AmbergrisCaye.com Home

8 days till lobster season opens

Posted By: captjeff

8 days till lobster season opens - 06/07/05 02:58 PM

Well my fellow board members it is 8 days till we can eat lobster again in sanpedro as the season opens up on the 15 of june ... all I can say is yum ,yum ,yum bring them on ...I like them big and baked and stuffed with shrimp and crab ,marie my buddy and gourmet chef /owner at stained glass pub prepares this dish for me..just delicious ,see my picture of me and bicho jr and my 3lb plus .lobster dinner .. talk about living the dream ... what about your diet!! jeff ..to this I say , screw you jenny craig,forget about it.. whats your favorite way of cooking them ?????????????

me bicho jr and dinner
[Linked Image]
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: 8 days till lobster season opens - 06/07/05 03:10 PM

right out of the shell, with a bit of garlic butter... but I want to try your recipe!
Posted By: papashine

Re: 8 days till lobster season opens - 06/07/05 03:15 PM

Thats a big bug!

Re: 8 days till lobster season opens - 06/07/05 03:17 PM

travelqueen ,love them also that way .so many ways to eat them I think the maine lobster is sweeter ,but lobster any way is great...
Posted By: reaper

Re: 8 days till lobster season opens - 06/07/05 03:26 PM

What dept. is the t-shirt from? cool

Re: 8 days till lobster season opens - 06/07/05 03:38 PM

reaper ,monroe,township vol. fire dept nj ..I am a life member 30 years of service ,now just a once a month , gringo sanpedro fisherman .no more fires ,except on the bbq grill..

Re: 8 days till lobster season opens - 06/07/05 05:12 PM

Papashine, my belizean mentor.. yes a nice one , I downed that puppy like it was the last supper...just great meal and yes I did have leftovers... next day stuffed lobster and fried jack lunch... a tidy ticket in paradise ....
Posted By: DJH

Re: 8 days till lobster season opens - 06/07/05 05:16 PM

captjeff
Can you tell me how you add a picture to a message?
Thank you
Denise
Posted By: Gela

Re: 8 days till lobster season opens - 06/07/05 05:46 PM

CJ - my mouth is just watering! I must return to Belize during Lobsta season! laugh
Posted By: cambriagal

Re: 8 days till lobster season opens - 06/07/05 05:50 PM

Hey Capt Jeff how about a lobster fest at the condos. I'll be there the 23rd my friends will be there the 20th.

Re: 8 days till lobster season opens - 06/07/05 06:22 PM

Magoo I just walk over to my internet dept and tell them to do it for me . beats me ,the fact I am computer challenged ..duh,duh, ..

Lobster fest at captains jeff condo sounds like a plan ,but do not know when I am down next ????trying for july???

Gela next trip make it in lobster season ...only one of a hundred reasons to return to sanpedro......

Re: 8 days till lobster season opens - 06/07/05 06:30 PM

Oh too bad, we will have to have it without you, sorry.

Re: 8 days till lobster season opens - 06/07/05 11:44 PM

And I am serious. Although I've been a board member for quite a while my friend and I have never met any other board members. Her husband loves to barbeque; anyone out there on Friday June 24 that would like to get together, BYOB&L
at the Royal Palms around the pool.
Posted By: reaper

Re: 8 days till lobster season opens - 06/08/05 12:31 AM

captjeff...your lobster photo is troubling! Because I wasn't there for dinner!!! LA area 26 years, ladder truck currently. I'll bring a shirt to trade you for a bite of cockroach of the sea! Now quit "bugg'n" us with such fish'n stories...we're ALL getting hungry!! laugh cool
Posted By: Teenah

Re: 8 days till lobster season opens - 06/08/05 05:16 AM

Captain Jeff...let me know what time dinner starts. Might be worth a special trip down for lobster season!

Re: 8 days till lobster season opens - 06/08/05 01:33 PM

Reaper, my brother you got deal for sure!!!! one shirt= all you can eat lobster for two with all the side dishes ,and all you can drink.till you pass out or blow up..just no jumping out of a perfectly good aircraft for me we will down ths feast on the ground..

Re: 8 days till lobster season opens - 06/08/05 01:35 PM

Teenah just give me a day to ,get ready and you got a invite to the captains table..here is to living the dream ,every day as long as we can ...
Posted By: Barstools & Dreamers

Re: 8 days till lobster season opens - 06/08/05 04:00 PM

Good morning Capt. Jeffro! We will be making our San Pedro debut June 18th. We are all flabergasted and can't wait to get to the puddle jumper. Looks like we shouldn't leave without trying some Lobster. We'd love to hear your advice on where to eat some or how to cook it. We will be at Banyan Bay. What is one of fav. recipe's.
Posted By: Wyoming Carla

Re: 8 days till lobster season opens - 06/08/05 04:11 PM

hey cappy....can I come too? I am JONEZIN so bad for SP....maybe I'll have a bake sale... laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: USNA73

Re: 8 days till lobster season opens - 06/08/05 04:33 PM

Lobster burritos! Can't wait.

