AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Ruby's?

Posted By: kristen1673

Ruby's? - 03/21/05 08:06 PM

Anyone else stayed at Ruby's before? How was it? We're going in a week and a half. Also, what's the best way to get from the airport in Belize City to Ambergris Caye? Is the water taxi easy b/c I like the price! The flights seem way expensive.

Thanks!
Posted By: SURFTIKI

Re: Ruby's? - 03/21/05 08:08 PM

THE WATER TAXI WILL TAKE ABOUT AN HR TO GET TO SP.
THE PLANE 15 MIN..SORRY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT RUBY'S..
Posted By: doggums

Re: Ruby's? - 03/21/05 08:13 PM

I'm not chastising you for not having done this, just trying to offer some help. If you use the search function on this page there are 14 topics having to do with Ruby's (this is subject line only search, far more if you search message body as well.)
Posted By: streetchie

Re: Ruby's? - 03/21/05 08:17 PM

Ruby's is just fine. Very basic, clean, right in the center of town. Draws the backpacker crowd at times and others that are looking for a good value. Expect no frills. Good cafe.

I have taken both the water taxi and flights from Belize City. These days I opt for the flight. Much quicker and after a long day of travel from New England, the last thing I want to do is crowd into a boat for an hour and 15 minute ride.
Posted By: kristen1673

Re: Ruby's? - 03/21/05 08:32 PM

Thanks! I'm new and didn't know about the search. Very helpful. Sounds like Ruby's will have just what we need. A clean room on the beach with good, cheap eats close by. I just want to enjoy the sunshine and forget about work.
Posted By: Kra-Z-K

Re: Ruby's? - 03/21/05 09:39 PM

the water ferry is cheap, only around $15 US, BUT you have to take a taxi to the water ferry from the Belize Int Airport, which is another $15 totaling $30. It is only $50 to take a plane to San Pedro, and BOY is the view amazing, beautiful, spectacular... and 15 minutes. smile
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: Ruby's? - 03/21/05 10:59 PM

ke, round-trip is more like $100 to fly from BZE to SP. Last month the taxi to the water taxi was $20 (not $15) and the water taxi ride was a bit more than that, if I'm not mistaken... so prices have gone up a bit.

Re: Ruby's? - 03/22/05 01:14 AM

Look, MS. TRAVELQUEEN:

I stated to GET to san pedro, it is $50...and my prices for the ferry were to GET to san pedro. You stated it is $100 roundtrip to fly. geez. lets see...if one would want to get BACK, which they probably do, you'd need to figure $50 to return, so either way....what you wrote is exactly the same as what I wrote. think about this, I stated to GET to san pedro. And, if my taxi and ferry costs were one way, you'd think the flight was too! so, $50+$50=$100. soy un genio!
AND, I JUST was there 3 weeks ago, once again, and my TAXI WAS $15... you should know for someone touristy who isn't good with traveling, it could cost more, but being that you are a travel queen, you'd think you would have gotten the taxi for $15, too. Look, I am not trying to be rude here, but there is just no need to be so grouchy when talking to people here.
Posted By: jfabes

Re: Ruby's? - 03/22/05 01:50 AM

whats with all the anger in threads lately?
Posted By: dolphin

Re: Ruby's? - 03/22/05 02:17 AM

Relax Everyone.....

The watertaxis are normally ($15us/$30bz)one way.
There has been a special for (10us/$20bz)one way.

The taxi from International to the Belize City watertaxi is usually ($20us/$40bz), but I think they add for over 2 people.

For four people you can save some money but lose island vacation time. Less than four, take the plane. The view is worth it.
Posted By: robino

Re: Ruby's? - 03/22/05 02:26 AM

Here we go again. It makes you afraid to ask or respond to anything. Yet it makes sense that on a vacation forum this anger would come out which validates the need for the vacation in the 1st place.
Posted By: wannaBEthere

Re: Ruby's? - 03/22/05 04:48 AM

Stress mad

SP laugh

Re: Ruby's? - 03/22/05 04:22 PM

JEEZ ke! The last thing I wanted to do was to sound "grouchy", just wanted to give her ALL the info instead of just the one-way. My gosh! Relax a little, huh? It's all good! Believe me!
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Ruby's? - 03/22/05 04:36 PM

I think we all need a big group hug, let's all meet at BC's on Sunday and have a big snuggle! :p
Posted By: jfabes

Re: Ruby's? - 03/22/05 04:57 PM

Originally posted by SimonB:
I think we all need a big group hug, let's all meet at BC's on Sunday and have a big snuggle! :p
SimonB that sounds like a plan. Unfortunately I will only be able to make BC's bbq on the 17th of april.

Re: Ruby's? - 03/22/05 05:04 PM

jfabes, so will I! I'll meet you there!!!

Re: Ruby's? - 03/22/05 05:10 PM

Nope, no excuses y'all get your butts down here, you can't put off the important things in life. Bring a tent, you can sleep on the beach until your "real" vacation starts (alternately you can sleep with Piasano.)

Re: Ruby's? - 03/22/05 05:14 PM

LOL! I love your enthusiasim SimonB but if I miss that much work, I'll be out of a job and then won't ever be able to return to AC! That would be a real drag! Hope to meet you guys soon... or better yet, rumor has it, there is a partee here in Houston week of 5/20. smile smile Come to Houston!

Re: Ruby's? - 03/22/05 05:27 PM

Leave the island? Never!

Re: Ruby's? - 03/22/05 05:30 PM

I don't blame you smile See you soon!...

Re: Ruby's? - 03/22/05 06:26 PM

travelqueen, are you in San Pedro now? Cause perhaps we do need this group hug smile

Re: Ruby's? - 03/22/05 07:06 PM

LOL! I wish! I'll see you 4/15 - 4/17, I hope. smile

Re: Ruby's? - 03/23/05 06:16 AM

I will be there after you!
Posted By: NYgal

Re: Ruby's? - 03/23/05 01:57 PM

Awwwwwwwwwwww... another happy ending smile
Posted By: dbdoberman

Re: Ruby's? - 03/23/05 02:00 PM

*sniffling* this is sweet smile , but if we do the group hug thing, I insist in being placed between two women :p

Re: Ruby's? - 03/23/05 02:03 PM

SPA-SC will have a group hug all in Belize smile

Can you imagine that confused wink
Posted By: dbdoberman

Re: Ruby's? - 03/23/05 02:04 PM

why, yes I can! I can imagine being between Chloe and you! laugh

Re: Ruby's? - 03/23/05 02:15 PM

and the rest of your newly adopted relatives laugh
Posted By: ScubaHoney

Re: Ruby's? - 03/23/05 03:13 PM

Hello! I am new to this message board. I just got back from the island(my third trip over the past year). Travelqueen, you mentioned a partee the week of 05/20....when and where???!!!!

Re: Ruby's? - 03/23/05 04:10 PM

O Honey... check out "general chat area". All of the relative information is under that topic... Hope you can come!!!!!!! Would love to meet you and this is for a great cause!!!! ...and April 15-17 will be my 3rd trip to AC this year! Don't you love it!
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Ruby's? - 03/23/05 04:15 PM

ScubaHoney ...... see our website at www.sanpedrosc.org

Ernie
Posted By: ScubaHoney

Re: Ruby's? - 03/23/05 05:46 PM

Thanks for the quick replies! I checked out the website - really great idea and awesome cause! I will try to make it to Conroe for the partee- at least will buy a chance (or two) for prizes. And yes, I love AC!!!!! I hope to head there in either November or December.
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board