AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton Another US fugitive picked up on AC - 05/19/05 01:46 AM
My eight year old daughter was telling her version of the story this morning while driving her to school.

This fellow was my next door neighbour.

Anyone have more details?

SIN
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: Another US fugitive picked up on AC - 05/19/05 01:53 AM
Michael Mildenhall -stayed at pedro's for six weeks before being kicked out a couple of months ago-he is wanted for attempted murder in Florida-funnily enough I actually contacted the U.S. embassy and the local police about him-the embassy could not have cared less -the police took it a little further
Posted By: sandb Re: Another US fugitive picked up on AC - 05/19/05 01:56 AM
Deleted as it was an inappropriate comment by me.
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: Another US fugitive picked up on AC - 05/19/05 02:04 AM
Sandb-another moron hits the posting box
Posted By: klcman Re: Another US fugitive picked up on AC - 05/19/05 02:47 AM
P1 -

Just curious (seriously) - on what basis did you contact the Embassy? What happened to make you feel the need to do that?

Not being coy, just curious.
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: Another US fugitive picked up on AC - 05/19/05 05:25 AM
sandb, your comment to pedro was rather rude for the message board. Pedros is very very nice, I recommend it to several people and Peter is exceptional at his property.
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: Another US fugitive picked up on AC - 05/19/05 05:28 AM
He was a nutcase and had given me his debit card and passport -he then demanded them back-the deal was that I would get paid before I relinquished the card and passport-he tried to circumvent this by calling the police etc. -obv. this was not a successfull op. on his part-either I should have known that he was a possible person guilty of manslaughter-of course I should have known this as he paid for a few days in my hostel
Posted By: klcman Re: Another US fugitive picked up on AC - 05/19/05 05:53 AM
He's a scary looking monster!
No, this guys name was Paul and I now hear he was picked up in Cayo but was living on the island for a while. He was staying next to us in Escalante.

He was the dude with the strange hair, like Austin Powers (de ne ne na).

I once told him the 60s called and they asked for their hair back.

SIN
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: Another US fugitive picked up on AC - 05/19/05 03:50 PM
Did I miss the posts about the other creep that was picked up - or is it a secret? You know, the guy everybody called Helmut Head and Conway Twitty?

We are waiting to find out if the hairdo was real or not. Perhaps a part of an elaborate disguise?

An excerpt from Channel 5 Belize News a few days ago:

"Two U.S. felons to be extradited
Two U.S. citizens are behind bars tonight awaiting extradition to their homeland. Forty-nine year old Michael Mendenhall was arrested in San Pedro on April twenty-ninth on charges of using indecent words and obtaining property by deception following an altercation with the manager of a shop in that island town. Subsequent investigations by the Belize Police Department with INTERPOL revealed that Mendenhall was wanted by cops in Florida for violation of parole as well as several sexual offences.

The same fate befell forty-year-old Paul Lenney, who was arrested on La Isla Bonita on April twenty-ninth for burglary after he allegedly duplicated a key to a liquor store and was regularly using it to stock up on booze and smokes. While that charge was eventually dropped, the same INTERPOL inquiry that snagged Mendenhall also implicated Lenney, who is wanted in Texas for attempted murder and violation of parole. The two men are cooling their heels in Hattieville while Uncle Sam and Belmopan complete the paperwork. It is not known whether the pair will have to go through the sometimes-lengthy formal extradition process or will simply be expelled quickly as undesirable aliens. "
Posted By: Gela Re: Another US fugitive picked up on AC - 05/19/05 04:24 PM
Darn, I arrived on AC a week later and missed ALL the fun!

But seriously, I have a deeper understanding (and empathy) on how life is on AC for those of you who live there.
Posted By: SimonB Re: Another US fugitive picked up on AC - 05/19/05 05:07 PM
Watch the hair jokes, that's what set him off last time!
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: Another US fugitive picked up on AC - 05/19/05 05:25 PM
He got a free bowl of soup with that hair!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board