AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites

Posted By: belizelaw

Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 02/21/05 06:21 PM

Hey all! My family is going down over this next Christmas to A.C. I've stayed at Belizean Reef before. I love the fact that it's well-run, well-kept, secure and right at town.

I'm trying to decide between staying there or at Coral Bay Villas. Their website says south of town, a 15 minute walk, but I just can't picture passing it, though I've walked that way numerous times.

Anyone prefer one over the other and willing to talk about it?
Posted By: klcman

Re: Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 02/21/05 06:37 PM

Between Coconuts & Zanadu -
Posted By: Coco Loco Lady

Re: Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 02/21/05 07:15 PM

It's the other side of the Barge from Coconuts. Next to Caribbean Villas. It is also well run, well kept, secure, etc. We stayed there and totally loved it. Hoping to stay there again next time down. Any other questions on Coral Bay Villa's just ask.
Coco
Posted By: doggums

Re: Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 02/21/05 11:32 PM

Does anyone have pictures of Coral Bay Villas? A travel report with pictures of the place? There are not many on the website, and I have it booked for 12 days in May, would like to get a better idea of the environs.
Posted By: taters & dab

Re: Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 02/22/05 01:42 AM

We stayed at Coral Bay Villas last May and really liked it. The rooms are nice, big and well furnished with AC. Rafael, the manager, was very gracious and accommodating. It is a smaller place but well maintained.

The only drawback we found was that it didn't have a pool to cool off with after laying in the sun. had to dip in the bay which wasn't real nice in front. Sea grass and real shallow. You can go next door to the end of the dock and swim. Also they unload the barge just down the beach from there at early evening.
I would show you our room and the place if I knew how to attach the photos
Posted By: jfabes

Re: Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 02/22/05 03:41 AM

taters & dab if you want to show the pictures you can email them to me and I will host them and then post them for all to see. email is in my profile

Re: Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 02/22/05 04:43 AM

I read from another post that while Coral Bay Villas does not have a pool, there is an outdoor shower available to serve the cool off function after laying out.
Posted By: Hon

Re: Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 02/22/05 03:27 PM

We stayed at Coral Bay Villas in January '05. We loved it there!

The facilities are _exactly_ as described in their promotional materials so the only surprises were pleasant ones...like the fact that Raphael would bring a case of Belikin to our condo and put in in our fridge for 48BZD.

There is no pool, there are no showers outside and it's not possible to swim at the beach (just like most of AC) but it is great to swim of of the pier at Caribbean Villas next door and if you lie in the sun all you have to do is walk inside your condo for a shower...no problem, mon cool

I've never stayed at Belizean Reef. For the forseeable future, as long as Coral Bay Villas is available for our vacation dates, we will stay there.

I sent some pics to jfabes to post. Hope they help you make your decision.

Hon

Re: Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 02/22/05 03:59 PM

here are two pictures Hon took of her room at Coral Bay. Obviously one is taken from outside looking in towards the room and the other is taken in the room looking out towards paradise

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: CHOOCHOO

Re: Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 02/22/05 04:01 PM

Hon,

The last time I checked (Nov '04) there was still an outside shower at the east side of the office amid all the flowers just as you come down the steps.

I would be too partial to Coral Bay to comment much more. We've stayed there almost 20 times in the last 7 years. Sometimes just us, but usually we bring 5 other couples with us and fill the place. Same builder/developer and onsite management as Belizean Shores and two other projects to come.

(Looks like Unit #2 above to me. Two and a half years ago those palms were only about 3' tall after the last "little wind storm".)

Re: Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 02/22/05 05:24 PM

You can't be too partial! Comment more, comment more! Since we'll be staying there I can't hear enough good things about the place.

Re: Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 02/22/05 06:14 PM

For some reason I thought that Doggums said that he read that there were outdoor showers for each condo. In reading back I realize that I was mistaken.

So yes, there is an outdoor shower around to the front of the building but I never used it. Since I was on the ground floor, I would have had to walk farther to get to it than to get to my own.

Another feature that I really liked is the fact that we could open windows both on the west and east side of the condo. It was like a natural breeze way. Even when the winds were very calm we had lots of air movement while we had our meals and while we took our siestas during the hottest part of the day.

