AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Hi All!
One month until my best friend and I hit your beaches and I am curious to know what the "protocol" is for sunbathing... Topless or not topless? While in Punta Cana, DR 75% of the women go topless, but I am hoping to get a feel for the opinions of the locals! eek
AC is not the place for that. Keep your top on. The women of Belize are very private and modest. Respect the people and the culture and leave it on.
hey JohnInDenver - wanna handle this one? laugh laugh laugh wink
All you ever wanted to know and more...

//ambergriscaye.com/message/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=009703#000000
I usually go topless and no one's ever seemed to have a problem with it. I understand klcman does the same thing. k? Any problems with that?
I love it when men go topless, as long as they don't have man boobs.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Topless or Not Topless? That is the question! - 05/26/05 05:40 PM
or hairy backs
hey Kman-- i think tops are like convertables, some owners like em up----some like em down----but you don't see NO STINKIN' CONVERTABLES ON SAN PEDRO!!!! HA HA john in denver
Send me your picture and I will inform you on if you should go topless or not. Don't worry I am a professional so you can send me topless photos.
Originally posted by tomoonchild:
Hi All!
One month until my best friend and I hit your beaches and I am curious to know what the "protocol" is for sunbathing... Topless or not topless? While in Punta Cana, DR 75% of the women go topless, but
I am hoping to get a feel
for the opinions of the locals! eek
just couldn't resist..sorry eh
Shaking my head, laughing over here. You men are so bad, but you are good at it!
I'll be right besdie ya DP!~

Zeke - please post sample pic, then we could all have a vote!

convertible taxis...now theres a thought!
This thread leaves a lot to the imagination and the answers are bottomless!
...thanks for reminding me, its time to inspect the Crown Royal Bags...its summertime!!!! eek
Originally posted by Fluffy:
The women of Belize are very private and modest.
LOL!
Yesterday, on the dock in front of Paradise Villas, a woman was sunbathing topless. All the men gathered at Wet Willy's with binoculars. But that was small potatoes (so to speak) compared to the woman who had what I would think was a thong, on backwards. Now there was a wax job!
We talk about 'indecent exposure.' What is 'decent exposure?'

I laugh every August when the Italians hit town. You can recognize them by the thongs.

You know the saying "All his taste is in his mouth."

Topless or not is not so much a matter of law or decency but taste. When I was in my thirties I was a knockout in my little red bikini. Not now! There is a time and place for everything.
wink
why don't I ever witness these things when I visit AC? frown

are you saying the lady who was topless had small taters, Harriet? wink
"new reds"
Chipwagon ladies have the big taters!
don't tell Denny
Fitness Instructors have Tater Tots...but I won't tell Denny either eek

Hon
WHAT am I not telling Denny, KLC!!! It's a FRENCH fry thing. We NEED big potatoes (oops, just had an Al Gore flash)

I also have SWEET potatoes. AND turnips, but that sounds awful unless you're into melons.
P.S. These turnips come pre-waxed.
new reds.....sunburnt?
oh i forgot, DB doesnt cook hahahaha
....."I laugh every August when the Italians hit town. You can recognize them by the thongs.".....

The Italian thongs of August, and I bet those are the men.
And to think we were concerned about hurricanes eek

Have a SAFE and happy holiday to all today cool
Oooh, klc and dobe know, I LOVE thongs on men, especially lime green.....
As someone who has actually done this and had the very WORST happen, I felt I should pop in with my experience.

I sunbathed topless regularly at Ramon's, one of the busiest beaches in San Pedro with locals and tourists alike. Sure, there's initial unwanted attention and then everyone ignores it. On my last day there, a waiter asked that I "cover up" as it was bothering a nearby family. I put the top back on and went about my day.

The only way I would have deemed my behavior as "inappropriate" or "offensive" would be if I had refused to put my top back on.

That's the very worst that can happen, as far as I know. If it would shame you to be confronted with it by a red-faced waiter, don't do it. Otherwise, shine on you crazy diamond!
I hope you gave the waiter a five dollar tip, as he had to go above and beyond his duties.
You may think it was ignored but it's more likely that you were looked down upon with disdain by the locals and they were too polite to come and say something to you. This is not something that is accepted by locals here, most of my friends find people walking down the main street in skimpy bikinis to be offensive. When the lights go down this is a very liberal town but not during the day when the kids are out. Keep your top on.
Philanthropist are we then Playabees?

