AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Restaurants

Posted By: mgrayvu

Restaurants - 03/29/05 08:24 PM

I'll be arriving this Friday! It is my first trip to Belize. Friday is my boyfriend's birthday and I wanted to plan a special dinner for the 2 of us. Any suggestions? We're staying at Victoria House.
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Restaurants - 03/29/05 08:44 PM

Why not Victoria House, one of the finest restaurants on the island. Linen table clothes, silver romantic, etc etc. The San Pedro Social Club recommends Victoria House very highly.

Visit our website www.sanpedrosc.org
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Restaurants - 03/29/05 08:52 PM

Ditto or Casa Picasso

Re: Restaurants - 03/29/05 09:00 PM

Thanks for the replies. What is Casa Picasso like?
Posted By: jfabes

Re: Restaurants - 03/29/05 09:09 PM

Originally posted by mgrayvu:
Thanks for the replies. What is Casa Picasso like?
I have heard nothing but good things about casa picasso as far as food goes. But I am more concerned about their half priced margaritas after 9pm :p
Posted By: mustardgirl100

Re: Restaurants - 03/29/05 09:10 PM

I am going for my birthday in May to Capricorn. In the north . Suppose to be the Best on the Island and very romantic. Check them out on the website. Also they will send a water taxi for you. SOUNDS REALLY SPECIAL

Re: Restaurants - 03/29/05 09:13 PM

Originally posted by mustardgirl100:
I am going for my birthday in May to Capricorn. In the north . Suppose to be the Best on the Island and very romantic. Check them out on the website. Also they will send a water taxi for you. SOUNDS REALLY SPECIAL

Re: Restaurants - 03/29/05 09:16 PM

Originally posted by mustardgirl100:
Sorry for the repeat message, I am new to the message board.
I contacted Capricorn via e-mail yesterday, but they didn't mention anything about picking us up. I wanted to set something up before we got to Belize, but they just told me to have the concierge make us a reservation once we check in. It seemed as though there were mixed reviews on the place from other people on the board.
Posted By: mustardgirl100

Re: Restaurants - 03/29/05 10:06 PM

fUNNY when I made my reservation, they asked me if I needed a water Taxi. Victoria House could also make the reservation but you can always take a taxi to town and then the hourly ferry. From what I heard it is the best and why would you want to eat in your hotel. It seems you can do that any night
Posted By: Djean

Re: Restaurants - 03/29/05 10:13 PM

try

"Tastes of Thailand"

Great food.
Posted By: CHOOCHOO

Re: Restaurants - 03/29/05 10:17 PM

Casa Picasso, excellent. From personal experience and also from several friends who have years of experience in the restaurant business. A short and inexpensive taxi ride from Victoria House.

Capricorn will "arrange" for a water taxi but you will pay for it. Sometimes that's not made very clear. Wonderful atmosphere, very mixed reviews on the food. For some reason those with a negative experience(s) very seldom, if ever, post them. That is true for all SP restaurants, not specifically any particular one.
Posted By: Chas_Jenn

Re: Restaurants - 03/29/05 10:17 PM

We ate at both Casa Picasso and Capricorn. For the food, I can highly recommend both of them! For the atmosphere, tho, I preferred Capricorn. Casa Picasso was gorgeous, and we were treated like royalty there - however, I felt like I should be in the middle of a busy city, not a relaxing island restaurant...the atmosphere of Capricorn more reflected the mood I wanted to experience.

Every meal we ate on the island was just wonderful, from Capricorn, to the meat pies the little boy sold us at Canuck's!

re: water taxi - the wonderful people at the front desk of Exotic Caye made our reservations for us and arranged for the water taxi to pick us up on our dock smile
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Restaurants - 03/29/05 10:26 PM

Try this for more on Casa Picasso:

//ambergriscaye.com/message/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=009532#000004
Posted By: rockfish

Re: Restaurants - 03/29/05 10:27 PM

From one april fool's baby to another, I'd say get a table Friday night about 7 at Caliente's overlooking the Chicken Drop. Buy him the number of $1 tickets that equals his birthday. Now that's special.
Posted By: angelacarr1961

Re: Restaurants - 03/29/05 10:29 PM

Rico's at Banyon Bay is good.
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Restaurants - 03/29/05 10:46 PM

Depending on when you get in, Capricorn could be a pretty long haul if you're tired from traveling all day.

Victoria House and Casa Picasso are tops for romantic/fine dining. Casa Picasso has awesome paella on Friday nights.

It's also funny how some people who've never even been to the island feel compelled to flap their jaws. :rolleyes: I never understood that.
Posted By: A&B to Belize

Re: Restaurants - 03/29/05 10:51 PM

Victoria House is one of the best restaurants on the island. After traveling all day, you may want to have an incredible meal there. Order a bottle of wine and bring whatever is left over back to your room with you.

Capricorn is a great spot too. If you take a water taxi, sit as close to the back as you can. People who sit up front get a little wet.
© 2022 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board