AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: scubadivingfool Lodging - 01/10/05 06:12 PM
Won a trip to Belize!!! Going first week of June. Will be staying at the Exotic Caye Resort. Does anyone have information on this place (the resort)? Sea grass, close to town, stuff like that? And I need informaton on Dive packages too. Last one....is there any topless sunbathing allowed? Any information would be helpful. Thanks!!
Posted By: Fluffy Re: Lodging - 01/10/05 08:35 PM
Wow. I want to win a trip. How'd you do it?

Exotic Caye is a nice resort. The condos are very well kept by Josephine and her niece. Ben does a really nice job with keeping the grounds clean. Don and Carol, the managers, are very good and will do anything for you.

Crazy Canucks is the bar on site and Christian and Rick are awesome bartenders. Happy Hour is between 4:00-6:00 every day. Sunday's at 2:00 they have a horseshoe tournament and Monday's is Punta Night which is alot of fun.

This is the resort that I stay at now. It will be my third stay in just 4 short sleeps.

Monkey Bites is a small restaurant that is owned and ran by Kathy and is on site as well.

Clinton runs the dive shop called Ocean Adventures that is on site.

There is sea grass. The best places that I have found to swim is at Ramons and Banyan Bay.

Anyway, you won't be disappointed with Exotic. Nice resort, great people, awesome time!

Sorry. I can't help you with the topless sunbathing.
Posted By: scubadivingfool Re: Lodging - 01/10/05 09:01 PM
Thanks for the reply Fluffy. Won the trip during a "Treasure Hunt Dive" in NC. I was so shocked. Never have won anything in my life. What a prize to start with huh? Coulda knocked me over with a feather!!

Got any pictures you would care to share of this resort and the beach , stuff like that? Would love to see what it is like.

Thanks so much for all the information.
Posted By: ilandhoper Re: Lodging - 01/10/05 09:46 PM
The place doesn't look like much from the beach or the street, which is very typical of the hotel/resort scene on AC. Adds to the charm. You will love Canucks and MonkeyBites is a hidden gem. Food and coffee are terrific. Ate breakfast there all but two mornings of the week when I visited last. The area all along the south of town has a slight sea grass issue, we were able to wade out a little ways, but would have to second Fluffy on swimming off Ramon's pier. About 3-5 minute walk north. Have a photo Canucks but hate to spoil it for you. You would be better off seeing the place in person, photos have a difficult time doing any justice to the place. You can't take a picture of 360 degrees or get any of the sounds. You will love it.....
Posted By: Richard Chambers Re: Lodging - 01/11/05 04:24 AM
You're gonna love the place!
I've stayed there a number of times and never been disappointed. Short walk to Coconuts and Georges' Restaurant is right across the street for breakfast!
God i'm jealous!!! eek
Posted By: Johnboy Re: Lodging - 01/11/05 05:29 AM
Richard, where you been keeping yourself?????? When is your next trip to AC??//How's DUH doing??
Posted By: Windjammer Re: Lodging - 01/11/05 05:31 AM
I'm staying there in 34 more sleeps and then I can tell you more.
Posted By: scubadivingfool Re: Lodging - 02/03/05 02:20 PM
Hey windjammer, about ready to leave aren't you? Take some pictures for me!!!
Posted By: scubadivingfool Re: Lodging - 02/03/05 02:22 PM
Richard, thanks for the reply. Been out of touch for a while or I would have thanked you sooner.
Posted By: Fluffy Re: Lodging - 02/03/05 02:50 PM
I just sent you some pictures of the resort and Canucks! Enjoy!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board