AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Moon Best beach for wading/swimming on AC - 04/26/05 03:16 AM
Just wondered which beaches are recommended as the best beaches for wading/swimming straight off on AC, regardless of what resort they're attached too. If they're off the beaten path and you need a golf cart, I'd be interested, or if they're connected with a particular resort. I'm just getting so many conlficting stories, after having thought Belizean Shores would be nice, that I don't know where the nicest beaches for just wading and swimming are! Not overly bothered about diving, I might do some snorkelling in shallow water, but basically just a nice beach to take a dip in when it gets too hot, and I'm still checking into when pica pica are at there PIC!!! eek
Here's a thought for you ....

Don't pick a resort for its beach. Pool maybe, but not beach. Then when you want to take a dip, or just wade around, walk the beach. When you see a spot that looks good, just go on in.

I don't believe that you're going to find the type of "beach area" that you may be thinking of that would be typical of an island, on AC. It really won't matter, honest!

I'm not a "pool" person at all, but the pool at Belizean Shores changed my mind. Any cooling off that needed to be done, and quick and easy access to swimming, was done there. I also used the area off their pier.

cool
Posted By: 1BKeeper Re: Best beach for wading/swimming on AC - 04/26/05 05:17 PM
I agree with wannaBEthere, and I am a very picky beach person. I just look at my trips to San Pedro as a different kind of beach trip. I always want to stay where there is a pool for cooling off. Once while visiting on the northern part of AC I stepped into the water to pick up some litter and my foot started sinking into the sand. It happened again while swimming at the end of a dock. When I tried to pick up a shell close to the water's edge, I almost lost a flipflop when my foot got stuck in the sand (way up past my ankle) a little north of the Blue Tang Inn. It may be like that evrywhere. The good part is that the beach doesn't matter. I still sit and watch the water and the waves breaking on the reef and the fish and gigantic rays swimming around the piers.
I don't wade anymore. The snorkeling is great. The guys love to fish. Beach picnics are fun. Boatrides into the lagoon at sunset are lovely.
It is beautiful and the atmosphere is hard to imagine until you have been there. I can hardly wait until time to go to San Pedro again.
The beach doesn't matter.
Posted By: tymish Re: Best beach for wading/swimming on AC - 04/26/05 05:38 PM
Probably Ramon's. You walk from the sandy beach right into the water. The area is cleared of sea grass. I was just there 2 weeks ago.
Posted By: Nolita Re: Best beach for wading/swimming on AC - 04/26/05 06:10 PM
Up near the cut just near the hand-drawn ferry is a cool location. There is a playground and you can go way out to swim ... the only thing is staying alert of the boats that come in ... but you can really swim far from any boats. That part of the beach is clean and nice.
ahhhh .... forgot all about that playground! Gives new meaning to the word "waterslide" - a great photo op too. laugh
Posted By: lakegirl Re: Best beach for wading/swimming on AC - 04/27/05 01:39 AM
We just returned about a month ago from our first trip and I agree with everyone else as to the playground, great beach there as well as in front of Ramones! Honestly thou, the beaches really don't matter as there is a special kind of "magic" on the island that will make you want to go back!! cool
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board