AmbergrisCaye.com Home

New member with accommodations question

Posted By: Dan in NY

New member with accommodations question - 07/27/04 05:44 AM

Hello everyone!
I am a new member to this board but I have been reading the messages here for the past few weeks, a lot of great information.
My wife and I will be taking our first trip to Belize in May or June of next year for two weeks and will be staying in Ambergris Caye. I am trying to find a place to stay and hope to get some help from the very knowledgeable people here on this board.
We are looking for a place within walking distance of San Pedro with a nice beach and easy access to the sea. We snorkel but donít dive so if snorkeling were available close to the property, from the shore, it would be a plus. We donít need a swimming pool and would prefer a place without big crowds.
Well I think thatís it. If more information is needed to make a recommendation please ask.
Thanks for any help.
Posted By: ExoticTimepieces

Re: New member with accommodations question - 07/27/04 07:18 AM

Dan, My wife and I met in San Pedro in 1990 and we would be happy to give you some info. You can reach me at 800-978-5649. It will save alot of typing on my part.We were just there in June and really love it there. Sparky
Posted By: Fluffy

Re: New member with accommodations question - 07/27/04 11:45 AM

Dan: Try www.belizeisfun.com. It is the Exotic Caye Beach resort. It has everything you stated above.

Take care!
Posted By: JeanH

Re: New member with accommodations question - 07/27/04 12:32 PM

Look into the Belizean Reef. No pool, but beautiful condos. Very close to Ramon's, which has a dock you can swim and snorkel from. Heading back there in September... Jean

Re: New member with accommodations question - 07/28/04 05:42 PM

Any more ideas? confused
Posted By: CrackerLarry

Re: New member with accommodations question - 07/28/04 05:43 PM

Xanadu
Posted By: CHOOCHOO

Re: New member with accommodations question - 07/28/04 06:37 PM

Coral Bay Villas. 6 condos, well maintained and well managed by the builder, who lives on the premises. Snorkel off the 300' pier next door. Walk the beach to town in 15 minutes (or more depending on one's drinking habits)
Posted By: Skyliner

Re: New member with accommodations question - 07/28/04 08:21 PM

Dan,

You've got almost a year before your trip, which means you've got as much as 5 months before you need to book the accommodations. I suspect many places haven't even set summer 2005 rates. The places recommended so far are good today and will likely fit your needs in mid 2005.... But are you really going to make a decision today?

Planning a trip to Belize is part of the fun - take your time, research places on this board and get a feel for the island and the lodging options over the web. Before our first visit to Belize in '99 we spent many evenings getting excited about the places we learned about.

You can start enjoying Belize before you ever leave home.
Posted By: blg8878

Re: New member with accommodations question - 07/28/04 10:33 PM

we just stayed at ramon's in june and loved every minute of it. it is exactly what you are looking for. a beautiful beach, a pier to snorkel off of, a nice pool and an easy walk to town. we could not have asked for a better trip...
Posted By: Tom

Re: New member with accommodations question - 07/28/04 11:52 PM

Dan,
Contact me at [email protected] for info on my condo at Exotic Caye. It is 1/2 mile south of town, an easy walk via beach or Coconut Drive, has a pool and a new dock.
Kat

Re: New member with accommodations question - 07/30/04 03:58 AM

Thank you all very much! Now that I have some suggestions I can start to research the places and try to make a decision.
Posted By: Scott

Re: New member with accommodations question - 08/05/04 07:39 PM

Dan... We just got back the other day and stayed at The Palms for the secomnd time... Read my report under the topic "Just Back". The Palms is perfect: 2 minute walk to restaurants and town (no cart needed), nicely appointed 1 & 2 bedroom condo units (make your own breakfast/lunch/snacks then splurge for dinner!), great verandas for ocean/star gazing, still quiet and peaceful.
Posted By: okie

Re: New member with accommodations question - 08/09/04 04:12 PM

We stayed at The Palms, too. Had a bottom floor and felt that we had our own private courtyard. They rake it often which makes you feel so special. Very close to town but still quiet, next door to Ramon's where you can snorkle. You can see hundreds of fish from their pier and they have one of the best beaches we saw. Be aware that there is a lot of sea grass. Ramon's keeps it clear so swimming is more pleasant. It was our first trip and we LOVED it. Wish I were there now. . .
Posted By: Everglades

Re: New member with accommodations question - 08/10/04 02:51 AM

If you don't already have Lan Sluder's book, "San Pedro Cool" I recommend you get it. Everything, and I mean everything, you need to know about Ambergris Caye/San Pedro is covered. Read it and you'll be answering the questions on this forum.
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board