AmbergrisCaye.com Home

It's been two long years......

Posted By: frannie

It's been two long years...... - 01/10/05 12:53 AM

and finally returning in April!
My husband and I and another couple will be staying (again) at Banana Beach. We enjoy the beach walk and the pit stops to and from town! (That's the best part - especially Crazy Canucks). I guess I will find out soon enough, but am curious to know what changes have taken place since I was there. I think I read that Rasta Pasta operated out of Coconuts for a time, but has now moved on. (We do intend to have a day in Caye Caulker anyway).
Whatever happened to the Hideaway? Has is re-opened as something else? What about Sharks Bar. I haven't heard it mentioned on the board in quite some time. Also, the bamboo furniture store right beside Marina's store used to have some awesome fruit smoothies...is it gone? There was some pretty heavy construction going on beside BB (going towards town)with some very expensive condo's going up. They must be finished by now.

On a completely different topic, we used to have to pay $20 US departure fee when leaving Belize International. Is the fee structure the same or has it increased? Thanks all!
Posted By: indygal

Re: It's been two long years...... - 01/10/05 02:52 AM

Departure tax up to $35 but you pay it in your airline ticket. Like all tax men they get you one way or another.
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board