AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: lillew we are - 04/12/05 01:55 AM
hello
My husband and I will be arriving in San Pedro on Thurs April 21st we are comming from Canada.
We plan on doing snorkling and cave tubing visiting the Mayan Ruins on the main land. But most of our stay will be from the Sunbreeze in San Pedro. I saw on the internet a bar called Crazy Canuck? but when I clicked on the link it took me to a hotel. Was just planning on visiting this bar because of the name...is there really such a place. I would like the best places for the cave tubing and some other things to do and prices for golf carts. We are actually going to be a party of five but....one is going to be a 13yr old...any suggestions for her since she won't be diving? I have heard about spas etc was also wondering about the costs for those? Basically any info would be great...Now to get thru the plane ride
Posted By: SP Daily Re: we are - 04/12/05 02:29 AM
Crazy Canucks is THE place! Located south of where you're staying about 10 minutes walk on the beach at Exotic Caye/Playador. Lots of Canadians! And lots of fun!
Posted By: Fluffy Re: we are - 04/12/05 12:11 PM
I totally agree with Jesse. Crazy Canucks is owned by Don and Carol, expats from Canada. They are wonderful as are the bartenders, Christian, Rick and Alejandro.

It is a must visit when you're on AC!

I'll be down there May 6th and can hardly contain my excitement!
Posted By: CyaBye Re: we are - 04/12/05 02:38 PM
"about 10 minutes walk on the beach" This depends upon how sidetracked you get along the way.
Posted By: Coco Loco Lady Re: we are - 04/12/05 10:09 PM
Crazy Canucks is for sure the place to be! Punta Boys play there on Monday nights. Just a fun bar to hang out at, everyone is so friendly there!
Coco
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: we are - 04/13/05 06:45 AM
Crazy Canucks does rock and is lots of fun. One of my fav hangouts (besides BCs).

Fluffy: Gela and I will be on island on 5/8, after a few days in Placencia. Ready to get my drink on. I will be at Canucks Monday night. Let's hook up for a drink. Ask Carol, Don, Rick, etc. to point us out and we will do the same!
Posted By: Fluffy Re: we are - 04/13/05 03:40 PM
LaurieMar: That sounds great. I'll see you there! I hope you have lots of stories about Placencia. I'd like to fit that in my next trip.
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: we are - 04/14/05 07:05 AM
I hope we have lots of tales to tell - first visit in Placencia, after many times to island, so looking forward to seeing a different part of the country. Also we will be at BCs on Sunday 5/8 BBQ, then Hammock House after that. See ya there!
Posted By: Gela Re: we are - 04/14/05 05:05 PM
Mmm, I can taste the BBQ already - look out AC, here we come!
Posted By: andrewc52002 Re: we are - 04/14/05 08:01 PM
Hi Jesse
Are there lots of Canadians, really ?
thank you
Posted By: SP Daily Re: we are - 04/14/05 08:31 PM
Probably half of the expats are Canadian. Plus lots of visitors from Canada.
Posted By: klcman Re: we are - 04/15/05 12:11 AM
eek
Posted By: papashine Re: we are - 04/15/05 12:24 AM
Gosh, last time I checked we all had the same passports. confused
Posted By: Hon Re: we are - 04/15/05 01:08 AM
Mon dieu :rolleyes:
Posted By: Hon Re: we are - 04/15/05 12:43 PM
Renski,

Your post is chock full of generalizations. Brick by brick, mon ami(e).

Hon
Posted By: NYgal Re: we are - 04/15/05 01:53 PM
Oh boy...I live very near the border...I wonder what I am. DON'T answer that laugh

We are all people...knock off the wonder and create a mind of not being centered on what others think. Paint your own pictures of yourself.

I sure as he$$ don't care that I am pink on the inside smile

Hon will do well in Belize cool
Posted By: Catatonic Motivator Re: we are - 04/15/05 03:23 PM
Where'd that buffet table go!? I need more fries and toast...
Posted By: NYgal Re: we are - 04/15/05 04:06 PM
Back to Crazy's smile
Posted By: Hon Re: we are - 04/15/05 06:23 PM
Would that be FRENCH fries and FRENCH toast? As an American don't you find that they taste arrogant and self-centered?

