AmbergrisCaye.com Home

MAYA'S KATUT - Anyone know ?

Posted By: Sonny_2004

MAYA'S KATUT - Anyone know ? - 06/28/04 02:26 AM

MAYA'S KATUT RESORT, is an inland motel on AC. I am looking for anyone who may know of it's reputation or any information that may be known.

Thanks
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: MAYA'S KATUT - Anyone know ? - 06/28/04 06:12 AM

Don't think it's still open, and if it is ...you don't want to stay there.
Posted By: klcman

Re: MAYA'S KATUT - Anyone know ? - 06/28/04 06:52 AM

inland motel on AC, hmmmmmmm- that would make it Middle Street, right?? laugh
Posted By: Laguna Punta

Re: MAYA'S KATUT - Anyone know ? - 06/28/04 08:10 AM

Its near the soccer statium...I have never been there, but I am sure Pedro1 could give a complete report.

Re: MAYA'S KATUT - Anyone know ? - 06/28/04 06:53 PM

No, it's S of the airstrip. It has had many incarnations - all of them bad.

Re: MAYA'S KATUT - Anyone know ? - 06/29/04 02:17 AM

Hey guys,
I really appreciate the opinions however, if a friend asks me for some information, sure Iíll give him my opinion but I will also backup my opinion with some facts I may have learned. If you say to me Uhhhhg itís a dump! Please tell me why and what you may referring to. e.g. rooms, help, owner, bad food etc. Donít get me wrong, as I said I appreciate the opinions now how about some meat please

Re: MAYA'S KATUT - Anyone know ? - 06/29/04 02:53 AM

Hot buggy location, bad service, hot small rooms. Was a "room by the hour" kind of place in one incarnation. I seriously do not think it is even still open. It has been for sale for years. Where did you even hear of it?
Posted By: seashell

Re: MAYA'S KATUT - Anyone know ? - 06/29/04 07:27 AM

He's the new owner, maybe?

hee hee

Re: MAYA'S KATUT - Anyone know ? - 06/29/04 07:16 PM

Maybe. He has his job cut out for him if so...
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First

Re: MAYA'S KATUT - Anyone know ? - 06/30/04 02:43 AM

Listen to Barbara. Who knows what if anything is happening with it now, but it was a failed resort for awhile, a failed condo project, a failed apartment project, and the list goes on and on. As Barbara says, it has been for closed most of the time and for sale for years.

--Lan Sluder
Posted By: Tom

Re: MAYA'S KATUT - Anyone know ? - 06/30/04 03:23 AM

Yup,
That's what I remember, HOT,HOT,HOT, NO Air, Nasty, MOSQUITOES,MOSQUITOES,MOSQUITOES and mostly For Sale.
Kat
Posted By: ScubaSnack

Re: MAYA'S KATUT - Anyone know ? - 06/30/04 06:33 PM

I'm pretty sure it was for sale on Ebay a few months ago. I believe the owner said the units were being rented monthly/longer term.

TW

Re: MAYA'S KATUT - Anyone know ? - 07/01/04 03:07 AM

Yes, That is where I saw it (ebay).

Kind of funny, I talked to one guy on the phone down there and he told me, "Mayas had been up for sale every year since it has been built. He went on to say, offer them $50,000 (they are asking $350,000) then pray they don't leap at the offer cuz then it's your problem !"

BTW - What is it with this island? From all the message boards I read it seems if you take 1 1/2 steps off the beach inland mosquitoes swoop down and carry you away...

Don't they spray or use some form of iradication ?

Just wondering.
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID

Re: MAYA'S KATUT - Anyone know ? - 07/02/04 04:43 PM

if you kill off all of the bugs with chemical poisoning, the birds and reptiles have nothing to dine on.
not to mention the run-off into the sea.
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board