AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Gela Ronmyway - 06/05/04 12:03 AM
How the Heck are You? How's married life? Did you have a great time on AC? Do tell!
Posted By: ronmyway Re: Ronmyway - 06/05/04 10:59 PM
Hi Gela, hope all is well with you! Married life is outstanding!

AC magic is the best. My new wife lost her father a couple of months ago, and she was of course having a hard time. So, when the heart needs healing, a trip to the island lifted her spirits big time!

I had a great time, but I really, really got a kick out of Caye Caulker. I'll see about posting photos soon. Looks like you will be heading down in August. Can I go too?
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: Ronmyway - 06/07/04 05:45 AM
Glad you two had a good trip, Rich. I wonder what your wife thought of the place, as I take it this was her first visit.

I got a kick out of Caye Caulker too. What a laid back place. I remember drinking at some upstairs bar across the street from Rasta Pasta with some locals. Too funny. The owner of the reggae bar with the swings also opened the place up for me when it was closed and let me go upstairs and swing for awhile and he even turned on some loud rock and roll music too. Gotta love it!

Let's hear something about your trip. . .
Posted By: ronmyway Re: Ronmyway - 06/07/04 03:16 PM
Well, first understand that my wife is pure City girl. On our first night in the room, she called out that there was a spider in the front room. Then she yelled out that it was a tarantula. Finally, she screamed when I told her not to worry, it was a sand crab!

We named him Oscar, and he became our pet.
Posted By: Gela Re: Ronmyway - 06/07/04 04:19 PM
Rich, sounds like you had a great time and that your bride figured out what AC was all about. laugh It's good to see you back on the board and back on AC!
Posted By: ronmyway Re: Ronmyway - 06/07/04 06:27 PM
Here are just a few photos:

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/mirasolpepper
Posted By: tradewinds Re: Ronmyway - 06/07/04 07:20 PM
Who's that handsome guy with the 2 lovely ladies? wink
Posted By: seashell Re: Ronmyway - 06/07/04 08:16 PM
More photos, more photos, please.
Posted By: ronmyway Re: Ronmyway - 06/07/04 08:53 PM
Don't you just hate it when the one-hour photo place says they can't do it until tomorrow? Anyway, I hope you like the photos and will try to post some more.
Posted By: Gela Re: Ronmyway - 06/07/04 09:00 PM
Cool pics Rich. Yes, more please! You look exactly the same as I remember you. You have a beautiful bride as well smile
Posted By: fuzzy_navel Re: Ronmyway - 06/07/04 11:14 PM
As I really can't stand spiders, I loved the bit about the tarantula. smile ~Jenn
Posted By: ronmyway Re: Ronmyway - 06/08/04 04:15 AM
Thank you, Gela! (I agree.)

Fuzzy, I don't know how you feel about lizards, but she encountered one on her last night in the medicine cabinet. I had had a few Belikins, so when she said there was a gecko in the bathroom, I muttered something about saving on our auto insurance. Cracked myself up...
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board