Re: 8 days till lobster season opens - 06/08/05 07:55 PM

carla grab your socks ,and do it there is no time like this time .until next time,your cappy ..

Re: 8 days till lobster season opens - 06/08/05 08:09 PM

well they do have a lobster burritos here and like usna73 said ,and i did enjoy one at bayan bay for lunch and was good... but I do not like dinners there just had very bad experience there last time . but some times I and take my own fresh lobster to stainglass pub , you see when I go fishing the capt is a nice guy and son dives in for me I give him a handsome $$reward for this service then a win win , and then I take the live lobsters to marie chef/ owner of pub to stuff with crab and shrimp and bake or grilled with butter and garlic or she makes them with thick thermidor sauce just great ... but lobster is almost always on the menu and is served all over town try elvies ,carumba ,pappi's calientes just to name a few.. .try it with rice and beans , potato salad , soft home made tortillas a sanpedro staple .. this meal is close to haven as I am going to get.. go pig out, live the dream and enjoy ...
Posted By: Barstools & Dreamers

Re: 8 days till lobster season opens - 06/08/05 08:34 PM

What did you order? Can you tell us about the experience? Would it be ok for us to take a lobster to get stuffed and cooked somewhere. If not that's fine. We are just looking for any kind of inside scoop from a local like yourself who knows the ropes. Do you have any other suggestions for some hillbillies from Tennessee. Let's get together for maybe a drink or two

Re: 8 days till lobster season opens - 06/08/05 09:15 PM

barstool and dreamers,first i am not a local .I am a lucky gringo who loves the place and goes about once a month . I know what I like ,and know whats hot and I think not???..just my opinion ..you realy can not go wrong in sanpedro.my only bad experience was with a manager at bayan bay he was a jerk ,as I had a problem with the ribs on the bbq tues they where all fatty and tough not edible he told me they looked ok to him and I was wrong .well the worst thing you can do is tell me about good food and about good about ribs as i was a silent partner in some of the best steak and rib places in nyc.we say in the real world you can not fix stupid. he was one jerk of a person no brains . any way thats over and there are great plces to eat in sanpedro so it is there loss. and yes lobster you can buy fresh,and it is at fair prices compared to states ..but why go thru all the work.. just order from menu or go to stainglass pub and tell marie to have them ready for you.tell her the you will night come in. tell her in advance what time you will show up. and how you want them and the amout of people with you ?? ..all places in town treat there customers like family ..this is a great place if your cool they are cool any questions about town stop in to coconet internet cafe,in town ask for steve he will set your on the right path ,regarding food ,tours ,fishing etc..a nice guy and good buddy of mine and knows a lot will help you have a ball ....
Posted By: Texan34

Re: 8 days till lobster season opens - 06/14/05 12:52 AM

Capt., When is lobster fest and can you tell me anything about it?
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: 8 days till lobster season opens - 06/14/05 04:17 AM

Texan34, Lobsterfest is 7/1, 2 & 3 but the big day is Sat., 7/2.

"Lobsterfest - The Lobsterfest is held annually, usually the last weekend in June, or the first
weekend in July. The first Lobsterfest was held about eleven years ago, when a
group of fishermen decided it was time to honor the fishermen and the livelihood of
the island. The festival has grown in size and numbers yearly, with this year's
festival (apart from the usual Lobster fare for sale), hosted a canoe race around the
island, as well as merry-making day and night time festivities.
Picture an all day beach bash with good music, excellent lobster (and other seafood)
dishes, and drinks of all flavors and there you have a mental picture of the Caye
Caulker Lobsterfest."
Posted By: Windjammer

Re: 8 days till lobster season opens - 06/14/05 04:21 AM

I'll be there!!! laugh Yuuuummyyyy
Posted By: Texan34

Re: 8 days till lobster season opens - 06/14/05 01:40 PM

Sounds like fun! We come in on 7/2 so We will try to make over. Thanks.
Steve
Posted By: NYgal

Re: 8 days till lobster season opens - 06/14/05 01:42 PM

Tomorrow Tomorrow.....The season is OPEN smile

Re: 8 days till lobster season opens - 06/14/05 01:50 PM

Is that a song????Tomorrow,Tomorrow I will love you ,Tomorrow your just a day a way..yes the lobster song ..

Re: 8 days till lobster season opens - 06/14/05 01:53 PM

You were reading my mind but I didn't want Jesse to know, shhhhhhh

He feels I'm not real frown
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: 8 days till lobster season opens - 06/14/05 02:02 PM

UNREAL...

Re: 8 days till lobster season opens - 06/14/05 02:05 PM

got another P1, yikes :p smile
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board