AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Hammock House

Posted By: kippe

Hammock House - 01/18/05 03:15 AM

If you havn't been here for a while you might want to know that Barefoot Skinny and Libby has a great place just across the split. Friday night is "Libby's recipe night" and Skinny live and Sundays is BBQ and jam session, food from 2PM, music from 4PM. Great people, great food, great atmosphere! And the boatyard has reggae night Sunday night. Ferry is free til 8PM and after that only a buck per person.
Posted By: Wyoming Carla

Re: Hammock House - 01/18/05 10:55 PM

Where is the boatyard...?.....and is that Tony Brown etc.?
Posted By: dolphin

Re: Hammock House - 01/19/05 12:11 AM

The BoatYard is on the back side of the island, near Maya Island Air. Good for sunsets.
Tony Brown is like family to the Hammock House and plays there often. Sunday afternoon and evenings have been awesome.

Re: Hammock House - 01/19/05 12:16 AM

Well, I knew that...but does he play at the Boatyard too, as well as Fido's and the Hammock House?

Re: Hammock House - 01/19/05 03:19 AM

No, Tony does not play at The BoatYard. There it is only DJs, except for special events.

Re: Hammock House - 01/19/05 04:31 AM

Thanks for helping out "dolphin". Just threw in the fact that the little ferry is running around the clock as an afterthought, had nothing to do with the boatyard!
The music scene is a little confusing right now for all of you that are used to going to Fido's for "Category X", Shark's for "Punta boys"....things are different now! All things change!Even in San Pedro.
:rolleyes:

Re: Hammock House - 01/19/05 07:38 PM

Thanks guys....be there in May. I live for the island, the people, the music and the ocean....oh yeah, and the one barrel. Can't wait laugh laugh

Re: Hammock House - 01/19/05 08:42 PM

Ok kippe and dolphin....do tell. Who is playing where - and when? (live) Is there kind of a schedule? I love ALL the music there, and want to know where to go when I get there. Thanks again. cool

Re: Hammock House - 01/22/05 07:06 AM

Hi Carla,
Friday nights have been really good at the Hammock House. Mostly Barefoot Skinny playing, but good food specials.
Sundays have been awesome. Anytime after 4:oopm. Great bar-b-que, and sometime over 20 musicians gathering just to jam.

Re: Hammock House - 01/23/05 04:22 AM

WC, who knows who is going to play where in May. hit us up again closer to your coming down here!
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board