AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: stugatz Maruba Spa - 04/20/05 07:13 PM
Hello all, need some help. What are you'all thoughts on Maruba Spa? I hear great things and ok things.....Are there alot of mossies there?
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: Maruba Spa - 04/20/05 09:13 PM
I think Maruba is a very cool place. The only time I experienced a bug-issue was after a honey-body-scrub ...... I failed to get all the honey off my body, went to lunch and attracted no-see-ums like crazy. My non-honey-encrusted lunch patners did not share the same fate!
Posted By: itsjustme Re: Maruba Spa - 04/20/05 10:24 PM
We spent a week at Maruba a couple of years ago. We really enjoyed being there and the rooms/spa treatments were fantastic.

Only real issue (and it wasn't for us, because we just laughed it off) was the owners "children". I use quotation marks for effect as they are all adults (and very attractive ones at that). They have a penchant for saying anything to anyone and I might think that would offend some people.

Let them roll off your back and have a ball. Happy to answer any other questions you might have.
Posted By: stugatz Re: Maruba Spa - 04/21/05 05:38 PM
Are the "children" men or women?
Also, how's the food?
Posted By: itsjustme Re: Maruba Spa - 04/21/05 05:55 PM
Two girls, one guy.

We really enjoyed the food. Fairly limited as I recall (but its been several years), but what they did, they did very well. Lovely veggies, excellent beef and pork, and always fresh seafood. We played hard all day and were definately hungry by the time dinner time rolled around.

Also, I understand the place is up for sale, but don't know anything about the reasons for that.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board