AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: santino inculsive resorts on Ambergris Caye - 06/17/04 05:44 PM
Has anyone been to an all inculsive resort on
Ambergris Caye. I am looking for one. I have a large family and we are looking for a complete vacation.
Posted By: seashell Re: inculsive resorts on Ambergris Caye - 06/17/04 06:21 PM
The kind of all inclusive resort that you may be familiar with, is not to be found in SP.

When you say you are looking for a "complete" vacation, just what exactly did you mean by that?
Posted By: Barbara K Re: inculsive resorts on Ambergris Caye - 06/17/04 10:59 PM
www.kanantik.com is the only beachfront all inclusive in Belize. Awesome place but no kids under 12 allowed.
Posted By: Bobber Re: inculsive resorts on Ambergris Caye - 06/18/04 03:24 AM
How's about Cayo Espanto?
Posted By: seashell Re: inculsive resorts on Ambergris Caye - 06/18/04 01:58 PM
So Bobber, do you suppose Cayo Espanto would be the kind of all inclusive that the op was familiar with?

lol, certainly that would be a complete vacation. wink
Posted By: Tom Re: inculsive resorts on Ambergris Caye - 06/18/04 04:46 PM
Have to agree, if oney is no onject than Cayo Espanti is the way to go. It is just that you are all by yourself on that little island and have to come to San Pedro via water Taxi or probablt Cayo's boats. I prefer to be with other people and have a variety of things to do. It is all personal prefference.
Kat
Posted By: Tom Re: inculsive resorts on Ambergris Caye - 06/18/04 04:49 PM
OK, never said I was a typest, should have checked it before adding the comment. Should say if Money is No object and Cayo Espanto.
Kat
Posted By: Barbara K Re: inculsive resorts on Ambergris Caye - 06/18/04 07:56 PM
Actually, as expensive as it is, Cayo Espanto is not really all inclusive. Tours and many activities not included. Only Kanantik on the beach and Mopan River inland are truly all inclusive.
Posted By: 4leafclover Re: inculsive resorts on Ambergris Caye - 06/20/04 09:33 PM
Mr. Santino~You can stay at ANY of the hotels, condo's, houses and they will be happy to make your vacation a memorable one! Try checking out O'Farrell House for accomodations and they'd be happy to book your tours and trips etc...
Is the reason for wanting all inclusive to save money or to not need to cary money? It can be anoying to always have people asking for money when you are trying to relax. You want to say 'Hey, I am in vacation too' but if you are the only source of funds what else can they do. I just gave my kids money and let them enjoy. They had to budget themselves.

How many people, how old?
San Pedro is really not an all-inclusive kind of destination. For that, go to Jamaica or Playa del Carmen or someplace like that. Ambergris Caye thankfully is for the visitor who likes to try different spots to eat and enjoy different experiences.

As Barbara says, the only true all-inclusives in Belize are Mopan River Resort and Kanantik. I've stayed at both and enjoyed them. A number of the jungle lodges and remote dive lodges are semi-all inclusive, mainly due to their locations, with package prices for meals, lodging and sometimes tours.

The closest thing to an all-inclusive around Ambergris Caye is Journey's End, which I wouldn't particularly recommend, and Cayo Espanto, which is one of the most expensive resorts in the *world*, not just in the region.

--Lan Sluder
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: inculsive resorts on Ambergris Caye - 06/25/04 10:25 PM
cool Harriette
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: inculsive resorts on Ambergris Caye - 06/26/04 07:39 PM
Did I get edited?
Posted By: seashell Re: inculsive resorts on Ambergris Caye - 06/26/04 08:31 PM
I don't think you got edited Harriette. But you do seem to have posted just your name a time or two. wink
Posted By: klcman Re: inculsive resorts on Ambergris Caye - 06/28/04 12:40 AM
mebbe she just wants to see her name in "lights" laugh
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board