AmbergrisCaye.com Home

flats fishing late February/early March

Posted By: jderie

flats fishing late February/early March - 06/24/04 11:04 PM

Some friends and I are planning a trip to AC and have just about finalized our dates and place to stay. After reading the messages here, it seems that bonefishing, etc is better later in the year, but because of work time limits we are tied into late February up to mid March. I am not a very good fly fisherman, but I am hoping to catch some bonefish. I know it is difficult because we have been to the Bahamas. Do you think this time of year will be okay? Thanks
Posted By: BLUE_48_98

Re: flats fishing late February/early March - 06/25/04 02:45 PM

JDERI
BONES ARE AVAILABLE YEAR ROUND IN THE 2 TO 4 LB. CLASS. MARCH IS EX. FOR PERMIT. THERE ARE RESISENT SCHOOLS OF TARPON ALSO. THE LARGE MIGRATEING FEMALES DONT SHOW UP UNTIL JULY 100 LB +. YOU WILL NEED A GOOD GUIDE AND THERE ARE PLENTY OF THEM IN S.P. YOU MIGHT WANT TO TRY GEORGE BRADLEY. PHONE 011-501-226-2179. HIS E MAIL IS roxsam@btl.net. tight lines and good luck.
Posted By: captjeff

Re: flats fishing late February/early March - 06/25/04 04:30 PM

there are many good guides in sanpedro ,I go each month , I love to fish with fishingsanpedro.com and the famous capt bicho rivero ,see the rave reviews he gets from all who use him from this board .a day or days with him will be your best here!!! like i said search the board for all his loyal ,and happy clients they say it all ..but book quick he will be sold out ..live the dream and enjoy ...
Posted By: krehfish

Re: flats fishing late February/early March - 06/25/04 08:17 PM

The Belize bonefish are NOT hard. I've fished Fla. and Bahama bones and there's no comparison. If you can throw a 6/7/8wt. rod 25', you will catch bones, almost any time of the year.
Posted By: jderie

Re: flats fishing late February/early March - 06/25/04 08:58 PM

I have read all the stuff about Captain Bicho. I think you must be right. I hope I am not too late and that I can figure out how to get everyone to agree on days. Thanks for the info
Posted By: govikes

Re: flats fishing late February/early March - 06/25/04 09:07 PM

Capt. Jeff, I lost your e-mail; pls e me! laugh
Posted By: captjeff

Re: flats fishing late February/early March - 06/25/04 11:27 PM

govikes jkivet@cruisevalue.com the e mail ,to my hart love ..
Posted By: Mike and Daphne Ryan

Re: flats fishing late February/early March - 06/26/04 09:57 PM

Try El Pescador Lodge, too.

Mike Ryan
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board