AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Anonymous New Years - when to book? - 06/11/04 02:26 PM
Husband and I are looking at going with another couple for a week over new year's. Wanting to stay at the Palms or something similar. Two questions:

1. How far in advance does one need to book for a trip during Holiday season on AC? Is the island "crowded" at that time?

2. Temperature in January? I have seen a description of it being dry season, but I can't seem to locate average temps on AC during january for either water or air temp. Is the water still warm (I ask because some caribbean islands have cooler water during winter - in the mid-70s or so).

Thanks.
Posted By: Magnum Belize Re: New Years - when to book? - 06/11/04 03:24 PM
As the figure gathering goes the average rainfall is 5.4" and the temps range mid to low 60's at night and low to mid 80's for highs. The ambiant water temp year around is 82 degrees. May get a couple of degrees warmer in the summer.

My experience says to book Christmas as soon as possible. Many properties are already booked.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New Years - when to book? - 06/11/04 03:28 PM
Thanks - from doing a little preliminary research, I have discovered that many properties are indeed booked during that time period. We will discuss and get on it as soon as possible,
alw1977
Posted By: Nfpolaris Re: New Years - when to book? - 06/11/04 05:20 PM
definitely book now....i do know that Ramon's village has a bit of space left...but not much.
Posted By: Barbara K Re: New Years - when to book? - 06/12/04 04:38 AM
Now or never...
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board