 12th. Being the Isand Mascot I appear nightly at the Festival to hand out candy to the children. The children of Ambergris Caye helped to create Tuki Tuki and know that she is their Bird. Look forward to being with everybody and handing out the candy at the Festival.
Kat/Tuki Tuki
Posted By: Tom Re: Xanadu in August - 06/07/04 05:40 PM
Rut4,
Wow, that is what I get for letting the Bird post, her feathers get in the way when she is typing. By the way the weather is always changing especially in August. Sometimes it is dry other times it is not. Just for you we will try to see to it that if it does rain it is only for a short time and maybe at night while you are sleeping.
By the way what are the dates that youwill be down in August ?
They do have a nice pool at Xanandu, I know the contrator that put it in and even brought down some of the lighting for it.
Kat/Tuki Tuki
Posted By: Tom Re: Xanadu in August - 06/07/04 06:32 PM
Just another little correction, the Costa Maya Destival dates are August 5,6,7 & 8.
Kat
Posted By: Tom Re: Xanadu in August - 06/07/04 06:34 PM
Yep, those damn feathers got in the way again, it is Costa Maya Festival of course.
Kat
Posted By: seashell Re: Xanadu in August - 06/07/04 06:45 PM
Why not just edit your posts, instead of reposting your corrections?
Posted By: Tom Re: Xanadu in August - 06/07/04 09:44 PM
seashell,
The hand is quicker than the brain. That would be best but the finger just hits send before I know what I have done. Sorry about the messy postings, will try to clean up my act.
Kat
Posted By: seashell Re: Xanadu in August - 06/08/04 01:50 AM
wink No worries, and no need to apologize to me. I just intended to make the suggestion.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board