AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Lady Sharon - AWESOME!

Posted By: Greg and Wednesday

Lady Sharon - AWESOME! - 12/01/04 02:52 AM

While we were in AC, we spent Thanksgiving afternoon aboard the Lady Sharon. The food was awesome! Rodney served a honey-baked ham, a cajun turkey, mashed potatoes, salad, stuffing, bread pudding, pumpkin pie - it was just wonderful! Before lunch we went snorkeling at Mexico Rocks. After lunch, a pod of dolphins swam very near the boat.

We really had a great time, and we would like to thank Rodney and his crew for making our day so great!

When you visit AC, be sure and take a trip on the Lady Sharon!

Rodney, we are the folks from Arkansas and Oxford, MS - thanks so much for a helluva time!!! laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: lmarquis

Re: Lady Sharon - AWESOME! - 12/01/04 08:26 PM

I loved the Lady Sharon cruise in August. Had a blast dancing. Rodney had a red snapper spread which was delicious and Dennis Wolfe was really good. We even made up our own dance. I will definitely go out on the Lady Sharon again. Rodney is a kick in the pants!
Posted By: Gela

Re: Lady Sharon - AWESOME! - 12/02/04 12:32 AM

Oh my god - I forgot about the Tropic Trot Laurie - too funny. Yes, the Lady Sharon was terrific for the sunset dinner cruise - and I suspect I'll sail on her again in May! laugh
Posted By: bzews

Re: Lady Sharon - AWESOME! - 12/07/04 11:59 PM

Thanks guys! Thanks Giving was great and we plan another full mooon cruse Christmas Eve with a spread. Everyone is trying the Tropic Trot but Laurie really has it down. Looking forward to you guys comming back!
Rodney
Posted By: wildidaho

Re: Lady Sharon - AWESOME! - 12/08/04 01:06 AM

The Christmas Eve cruse sounds great, that is my wife's birthday. Is there room for two more?
Posted By: Island Mom

Re: Lady Sharon - AWESOME! - 12/08/04 01:41 AM

Where do we find the Lady Sharon? We will be there in April. Do we book our spots before we arrive in Amergris Caye?

Re: Lady Sharon - AWESOME! - 12/08/04 05:22 PM

Check out their website - I emailed Rodney directly to ask questions and could have booked through him directly but didn't until I reached my hotel and had them do it (and charged it to my room). It was a blast and I just know you'll enjoy it.

Have fun! laugh

//ambergriscaye.com/ladysharon/index.html

Re: Lady Sharon - AWESOME! - 12/08/04 09:21 PM

Well, you know, Rodney, I could always quit my job and become a dance instructor on your vessel!

Re: Lady Sharon - AWESOME! - 12/09/04 12:26 AM

But Laurie, wouldn't your arms get tired laugh
Posted By: bzews

Re: Lady Sharon - AWESOME! - 12/09/04 09:31 PM

You can book Cruises in advance by e-mailing us at
[email protected] to book our cruises. the Christmas Eve will be special with a full moon and all the trimings. The phone # for "Lady Sharon" Cruises is 501-226-2292 and their dock is located one dock North of the Belize Yacht Club in front of The O'Farrell House on the beach.
On another note Laurie and I have discussed the possibility of her doing a one armed Huckelbuck, alternating arms.

Re: Lady Sharon - AWESOME! - 12/10/04 12:25 AM

Negotiations on the dance technique will continue in early May upon my return to the island. I find it is always best to be there in person and be on the boat where the dancing will take place, than to practice in one's home or office so far away!
Posted By: LaurieMar

Re: Lady Sharon - AWESOME! - 12/10/04 07:51 AM

Gela: I made up the dance and you made up the name for the dance. They go quite well together. And those three couples from Texas were getting their dance on too! The moves are really quite simple - you look kind of like an airplane, with your arms straight out, dipping from side to side. If you are really fancy, you can do a deep knee bend, accompanied by a 360 degree turn. Before all of the dancing, it is a requirement that you get your drink on!
Posted By: seashell

Re: Lady Sharon - AWESOME! - 12/10/04 02:01 PM

lmarquis, in the absence of being in San Pedro (or on the Lady Sharon) practicing in one's home or the office so far away . . .well, it's just what we do.
Posted By: Island Mom

Re: Lady Sharon - AWESOME! - 12/11/04 11:34 PM

I will be on the Lady Sharon, one night, in April with hubby and one 11 year old son. I hope the child doesn't mind seeing his mother, the social worker, get loaded on the rum punch!
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board