AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Drinkin' & Drivin' Golf Carts

Posted By: MALIBU

Drinkin' & Drivin' Golf Carts - 07/06/04 07:24 PM

2 more sleeps and we are there!!!

Saw this briefly on another thread from June but not much response: can we drive our cart around with a drink? I don't mean drunkin weavy driving, just a casual stroll with a drink?

See ya'll in a few days. Looking foward to Sq Nest Friday...
Posted By: papashine

Re: Drinkin' & Drivin' Golf Carts - 07/06/04 07:40 PM

Normally considered a no-no. Most countries I have been to frown on the practice.
Posted By: knotborde

Re: Drinkin' & Drivin' Golf Carts - 07/06/04 08:09 PM

The locals (and I mean the ones who were born and raised in Belize) told us that as long as you do not carry a bottle, it is okay. They informed us that as long as the beverage is in a cup, all is good with authorities. The only problem that you should keep in mind is that it is virtually impossible to drive with a drink in your hand anyway as the bumps cause you to spill more than you can actually consume. For a short drive, it's not worth it to drink and drive.

Re: Drinkin' & Drivin' Golf Carts - 07/06/04 08:12 PM

Thanks knotborde. I actually already have my 'coffee' cup packed - the insulated kind that has the lid that snaps on. Hopefully that will work. Since we haven't been to AC in 10 years we want to go around and check EVERYTHING out.
Posted By: papa D

Re: Drinkin' & Drivin' Golf Carts - 07/06/04 08:49 PM

buy a insulated mug w/lid we placed ours tween us on seat (only way to keep from looseing them) not only good for rum punch we drank a LOT of h2o. did not repack mugs but left for maids.

D.
Posted By: Bobber

Re: Drinkin' & Drivin' Golf Carts - 07/06/04 09:48 PM

If you're drinkin on the cart, stay away from the ferry. Or don't, but bring your camera, it could be interesting.

Re: Drinkin' & Drivin' Golf Carts - 07/06/04 10:00 PM

Speaking from experience?
Posted By: Bobber

Re: Drinkin' & Drivin' Golf Carts - 07/07/04 12:49 AM

Nope. Did see a picture in the paper down there last year of a tourist who didn't quite do it right.
Posted By: Coreen

Re: Drinkin' & Drivin' Golf Carts - 07/12/04 05:27 AM

Just got back, and stopped by the Hammock House, they have a betting pool going for the next golf cart to go down at the cut...Wasn't staying long enough to place a bet!
Posted By: dogmatic prevaricator

Re: Drinkin' & Drivin' Golf Carts - 07/12/04 01:32 PM

believe me.......never drink and drive a golf cart
[Linked Image]
Posted By: cajunman

Re: Drinkin' & Drivin' Golf Carts - 07/12/04 01:42 PM

thats hilarious

Re: Drinkin' & Drivin' Golf Carts - 07/14/04 11:08 PM

knotborde:
Went, rode in cart, came back. You were SOOOOOOO right. Too bumpy to drink while driving.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board