AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: cajunman going north in golf cart - 07/18/04 01:15 AM
how far north can you actually get??? last time we went as far as Captain Morgan's and turnes around......can you make it up to Rendezvous or thereabouts?????
Posted By: Johnboy Re: going north in golf cart - 07/18/04 04:16 PM
Cajunman.....You can go a long ways past Capt. Morgans...But I would suggest a gas cart...Those carts are hard to push with a dead battery...lol -- I also recommend a day trip as opposed to night. laugh wink
Posted By: Mona Lisa Re: going north in golf cart - 07/18/04 06:51 PM
Johnboy,

How about all the way to Portofino? Would this just be a crazy ride?? :rolleyes:

How long would it take to get there from the cut?

Thanks. wink

Lisa
Posted By: Johnboy Re: going north in golf cart - 07/19/04 01:10 AM
According to how fast you drive...lol It took us about 30 to 40 minutes....... laugh laugh wink
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First Re: going north in golf cart - 07/19/04 02:12 AM
I've driven north past Portofino and Mata Chica, but you do have to drive part of the way on the beach, which I guess is frowned on. A gas cart is a good idea.

--Lan Sluder
Posted By: seashell Re: going north in golf cart - 07/19/04 02:31 AM
I frown on gas carts.
Posted By: SP Daily Re: going north in golf cart - 07/19/04 03:42 AM
Do you drive an electric vehicle?
Posted By: seashell Re: going north in golf cart - 07/19/04 10:09 AM
Clarification obviously required. I don't drive any kind of cart here at home unless I'm on the golf course, where of course, I drive an electric.

I frown on gas carts in San Pedro.
Posted By: lovey and thurston Re: going north in golf cart - 07/19/04 12:26 PM
I frown on discarded golf cart batteries. Choose your poison.
Posted By: cajunman Re: going north in golf cart - 07/19/04 12:36 PM
I frown on frowns.....
Posted By: MALIBU Re: going north in golf cart - 07/19/04 02:56 PM
Mona Lisa:

We stayed at Portofino; rented a gas cart in town and partied till midnight, then took the road North on the cart. We had never even seen the 'road' till then - it was an adventure in the dark! Fun. It will take about 45 min. from the cut if the road is muddy. We had no problem and Portofino has a little area for you to park your cart in the back. By the way, if you get sunburned and ask for aloe vera, they don't know what it is. It's growing in the raised flower bed in front of #2!!!!!!! And you can go FAR up North in the cart. We drove until there was no more path. Was a great adventure that was filled with shoes, shoes, and more shoes. You will see what I mean.
Posted By: Mona Lisa Re: going north in golf cart - 07/19/04 10:48 PM
Hi Malibu,

Actually, we're staying at the Playa Blanca Island Villa which is sandwiched between Portofino and Mata Chica... not sure whether we'll need a cart considering we have a boat avail to us anytime for daylight hours, but will need some form of transport after dark.

I was just curious how far of a drive it was in a cart, and if we'd really need one. It does sound like an adventure! We just might opt for water taxi'ing w/ the distance involved.

Curious, did you rent a cart for your entire stay at Portofino??

Thanks,

Lisa
Posted By: son of a son Re: going north in golf cart - 07/19/04 10:52 PM
I frown on Golf Courses! wink
Posted By: Mona Lisa Re: going north in golf cart - 07/20/04 03:50 AM
...all this frowning?? "Live the Dream!!" cool
Posted By: taters & dab Re: going north in golf cart - 07/21/04 12:12 AM
WE drove al the way to Costa Maya Reef Resort.
Quite a trip. Yes we drove on the beach since that was the only way to proceed. Also had to "drive" through a yard I guess but we were determined to make to CMR. Next time we'll take the water taxi. Wife was eaten up on the way back by bugs. Of course we weren't smart enough to take bug spray.
I guess to redo this adventure I'd frown on cart too. Gas or battery!!
Posted By: seashell Re: going north in golf cart - 07/21/04 01:42 AM
I frown on golf courses in Belize.
Posted By: toad Re: going north in golf cart - 07/21/04 03:04 AM
golf courses should be everywhere....
Posted By: toad Re: going north in golf cart - 07/21/04 03:43 AM
i do frown on weed eating
i don't frown on wet spots
Posted By: cajunman Re: going north in golf cart - 07/21/04 04:25 AM
weed eating can be OK if you use a good brownie mix.......... wink
Posted By: toad Re: going north in golf cart - 07/21/04 02:55 PM
word
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board