Hon
Posted By: Catatonic Motivator Re: we are - 04/15/05 06:40 PM
Yep. That's two of the reasons I like 'em.

The fries and toast, anyway. The French, as one Frenchman on St. Maarten once told me, don't even like themselves. :p
Posted By: andrewc52002 Re: we are - 04/15/05 08:58 PM
Thank you, Jesse

Another question now. Why are so many Canadian expats ?
I know that Turks&Caicos, and Cayman too, and others, have lots of expats from Canada.
Must be a reason behind this. Maybe taxes ??? lol

Have a nice day
Posted By: PattiCake Re: we are - 04/16/05 12:35 AM
Renski, hold on. As a Canadian, une Quebecoise, (de temps en temps, errante) (inside joke)And Catmo, don't [#%!] me off...,

If you claim to be a Canadian, please don't ever scoff off the people that actually built this country. despite the interferences of the Catholic Church, the French -speaking people of this country have done their damnest to get it going.

When I graduated from the U of M (Montreal) in 1974 as a woman, I was in a grad class of 19 women or so. Many, 2100 men graduated the same year.

I graduated MCL (magna etc, ass) from Loyola University, the first year that male University allowed women to graduate from a Jesuit university.
Posted By: Hon Re: we are - 04/16/05 12:36 AM
Why so many Canadian expats? A four letter word that starts with s would be my guess.

Hon
Posted By: PattiCake Re: we are - 04/16/05 12:38 AM
Forgive me darling, I just had to spiel...
Posted By: Hon Re: we are - 04/16/05 12:57 AM
Vous etes faire grace, mon cher smile
Posted By: PattiCake Re: we are - 04/16/05 01:01 AM
Hey Pedro, pick up on any of that info??? Got something to stand up to that?
Small. that's all all think. It is the way I interpret terrorism. On a small scale yet, someone who is attemping to unearth my rights ..
Posted By: lillew Re: we are - 04/16/05 02:35 AM
alrighty, French Canadian and Canadian? Didn't mean to start a convo in this direction..LOL
Definitely an Ontarian here but doesn't matter to me whatsoever who is french and who is not. I just wanted to Go to a Bar so I would still have the feel of my homeland while away..Yes I am going there and NOTHING is going to side track me...
Posted By: Hon Re: we are - 04/16/05 12:49 PM
Lillew, you've been hijacked! You might as well sit back and enjoy the ride laugh Hope your question has been answered to your satisfaction.

Hon
Posted By: reaper Re: we are - 04/17/05 12:26 AM
Hmmmm.....Let's examine why there are so many Canuck Ex-pats. Snow in July..Mounties always get their man...you can only eat so many Tim-bits..people really hate living in towns named Flin Flon, Moose Jaw,Saskatoon and all those Prince city names..Prince Albert,Rupert,George,etc...and who really likes it in Ded Reer? Taxes are high, socialized medicine is failing and the NHL is melted. The only Tropical weather is at the water park in the West Edmonchuck Mall. Which also remind me there are more subs in the mall than the ocean to protect Canada from all it's enemies... like Quebec! And any place that sells cars with electric cords hanging out of the hood can't be much fun! Hi Papashine..see you soon! REAPER
Posted By: papashine Re: we are - 04/20/05 07:18 PM
CehNehDeh!
Posted By: andrewc52002 Re: we are - 04/20/05 10:13 PM
hi reaper

It means Canada is a failure ?
thanks
Posted By: andrewc52002 Re: we are - 04/20/05 10:16 PM
papashine

I heard once about Kianada ... in an undefined future, Kia sells so many cars in Canada, that the country becomes Kianada.
Posted By: reaper Re: we are - 04/23/05 08:22 PM
Andrew52002.. It seems Canada is a failure in education. Please tell renski how to spell MOLSON,eh! Also what's the latest in the great white north on the national pastime? have Bob and Gary struck a backroom deal or is it the NoHockeyLeague again next season? cool reaper
Posted By: andrewc52002 Re: we are - 04/25/05 01:42 PM
hi reaper,
Molson doesn't matter anymore, is now Coors, the American ... as u might know.
BTW,i drink only Carib, lol.
In toronto we have 3C, that's why I envy u.
NHL ... nobody knows yet.
How's in Belize these days, i heard about alot of violence.
take care
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board