AmbergrisCaye.com Home

"Aqua eyes" snorkel board

Posted By: Moon

"Aqua eyes" snorkel board - 05/02/05 05:25 PM

Has anyone ever seen something that looks like a large swimming float or a small surfboard that you can lie on and look through a window into the ocean, like snorkelling but without having to put a mask and snorkel on?

We used these in Eleuthera and while I've done a search for "aqua eyes" (the name they gave them!) all I'm coming up with are links to contact lenses!!

I'd love to get one of these boards to use in AC if anyone could give me any info about where and what they might otherwise be called.

Thanks!
Posted By: dogmatic prevaricator

Re: "Aqua eyes" snorkel board - 05/02/05 07:32 PM

many names for this product ..try this link for starters

http://snorkelbob.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/lookieboard.htm?E+scstore

Re: "Aqua eyes" snorkel board - 05/02/05 07:53 PM

Thanks for the link, that was a good start.....! If you have any others, I'd love to browse around - just so I can check out some prices...but I don't know what you actually call them!
Posted By: snowconeking

Re: "Aqua eyes" snorkel board - 05/03/05 12:18 AM

While we were staying at Portofino's i noticed that they have some kind of surf board thingy that you are talking about

Re: "Aqua eyes" snorkel board - 05/03/05 01:28 AM

I just need to know what they're called, or a make, or something I can Google so I can see if I can get one. The link a dogMP gave me above was great, but it costs $120!! So I'm still hoping to find something cheaper, and a name for it!!!
Posted By: dbdoberman

Re: "Aqua eyes" snorkel board - 05/03/05 03:35 AM

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for.
My sis bought one of these for my nephew -- Splash Wave Surfer. She bought it at a beach shop, but I found this site:

http://www.makeityours.net/cs2.html

Re: "Aqua eyes" snorkel board - 05/03/05 03:17 PM

Thanks Doberman - its along those lines but I don't think an adult could use the one on this link!! LOL! The one I used before was more like a sturdy styro board with the viewing bit in it - I wish I knew what the general name for these things are! Thx for your help though.
Posted By: Chloe

Re: "Aqua eyes" snorkel board - 05/03/05 03:25 PM

Maybe the name is snorkel board.
Posted By: dbdoberman

Re: "Aqua eyes" snorkel board - 05/04/05 12:48 AM

[Linked Image] ???
Posted By: Chloe

Re: "Aqua eyes" snorkel board - 05/04/05 01:46 AM

Good one Dob, I like it.

Re: "Aqua eyes" snorkel board - 05/04/05 01:56 AM

Coooooooooooooooooooooool, DOB!!! Where can I get THAT???!!! It's not just for kiddies is it?!!

Re: "Aqua eyes" snorkel board - 05/04/05 02:06 AM

Kaye&Scott - The link you gave didn't work, but maybe that was for the best. Nuff said.
Posted By: klcman

Re: "Aqua eyes" snorkel board - 05/04/05 02:08 AM

try it again moon - great home page pic!
Posted By: NYgal

Re: "Aqua eyes" snorkel board - 05/04/05 02:09 AM

That link worked for me Moon and it's a real nice deal.
Adult size and reasonably priced.
Try again smile
Posted By: NYgal

Re: "Aqua eyes" snorkel board - 05/04/05 02:10 AM

laugh

Re: "Aqua eyes" snorkel board - 05/04/05 02:14 AM

Hey Dob, Found the site but not sure if they're still active - thanks for the info though, I'll follow up on that. Still looking for the styro version if anyone has any other links.... Thx! smile
Posted By: hlansford

Re: "Aqua eyes" snorkel board - 05/04/05 04:09 AM

Try scubatoys.com I was there today and saw the items you are talking about. Not sure what they called them but saw they had adult and children's sizes. They were inflatable and had a clear see thru window.

Re: "Aqua eyes" snorkel board - 05/04/05 06:51 AM

rats!

( and I'm not an expert in adult sized inflatables - I specialize in the midgets)
Posted By: Wendy

Re: "Aqua eyes" snorkel board - 05/04/05 07:29 AM

eek confused
Go to bed!

Re: "Aqua eyes" snorkel board - 05/04/05 01:23 PM

I did

Re: "Aqua eyes" snorkel board - 05/04/05 02:49 PM

Kaye&Scott - Thanks - I was able to access the site this AM at work. I think maybe my dial up connection was so slow at home last night that it timed out before I could get to the site.

And sorry for thinking you were playing games with me.... :rolleyes: !

Re: "Aqua eyes" snorkel board - 05/04/05 03:03 PM

Thanks hlansford - I couldn't find them on the site but emailed scubatoys to see if they could help me out! smile

Re: "Aqua eyes" snorkel board - 05/04/05 07:35 PM

Found something better!! Thanks HLansford!!! I emailed scubatoys and they sent me a link to something even better!! Now I have to see what the weight is and how it would pack up for travel...... but I'd better make sure the trip IS ON before I buy it!!

Thanks for sending me that link! laugh

Re: "Aqua eyes" snorkel board - 05/04/05 11:43 PM

let's see it Moon!

Re: "Aqua eyes" snorkel board - 05/05/05 01:22 AM

Here you go KLC...... but as was said before, the girl doesn't go with it!

http://scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=Calypso

Re: "Aqua eyes" snorkel board - 05/05/05 01:26 AM

thx - not my type tho....
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board