AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Corona del Mar

Posted By: glenn and cc

Corona del Mar - 02/16/05 07:15 PM

10 more days till paradise. Has anyone stayed at Corona del Mar? We have a "sunset room w/balcony". That makes me a little curious of what to expect. Also have heard to different dates on the lobster season 2/15 vs 3/15.
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: Corona del Mar - 02/16/05 07:19 PM

Sorry buddy... lobster season is over!
Posted By: krehfish

Re: Corona del Mar - 02/16/05 08:22 PM

Sorry again, but you'll watch the sunRISE from their beach.
Posted By: klcman

Re: Corona del Mar - 02/16/05 09:22 PM

and can see the sunset from the back of the bldg.......of course you can
Posted By: mangoman

Re: Corona del Mar - 02/16/05 09:55 PM

Corona Del Mar - just spent a week there - room 205 overlooking the beach and palm trees - not a bad room in the place - even the rooms to the rear... great staff - tell Frankie we said "YO, How you doin" the only saying he knew all week was "it's all good"
Posted By: OneEyeOpen

Re: Corona del Mar - 02/17/05 01:49 AM

We were there the first week of February for 6 nights in the Sunset Room w/Balcony (back of the building), Room 308. Nice sunset view and a peak-of the ocean around the corner of the balcony. Good size room with a Queen bed. Clean simple bathroom with shower and toilet, the sink seperate in the main room next to the small fridge included bottled water. Good air conditioning. The continental breakfast was great...fresh fruits, breads, coffee, juice, top quality. Excellent staff and owners. Lobster season ended on 2/15. Elvi's has the best fried conch and garlic fish. Enjoy your stay.
Posted By: bill b

Re: Corona del Mar - 02/17/05 01:06 PM

lobster schmoster. try the red snapper. you'll never go back.
Posted By: govikes

Re: Corona del Mar - 02/17/05 05:33 PM

Glenn & CC - you'll enjoy Woody's (Corona del Mar), staff is the best, great location! Have stayed in both sunset and oceanside rooms and was very happy with both! Some friends of mine from MN will be there the same time as you, Gail & Don, I'm sure you'll meet them. Have a great trip! laugh
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Corona del Mar - 02/17/05 06:08 PM

govikes, where are you? Drop me an email confused
Posted By: glenn and cc

Re: Corona del Mar - 02/18/05 01:29 AM

Thanks to all of you, so anxious can't wait. This forum has been so wonderful to observe and participate in. I know we will have a BLAST! That word indicates our age:(
Posted By: kerry

Re: Corona del Mar - 02/18/05 07:56 AM

have to agree with govikes....but am concerned about woody and helen....last i heard there were some health issues with woody, but the staff has been wonderful with taking care of things...any one know how he is doing???? would highly recommend staying at corona del mar...thumbs up from kerry!!!!
Posted By: mangoman

Re: Corona del Mar - 02/18/05 02:22 PM

Hi Kerry
I have been reading the board this week because I am going through withdraw from leaving AC last Sunday. We stayed at Corona Del Mar from 2/5 to 2/13.... I am back at work in the Philadelphia area and keep picturing the beautiful beach, palm trees and ocean. To answer your question about Woody, we heard he had some surgery back in Seattle and was scheduled to arrive back at AC Sunday afternoon when we were leaving. My fiance was talking to the folks next door who were filing in for Woody and his wife. We never met them but we wish them well. They had a great place to stay, we are booking for next year again...
Rob
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Corona del Mar - 02/18/05 02:38 PM

A new slim-line Woody came back a few days ago. He's had considerable arterial surgery on one leg and as he says is lucky to have kept it. So he's now on a very unaccustomed program of exercise - for the rest of his life. Helen is following after a couple of weeks - she's still having something relatively minor done.
Posted By: kerry

Re: Corona del Mar - 02/19/05 09:34 AM

hey mangoman & pedro 2....appreciate your responses about woody and helen....lovely people...glad to know that they are ok....if you are ever in corozal town, please look me up at the "purple toucan"......take care....kerry
Posted By: curlzim

Re: Corona del Mar - 02/25/05 06:22 PM

I worked for Woody and Helen at Corona del Mar about eight years ago. GREAT PEOPLE. Have lost touch...now in Florida. Glad to have news of them.

Re: Corona del Mar - 02/25/05 06:25 PM

Anyone know Marsha and Freddy Waight and/or what's become of them? Still in San Pedro?
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Corona del Mar - 02/25/05 07:01 PM

yup... Marsha and Freddie still doing fine.

Re: Corona del Mar - 02/27/05 02:52 PM

Hey Cap'n Jesse! ANy idea how I can get ahold of Marsha?
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Corona del Mar - 02/27/05 03:00 PM

Maybe leave a message at BC's?

Re: Corona del Mar - 02/27/05 04:16 PM

Thanx! I just emailed Bruce and Charlene.
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board