AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: OK good budget lodging - 06/15/04 10:48 PM
hello all,

can anyone reccommend a good place to stay in sp that's around $50-60/night for two people? i don't think we need ac but a private bath would be nice. we'll be there in early july.

thanks so much.
Posted By: 4leafclover Re: good budget lodging - 06/15/04 11:03 PM
Check out Ruby's it's cheap,clean and in town.
Posted By: 4leafclover Re: good budget lodging - 06/16/04 12:01 AM
Got another one for ya...Changes in Latitude, they run about $65us per night for a one bedroom. Located next to The Yacht Club(not ocean front).
Posted By: Badco Re: good budget lodging - 06/16/04 12:22 AM
O.K, try Lilly's or The Conch Shell, both are beach front & right in town near Amigos del Mar dive shop. Enjoy.
Posted By: Fluffy Re: good budget lodging - 06/16/04 01:36 PM
Try contacting Kat @ [email protected]. She leases out her condo at the Exoctic Caye Beach Resort. Unit 2B. I've rented it in May and will be again in September. It has AC in the bedroom. A bath w/ shower, kitchenette and a king size bed. The resort has a pool, beach area, restaurant and Crazy Canucks beach bar. The price is very manageable.

You can also go to the resorts website at www.belizeisfun.com and check it out.
Posted By: whotsyface Re: good budget lodging - 06/16/04 04:33 PM
OK,

Check out Hotel Del Rio. We have stayed there 3 times. It's got everything you need! Note I said Need! If you want the Resort Frill's Don't go there. If you want a really friendly Staff, A clean Room, and a Safe environment Go there! It is a 3 minute walk to the Hand Ferry and about a 5-7 minute walk into the center of town. We always walked into town in the am and then walked back to the hotel at night after several Drinks, no problems ever! It's a short walk between town and the hotel and we did the walk a few times a day.
La Popular Bakery is right behind them, and Dalia's convenience store is behind them as well so you always have beer and fresh baked goods two minutes away!

Check them out! They can also help you set up any fishing, snorkeling etc....

//ambergriscaye.com/hoteldelrio/index.html

Have fun
Mark
Posted By: BiggieFL Re: good budget lodging - 06/16/04 05:12 PM
Corona Del Mar....ocean front, free breakfast & rum punch(awesome & strong), great staff and most of all CLEAN, private bathroom, A/C, Satelite TV, etc for ONLY $55 per night for 2 people.
Posted By: OK Re: good budget lodging - 06/16/04 07:21 PM
thank you so much for your responses. it's my first time to belize and i'm so excited i can almost not stand it.

thanks again,
o.k.
Posted By: whotsyface Re: good budget lodging - 06/16/04 08:16 PM
One more small tip.... And others can tell you if they agree or not. If you go the the Restaurants on the beach you will be paying a few more dollars per plate than if you went to the places that are back on the streets...

Also, This is a must...There is a lady that sells taco's and I think Empinada's outside of Dalia's at night. They are cheap and OH MY GOD I HAVE NEVER HAD ANYTHING SOOOOOOO GOOD IN MY LIFE!!!!

I asked her how she did it and unfortunately it was after an evening of the Belikin... So I don't quite remember her recipe.... but try and find her around 7 or 8 I think...

OH ya, Go to COCO's it is down the street by the San Pedro Super market right by the Statue in the middle of town. 4 of us ate there.... 3 lobster dinners and 1 half chicken, Beers too... The bill 25 American. Granted that was 1.5 years ago but I doubt it went up much... Your lucky going in Lobster Season. I think we always forget about that when we are booking our flights.

take care, Have fun!
M
Posted By: Barbara K Re: good budget lodging - 06/17/04 12:09 AM
The beach places are not necessarily more expensive. Lily's is good, cheap and right on the beach. Jambel Jerk is almost directly on the beach and not expensive. BC's, etc...
Posted By: Tom Re: good budget lodging - 06/17/04 02:15 AM
I also recommend Carumba's on Middle street. Rene is great and has really good food.See me at [email protected] for a coupon for something FREE there.
Kat
Posted By: OK Re: good budget lodging - 06/17/04 02:59 AM
hi kat,

i tried e-mailing you but it was returned to me. is your mailbox full? you can e-mail me at [email protected]. i would love a free coupon.

thanks,
o.k.
Posted By: Windjammer Re: good budget lodging - 06/17/04 03:16 AM
4leafclover, do you know who owns Changes in Latitude now? I know Lori went back to Canada & was trying to sell it but don't know who if anyone has bought it. Did hear that someone did but don't know who.
Posted By: windyw Re: good budget lodging - 06/17/04 09:59 PM
Go to The Reef Restaurant, across the street from Carumbas. Not as yuppish as Carumbas but excellent food and the best rum punch!! Was there in Jan and ate at the Reef a couple of times. Love it!!
Posted By: Tom Re: good budget lodging - 06/17/04 11:53 PM
Ok, ya'll the Kat can't type. E-mail address should read [email protected] that one little letter makes all the difference in the world.
Kat
Posted By: 4leafclover Re: good budget lodging - 06/20/04 01:32 AM
Windjammer~Lori still owns it, but she isn't in town. It's up for sale for something like $450. WAAAAY TOO MUCH!!! She's not spending a dime on it either. Nice girl Melinda is renting it for her.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board