Hon

Re: Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 02/22/05 06:39 PM

How many condos are there per floor at CBV? If more than 2, would I be correct in assuming that an end condo would be preferrable to one in the middle if available?
Posted By: CHOOCHOO

Re: Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 02/22/05 06:53 PM

You would be wanting #1 or #4 on the ground floor or #5 upstairs. All are privately owned but the top unit on the north side is reserved and private. We have always stayed in #1, but one time in #5. SWMBO loved #5, but I am a creature of habit so it was back to #1. Ask Rafael what's available, he'll take care of it.

Re: Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 02/23/05 01:09 AM

and here are pictures from taters & dab of coral bay villas

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Chloe

Re: Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 02/23/05 02:55 AM

WOW wonderful photos, makes one feel as if they have just laid down those footprints in the sand.

So inviting.

Re: Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 02/23/05 02:56 AM

Thanks tremendously for the photos and all the info. it's all greatly appreciated.
Posted By: belizelaw

Re: Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 02/24/05 04:32 PM

Thanks for the help!
Posted By: evirdhgih

Re: Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 02/25/05 07:12 AM

looks like the only real difference is that Belizean Reef is closer to town. We own unit 2 there, just so you know where i am coming from. I enjoy being able to walk to all the shopping during the day, and to the Lions bbq etc at night. But that is just us.

Re: Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 02/25/05 06:15 PM

We walked the beach almost everywhere we went from Coral Bay Villas. It was a great way to check out the other resorts, explore the bars, meet people and to exercise off the enormous amounts of food & significant quantities of alcohol we consumed every day laugh .

For major grocery shopping days and when we wanted to explore north of the cut, we used the complementary bicycles that they provided for guests.

Hon

Re: Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 02/25/05 09:25 PM

Thanks for the info Hon, I want to go TODAY!

Re: Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 02/25/05 09:33 PM

So do I!!! That's why I hang around here so much wink
Posted By: Tag

Re: Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 08/23/05 07:44 PM

We are heading to Coral Bay Villas at the end of the year and can't wait to get there. I noticed this thread and would love to see your photos of Coral Bay Villas. They aren't showing up here anymore - maybe because they were posted some time ago? If you wouldn't mind re-posting them that would be great - love to see where we are headed. We are staying in the corner unit on the ground floor - do you reccomend that one or do you think that being on the top floor in the middle is preferable (upper corner already reserved for someone else). Thanks for any feedback!

Re: Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 08/24/05 12:27 AM

Hi Tag,

jfabes posted my pics because I don't have them on a website. I will email them to you if you pm me with your addy.

Hon
Posted By: tweedybear

Re: Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 08/24/05 04:35 PM

As I mentioned earlier, we're staying three nights at Coral Villas then the last two nights at the http://www.caribbeanvillashotel.com/rates.html - check it out - they're right next to each other. We're taking the padi course with grumpyandhappy.com. Mata Rocks is too plain, Banana Beach doesn't have the views - this place has the views although I'm sure they're great. Who cares about the pool when we'll be in the water all day along with the beach right in front. I've spent 33+ hours researching this trip for it consists of Mexico & A.C. I want it to be perfect for our 30th.

Re: Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 08/24/05 04:36 PM

PS - I coudldn't see the pictures you posted re the villas? What was I doing wrong?

Re: Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 08/24/05 05:15 PM

Hi tweedybear,

jfabes probably removed the pictures from his website once this post was off of the main page.

...and just so you aren't unpleasantly surprised, swimming at the beach is not good on most of AC. Because of the reef, the bottom is squishy/mushy and there is a lot of sea grass near/on shore (depending on the tide). That said, we swam and snorkeled off the pier at Caribbean Villas daily. They have a roped off area for swimming so you will be safe from any boat traffic.

Re: Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 08/24/05 05:20 PM

thanks for the info.

Re: Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 08/24/05 11:58 PM

what do you mean BB doesn't have the views? Please clarify what you were looking to view.
Posted By: sandb

Re: Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 08/25/05 01:45 AM

Originally posted by klcman:
Between Coconuts & Zanadu -
Given this, there is no way you have ever stayed at either of the OP's excellent choices.

Re: Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 08/25/05 01:51 AM

wrong.....my man, dead wrong I have -

and the comment you so eloquently quoted was in reference to the orignal question as to location of CBV
Posted By: sandb

Re: Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 08/25/05 03:16 AM

You are right. My mistake....somewhere in here someone had a great turn of phrase referencing the fact that the great many posts on the internet would be drastically reduced by an absence of the adult beverage. I fall on my sword.

Re: Coral Bay Villas v. Belizean Reef Suites - 08/25/05 03:39 AM

hahaha tis OK..we all love to imbibe.

Cheers! :p
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board