AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: bigjohn party factor - 08/23/04 12:52 AM
my friends and i are considering AC for our springbreak in march of 2005. there will be about 5-7 of us and all 18 yrs old. we realize AC isnt a huge party destination but we still wanted to know if there are enough party spots and kids our age to meet and party with. we like AC and the secludedness of it, but we dont want to be sitting around every night because of a lack of young college crowd
Posted By: Fluffy Re: party factor - 08/23/04 01:00 AM
bigjohn: If you're looking for a Cancun theme, forgetta bout it. AC is a fun, friendly, laid back island. Lots of good food, good drink, fun bars and great people. If you snorkel or dive, this is the place for you. If you want to meet people, this is the place for you. There are many fun spots on the island to partake in a drink or three. Go experience it! Enjoy it! But what I have seen, it isn't the typical "spring break" place. Thank goodness!!!!!
Posted By: bigjohn Re: party factor - 08/23/04 01:26 AM
well we arent looking for the huge party experience of a cancun or atlantis but we just want to know if there wil be a fair amount of young college kids to mingle with
Posted By: Fluffy Re: party factor - 08/23/04 01:29 AM
Define fair. Okay, just kidding. When I was down in March of this year, I saw many college age kids. But even if there aren't alot of college age kids, there are still many of us "oldies" that like to have just as much fun too. laugh
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First Re: party factor - 08/23/04 02:41 AM
I really think you'd be better off in another locale for spring break.

--Lan Sluder
Posted By: Ernie B Re: party factor - 08/23/04 02:28 PM
San Pedro is NOT a spring break party place ! You will find fewer college age kids there than you will any where in the Caribbean. I suggest you look elsewhere. Perhaps the Belikins were at work on Flufy, the more you drink, the younger and better looking everyone seems to be.
Posted By: CrackerLarry Re: party factor - 08/23/04 02:55 PM
If it were me and I was 18 again and had a choice, and wanted to party, then Negril, Jamaica would be my first pick.
Posted By: streetchie Re: party factor - 08/23/04 06:10 PM
Please, go to Cancun! You'll have a blast. Leave SP to us old geezers.
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton Re: party factor - 08/24/04 12:59 AM
Spring Break is mucho fun down here.

A lot of the college kids are, of course, into having a good time at the bars in San Pedro, but many are also into SCUBA, watersports and checking out the mainland sites.

Because it is a bit more expensive for a stay in Belize versus Cancun or Daytona, you will find a bit of a more eclectic group of "spring breakers".

San Pedro is the "spot" for fun and safe nightlife in Belize for the local college students and young Belizean professionals.

Fido's, Wet Willy's, Jaguar Temple Club, Big Daddy's and others offer up a full gamet of party options. FYI - Big Daddy's suts down at sunrise.

Leonardo DiCaprio was in Jaguar Temple Club on Friday night.

SIN
Posted By: bywarren Re: party factor - 08/24/04 01:08 AM
And, you forgot to tell them they might win the $2500 drawing prize.
Posted By: cajunman Re: party factor - 08/24/04 01:59 AM
oh Im sure the salespeople would stay away from kids who dont look like they could afford ten thousand up front, since the deals are only good for one day, anyway...
Posted By: Ernie B Re: party factor - 08/24/04 02:03 AM
SIN, Please remove your head before you sit down and break your neck.
Posted By: toad Re: party factor - 08/24/04 02:32 AM
don't believe any of these fartknockers...this place rocks balls...true, it's no cancun, but, cancun sucks...awesome food, cold beer, smokin' hot ladies.....i am about to talk myself into another trip...i should be a travel agent....
Posted By: Beachy Re: party factor - 08/24/04 03:03 AM
I must agree that this place is a fantastic spot for the younger traveller. Many of the island's residents are in their 20's and as some have mentioned, the party never ends at many spots in town. There are plenty of places to party and lots of active and exciting adventures to be had during the days too.
Just realize that the image of Spring Break to many is of beer bongs and Gurls Gone Wild, and that isn't here, nor does anyone want it to be.
Chris
Casa Picasso
Posted By: bigjohn Re: party factor - 08/24/04 03:47 AM
thanks guys...we realize that AC is not a cancun and thats why we like AC...alot of our class goes to atlantis resort in bahamas but we wanted something more laid back...we just didnt want to be bored the entire time with absolutley no1 to party with
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton Re: party factor - 08/24/04 07:54 PM
laugh

We look forward to seeing you all. Pack light and bring an adventuresome spirit.

Don't let the old tymers (with nothing truly worthwile to do) get you down.

We all have a lot of fun down here! I'm sure you will also!

For more info, do a search on the post for partying and bars. Many have posted the "schedule".

SIN
Posted By: KB Re: party factor - 08/24/04 08:20 PM
Gee Lan,

It's obviously been awhile since you attended a foam party at the Iguana. I see young people everwhere in San Pedro. In fact, isn't the average age of Belizeans 18? Lighten up. There's lots of room for people both old and young to party in San Pedro. As a spring break destination with something beyond the average to offer, Belize is an excellent choice.
Posted By: SP Daily Re: party factor - 08/24/04 08:47 PM
KB: Been awhile since you attended a foam party at the Iguana too... since its been closed and quiet for some time now.
Posted By: klcman Re: party factor - 08/24/04 10:47 PM
laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: bigjohn Re: party factor - 08/25/04 01:26 AM
thanks i just wanted make sure there would be enough people our age to enjoy partying with
Posted By: toad Re: party factor - 08/25/04 02:02 AM
i say party with old folks...they have more money and get drunk quicker....especially the 'mature ladies', who are more appreciative....
Posted By: SlimJim Re: party factor - 08/25/04 04:45 AM
And don't forget your American Express laugh
Posted By: rickcheri Re: party factor - 08/26/04 12:49 AM
OMG!!!!!! If you all have the oportunity to go, GO FOR IT!!!! You'll have a GREAT time!!!! Big Daddy's, Tarzan's (still there????) Iguana's (still there??)...Hammock House etc....you'll have a BLAST!!!!!! Crazy Canucks....geez....GO!!!! Have fun and experience Belize!!!! Then tell ALL your friends!!! C
Posted By: KWIBMF Re: party factor - 08/26/04 02:44 PM
It's no longer called Tarzan's, but it's pretty much the same place.
Posted By: MALIBU Re: party factor - 08/26/04 07:30 PM
Please, tell us poor souls who could not be there about these foam party's! I really want to know. Maybe we can start one in February...
Posted By: Logan Re: party factor - 08/30/04 01:59 AM
Tarzan's is now called Jaguar's.... I have been living here since last November and was here during spring break. There were definitely a lot of younger college kids here. Fido's brought in a grunge band called Fallen From the Nest and the place was packed with younger 15-22 yo's. Of course they all moved on to Jaguar's after that and Big Daddy's after that until the sun rose.

That being said, if you ask the locals you will find something fun to do every night. I know I do :-)
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board