AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Electricty?

Posted By: Compass

Electricty? - 09/25/04 09:08 PM

What type of electrical service is found throughout Belize? Is it 120V?
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Electricty? - 09/25/04 09:20 PM

Yes, exactly the same as US power.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Electricty? - 09/26/04 05:53 PM

Same as US power, but not nearly as consistent. During the two weeks we were there, we were without power three times. The longest was about three hours. The locals said this was a regular occurrence. For us it just meant we had to head for the nearest bar w/ a back up generator & drink rum punch for a couple of hours. SOOO inconvenient . . .not! wink
Posted By: Compass

Re: Electricty? - 09/26/04 10:31 PM

lawcucui,

The last time I was in Belize (about 9 years ago) we had similar experiences and used a similar approach to dealing with it with a smile. I remember one place the electricity was turned off every night from 10:00 PM to about 8:00 AM.

The reason I asked about the voltage is due to my own faulty gray-matter (poor memory).
Posted By: klcman

Re: Electricty? - 09/27/04 07:44 PM

not as consistent as the US?? hahaha depends upon where you live!

Re: Electricty? - 09/27/04 09:15 PM

True, klcman - I'd love to argue with you, if I could, but Sunny California did have those nasty brownouts and rolling blackouts a couple of summers ago wink

Re: Electricty? - 09/27/04 09:28 PM

hell all we need a stong wind here and it goes out - not for long times, just those PAIN-IN-THE-ASS blips that turn off all the time devices on the radios/vcrs/answering machines in the house!

Re: Electricty? - 09/27/04 09:47 PM

There does seem to be a lot of hot air, I mean strong wind, out your way smile laugh

Re: Electricty? - 09/27/04 11:04 PM

hey - eek I resemble that remark

Re: Electricty? - 09/28/04 12:00 AM

laugh
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board