AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Another Traffic Jam Picture

Posted By: RICH GUY

Another Traffic Jam Picture - 03/06/05 10:15 PM

I'm not meaning to put fuel on the fire, just thought some of you would be interested in seeing another traffic jam picture.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Another Traffic Jam Picture - 03/06/05 10:44 PM

OUTRAGIOUS, I count 7 vans 2 big trucks and only 2 golf carts. What tha hell is the SPTC doing? mad All in about 50' at the air strip. mad mad
Posted By: snowconeking

Re: Another Traffic Jam Picture - 03/07/05 12:58 AM

If you notice, the large truck is parked. Better question is where is traffic warden?
Posted By: klcman

Re: Another Traffic Jam Picture - 03/07/05 01:22 AM

I can't see the pic...only the ugly red X confused mad
Posted By: Chloe

Re: Another Traffic Jam Picture - 03/07/05 01:27 AM

HMMMMMMM. even I can see this one. What bottle neck.

northAmerican vehicle confuses me.
Posted By: Ivana Snorkel

Re: Another Traffic Jam Picture - 03/07/05 01:33 AM

One positive: I remember a scene like this (almost literally) hitting us upon first arrival, just off the plane -- which was a good warning for us to watch it on the roads for the rest of the trip. But it cut into my no worries island mood.

What you don't get from the photo is how fast those taxis actually go in such a narrow space.
Posted By: Beachy

Re: Another Traffic Jam Picture - 03/07/05 01:39 AM

It should be noted that both this and the other photo are of the same bottleneck (at the airport) and is probably at/close to noon when everyone is racing home for lunch...
PS: I agree about the traffic situation.
Posted By: NYgal

Re: Another Traffic Jam Picture - 03/07/05 01:58 AM

do you see it yet klc?

It's not a pretty quiet sight, lunch or not frown

Re: Another Traffic Jam Picture - 03/07/05 03:01 AM

nope, but then, I've seen the real deal many a time and it ain't pretty
Posted By: jfabes

Re: Another Traffic Jam Picture - 03/07/05 03:22 AM

re-hosted for klcman

[Linked Image]

Re: Another Traffic Jam Picture - 03/07/05 04:03 AM

truly amazing......thx JF

but I'm w/Chloe ----------wth NA Van lines? eek

Re: Another Traffic Jam Picture - 03/07/05 04:58 AM

That dude must have pontoons
Posted By: kippe

Re: Another Traffic Jam Picture - 03/07/05 05:59 AM

Maybe now some of you guys get the message! (Thanks RICH GUY!) All of you that thought I was the bitch, needed to "chill", walk the beach, whatever! RICH GUY, please take a picture of the children coming out of the Catholic School for lunch and maybe that will do it! Happy travels you all! At least I know what to do on any major highway in the States, here it is mayhem! And yes, i have driven most major highways in the Sates and Europe, and believe it or not, it felt safer than San Pedro downtown does to me today! I will now even bring up the lunatic that loves to disobey any rules as far as safety on the water goes! You, residents of San Pedro, all know him! there is a serious accident in the making and I can't figure out why he can keep on doing his crazy stunts every day- no wake zone or not!

Re: Another Traffic Jam Picture - 03/07/05 04:51 PM

Kippe, we get the message and did a couple years ago, and discussed it and got beat up.

This problem must be dealt with from the TOP down not the bottom up. LIMIT and Eliminate.

Rules and Laws must be enforced, minute by minute.
Posted By: RICH GUY

Re: Another Traffic Jam Picture - 03/07/05 07:51 PM

Glad to be of service. wink
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Another Traffic Jam Picture - 03/08/05 12:20 AM

Well I can't see anything, not even a red X.
Posted By: Pedro1

Re: Another Traffic Jam Picture - 03/08/05 03:10 AM

Dear me

A photo of the airport(Tropic) - a place where everyone demands a taxi to stop -either to get their luggage in or out of the cab-giving zero thought to the people in vehicles behind or in front -this is a bottle neck because nobody gives a crap other than for themselves.
How many people have unloaded or loaded at Tropic's terminal?
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Another Traffic Jam Picture - 03/08/05 03:31 AM

Pedro, Pull your head out before you sit down and break your neck. It is not touriest blocking the roadway, it's the taxi's and heavy trucks ! What a knuckle head.
Posted By: indygal

Re: Another Traffic Jam Picture - 03/08/05 03:32 AM

I have stopped at that sight, didn't see much way around it. We do try to be quick about it.
Hi Peter
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Another Traffic Jam Picture - 03/08/05 02:51 PM

That mess was courtesy of Scotiabank unloading their furniture right in the middle of the day. The cops went past and didn't do a damn thing about it.

If you think it's bad now wait until they open up and everyone parks in front. Personally I can't believe their stupidity and lack of concern for the community by putting the bank in that location.
Posted By: bywarren

Re: Another Traffic Jam Picture - 03/08/05 03:00 PM

Good point, SimonB. But, I would offer the thought that it should be the "community" (ie: the Town Board) that has the responsibility to have some sort of planning that takes into consideration the rate of growth in relation to the ability and the investment in the infrastructure to handle the growth as opposed to what appears to be the policy of "let's get every tourist and their dollar here now and we will worry about the future later". frown
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Another Traffic Jam Picture - 03/08/05 03:14 PM

All planning authority lies in Belmopan. The Town Council is powerless to do anything.
Posted By: bywarren

Re: Another Traffic Jam Picture - 03/08/05 04:01 PM

Then why is there a Town Council? confused
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board