AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: JeanH Back to Belize in September - 07/19/04 01:02 AM
I am thrilled to say we are returning to San Pedro on September 16 for a week. We'll be at the Belizean Reef. Anyone else traveling then?

Since this is the height of hurricane season, I'm wondering about trip insurance. Normally, we don't bother, but I'm wondering if we should make an exception. Anyone have any opinions?

Thanks in advance.

Jean in Iowa
Posted By: son of a son Re: Back to Belize in September - 07/19/04 03:49 PM
We will be there from Sept 2nd - 13th so we'll miss you by a couple of days.

As for travel insurance ... I would recommend it if you have any reservations that something might deter your travels. We had to cancel a trip to Costa Rica this year because my wife broke her foot before the trip. Luckily she purchased travel insurance and we received a full refund.

Well worth the money for that peace of mind. We even purchased it for our trip to AC in Sept.

HAVE FUN!!! laugh
Posted By: lovey and thurston Re: Back to Belize in September - 07/19/04 04:33 PM
Jean, Where are you from in Iowa? I grew up in Iowa and went to Un. of Iowa. Always curious about the Iowans in Belize.
Posted By: JeanH Re: Back to Belize in September - 07/19/04 04:39 PM
I live in North Liberty, which is essentially a suburb of Iowa City. I attended the University of Iowa myself, actually work there now (as a nurse). I grew up in Belle Plaine, husband is from Holstein originally.

Son of a son, any recommendations for insurance companies to purchase travel insurance? Thanks.

Jean
Posted By: lovey and thurston Re: Back to Belize in September - 07/19/04 06:15 PM
Jean, I know where North Libery and Holstein are. I lived in a small town in the northwestern part of the state, Swea City, which you have probably never heard of. It is in the area near Lake Okaboji and Spirit Lake. Am a retired nurse. Have great memories of growing up in Iowa. Best , LoveyP.s. Live just so. of Victoria House. It you frequent B.C.'s will probably run into you.
Posted By: Ozarktroutbum Re: Back to Belize in September - 07/19/04 06:37 PM
JeanH

I purchased mine online at:

csatravelprotection.com

They were less expensive and offered pretty much the same deal as some of the others.

OTB
Posted By: son of a son Re: Back to Belize in September - 07/19/04 06:48 PM
We purchased ours online through "Travelguard". They're pretty reasonable on there price, I think around $75.00!
Posted By: Mona Lisa Re: Back to Belize in September - 07/19/04 11:00 PM
Hi Jean,

Are you the same Jean who gave me about Makanda on the Fodors board?

Lisa (makai1)
Posted By: Mona Lisa Re: Back to Belize in September - 07/20/04 12:14 AM
Jean,

Meant to say, gave me info about Makanda, CR. cool
Posted By: JeanH Re: Back to Belize in September - 07/20/04 01:44 AM
Mona Lisa, Yep, that's me on the Fodor's board. We have found Ambergris Caye to be much more relaxing than Costa Rica, different type of vacation. Depends on what you're looking for, I guess. We always seem to be on the move in Costa Rica. In Belize, we have yet to make a day trip to the main land. One of these times....

Jean
Posted By: Mona Lisa Re: Back to Belize in September - 07/20/04 03:45 AM
Hi Jean,

I've read a lot of your posts... you share great info!!

We've changed our travel plans for Jan to AC instead of CR for that very reason... looking forward to some great times relaxing, fishing, playing in the water, and whatever else suits our fancy.

Honestly, I just didn't have the energy to plan the CR trip... too many options, and much more activity than I think I was ready for.

Cheers,

Lisa
Posted By: Kathy F. Re: Back to Belize in September - 07/20/04 01:52 PM
JeanH and Mona Lisa,

I am researching a trip to Costa Rica. Could you give me the link to the Foder's board?

I would rather come back to AC, but got outvoted.

Thanks,

Kathy
Posted By: Mona Lisa Re: Back to Belize in September - 07/20/04 02:05 PM
Hi Kathy,

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threadselect.jsp?fid=6

Great board. Happy planning! cool

Lisa
Posted By: Kathy F. Re: Back to Belize in September - 07/20/04 03:08 PM
Thanks Lisa. smile
Posted By: JeanH Re: Back to Belize in September - 07/20/04 05:21 PM
Lovey, We'll look forward to meeting you at BC's. Our last visit to the island was way too short, only four days. With a week, we should have more time to just sit and relax. Anyway, that's the plan.

I love summer here in the midwest, but knowing we're heading to Belize in September makes the upcoming chage in the season so much easier to take.

Jean
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board