AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: doggums Swimming from shore/beach? - 01/05/05 06:17 PM
I have been reading posts on various topics for our first trip to Belize/Ambergris this coming May and want to thank you all for the valuable information you provide. When looking at places to stay on Ambergris, and a variety of posts in this board, there seem to be many references to swimming from the ends of docks. My previous warm weather vacations all involved simply wading into the ocean from the beach to take a swim. Am I to assum that it is too rocky near the shore to do this safely? If so, is this the case along the entire shore, or just in spots? Are there good places to stay in or near town that one can swim from the beach? Thanks in advance for your help.
Posted By: Bobber Re: Swimming from shore/beach? - 01/05/05 06:59 PM
Not rocky, just a lot of turtle grass on the bottom in most places. Some people are squeemish about walking through it. In most spots its fairly shallow out to the end of the piers, so not much "swimming" close to the beach. I don't go in the water much without a snorkel, unless there is surf to play in (which there ain't here), so I don't know if any resorts clean the grass out for swimming.
Posted By: doggums Re: Swimming from shore/beach? - 01/05/05 07:22 PM
Thanks for your response, a more dilligent search on my part found similar information regarding the grass situation, and that it seems to be less in some areas, with some resorts actually cleaning it out. Thanks again, no more info needed.
Posted By: BUGMAN Re: Swimming from shore/beach? - 01/09/05 05:22 PM
Does anyone know if there is a ladder into the water at the end of the dock at Case de Lisa?
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board