Look it up in a dictionary and then please go back to your cave and stay there until you've taken it on board and understood why people might see you as so offensive.

Learn some respect and you might earn some too.
Not to start anything but I am new to this forum and I am planning a trip later this year. I was wondering? Would the locals find it more offensive to see a topless woman at a hotel sitting in a lawn chair, or would they find it more offensive to have a bunch of drunk Americans driving around in golf carts on there island all times of the day and night? Personally I would rather have my kid see a topless woman than see a cart load of drunk tourists. I say this because I lived on a small island off the coast of Maine for a few years and I found seeing the occasional topless woman far less offensive than a bunch of drunks thinking that because they were there on vacation that they somehow owned it and could act anyway they pleased.
Very good point!!! I agree...and so do the locals.
The drunk Americans on golf carts and topless women opinions have been beaten to death here.

Maybe I haven't been in the "right place at the right time". In several trips to San Pedro, I would never be able to stand there and point out a golf cart of "drunk Americans." Buzzed, happy, mellow is more like what I have seen. No problem. There are always exceptions, but seems to me that is status quo.

It is overly obvious that you don't see local women going topless. When in Rome. If it is cool with the local custom, go for it - if not, probably a bad choice. French Polynesia, Jamaica would be better.
I always thought those were drunk CANADIANS on the golf carts...AND, let's outlaw the hairy fat men in speedos. laugh cool
"Maybe I haven't been in the "right place at the right time". In several trips to San Pedro, I would never be able to stand there and point out a golf cart of "drunk Americans.""

Actually, it's true you don't see it often but when you do it's usually because Mom and Dad rented their obnoxious kids a golf cart and let them go at it.

Jesse, you can't tell a Canadian drunk driver, we take courses in school in Grade 6 on how to effectively drive with a smoke in one hand and a beer in the other.
lol, eh.
In Canada the ministry of transport decided to conduct an experiment involving the installation of cockpit voice recorders in cars. The object of the experiment was to gain some insight into what may cause a major car crash by hearing the last conversations in the cars before the accidents happened. When they tabulated the results it turned out that in 90% of the cases the last words were OH F..K!, but they were a little concerned with the province of Saskatchewan as the typical last words were :here hold my beer and watch this"
Even I am sick of this conversation at this point! I will be the woman in the black bikini, straps off, top on, if for no other reason than I wouldn't want the size, shape and color of my perfect/less-than-perfect breasts (depending on the posting authority) relived on this website for the next 20 years!

I can just see it now... remember that girl with the perfect breasts... no they weren't perfect, they were too big... no too small... no too tan... no, not tan enough!
What if nobody noticed?
SOP for the board, any topic of interest is rapidly hijacked for the pleasure of a few.

P.S. I did like the Saskatchewan joke though.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Topless or Not Topless? That is the question! - 06/17/05 06:58 PM
I must say, those Canadians do recognize the value of beer:

A Canadian is walking down the street with a case of beer under his arm. His friend Doug stops him and asks, "Hey Bob! Whacha get the case of beer for?"

"I got it for my wife, eh." answers Bob.

"Oh!" exclaims Doug, "Good trade."
ok Kman here goes and i know i am going to get my self in trouble... but i have a bit of a problem when people on the board talk about modesty and then i spend the entire trip from belize city to the cayes with a mother nursining her 3 year old the ENTIRE WAY facing the back of the boat as she sits in the bow!!! with her full breast exposed!! now excuse me, but no one sucks that long and if they do most mothers would and should cover up. this is not the first time i have seen the "natural process" here on the cayes and it is often so blatant,,, so my question is why is some discretion not used when this is occurring if the locals are so uptight about showing bare breasts....i know the response but discretion should still be foremost donch think ??huh?? john in denver
john in denver-it was probably happy hour...... wink
Hey quit picking on the Canadians...WE were not drunk!!!! LOL LOL LOL we were just driving like the quebecians...FOCL
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board