AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Bevan Hebert Help wanted... - 10/01/04 03:40 PM
I am interested in coming to Ambergis with my girlfriend at the begining of January. Can anyone please give me some information about the town. i.e, places to stay (near the beach and walking distance to social scenes), snorkeling, fishing, nightlife, prices, ect...

While a nightlife is desireable it is not the deciding factor in where I take my trip. I have heard many positive things about Ambergis and just want some more information. Any advice woudl be appreciated.
Posted By: MALIBU Re: Help wanted... - 10/01/04 04:50 PM
BH - I am not a frequent visitor to Ambergris Caye (AC) however the times I have been there I have very much enjoyed it. This forum and this site actually have a wealth of information for you.
In my opinion: AC is a little bitty island with wonderful people, beautiful views of sea and sky and everything else. The town proper - San Pedro - is populated with a mix of different kinds of people and visitors at any given time. It is generally not crowded however someone who is more in the know than I about the time of yr you want to visit will have to report on the crowds then. You will be mainly be relaxing while there although there are many things to do and see. I believe the snorkeling to be wonderful although I have heard from others (not on this board) that they prefer elsewhere. Transport for you on the island will most likely be via golf cart which you will rent for a pretty reasonable price. Everything on the island seemed to be of a reasonable price to me. Generally not GOOD or BAD, just normal. I live in Houston, TX - don't know where you hail from but if it's CA you will probably find the prices extremely reasonable.

There are many places to stay and many of the people on this boards will advise on that. I do not have the experience of staying at lots of different places like they do so I would suggest listening to them on that one.

Let's see: what else. Pack very lightly - no dressy clothing. You won't need it. I posted yesterday, and in case you didn't read it I will post here again that on our last trip my hubby removed his sandals at the San Pedro air strip after we landed and didn't put them back on until we left the hotel to go back home. This will tell you how laid back it is.

Some advice: talk to the locals and most of the tourists. Most all seem to be very nice people and you WILL meet people there that you really enjoy being with.

Go. And have a Great time! We are returning in February.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board