AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Banana Beach/Cap'n Ron's

Posted By: Korey

Banana Beach/Cap'n Ron's - 06/23/05 03:49 AM

I'm trying to find a good place to stay over New Year's. Can anyone tell me about Banana Beach or Cap'n Ron's? I need advice...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Banana Beach/Cap'n Ron's - 06/23/05 03:55 AM

a search above using the name of either place will get you lots of info - everybody likes somewhere! We were very very happy at Banana Beach - large rooms, great rates, tasty breakfast each morning included in the price, 2 pools and excellent staff. That said, you could find someone to make similar comments about almost any hotel on the island. For more specific info you need to specifiy what you're looking for, price range, room size preference, etc.
Posted By: Windjammer

Re: Banana Beach/Cap'n Ron's - 06/23/05 04:07 AM

Well spoken. Depends on where you want to be on the Island & how close to the action or quiet. It's all good and there is no "bad". Want to walk, bike, golf cart, taxi, water taxi??? Banana Beach is nice, no nothing about Cap'n Rons.

Re: Banana Beach/Cap'n Ron's - 06/23/05 04:22 AM

Thanks for your help. I just can't find any good photos of Cap'n Ron's, so I'm a little concerned. Same with Banana Beach...

Price doesn't really matter. We just want somewhere easy with no stress where we can lay by the beach, but each do our own thing and not have to worry about getting around

Banana Beach is the only place with four bedrooms, so that is why we're looking. Does Cap'n Ron's have more privacy? Has anyone stayed at ron's?

Also, someone recommended some condos three miles south of town? What do you think?
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: Banana Beach/Cap'n Ron's - 06/23/05 04:23 AM

Cap'n Rons is a villa at Paradise Villas. Generally a nice place but older and all individually owned so they vary quite a bit from one another. Great location close to town.

BB is one of the best places on the island.

Re: Banana Beach/Cap'n Ron's - 06/23/05 04:25 AM

I'm confused about Cap'n Ron's. It's a part of Paradise Villas? It has its own link on the ambergriscaye.com site.

Also, you would REALLY recommend Banana Beach? It is nice? Like Grand Colony nice?

Re: Banana Beach/Cap'n Ron's - 06/23/05 04:30 AM

tangerines and oranges - again, depends on what you want. BB was perfect for us - but it's not the Hilton. If you're looking for upscale Americanized type lodging BB's probably not what you're looking for.
Posted By: Windjammer

Re: Banana Beach/Cap'n Ron's - 06/23/05 04:56 AM

If you are looking for upscale Americanized Hilton type, San Pedro is not the place IMHO. There are 5* resorts but they are not the Hilton.
Posted By: Islenutt

Re: Banana Beach/Cap'n Ron's - 06/23/05 06:00 AM

I would REALLY recommend Banana Beach. No doubt at all. I've stayed there several times and have never been disappointed. The staff is always helpful and friendly. No matter if you are a family, couple or single, they will make you feel welcome and comfortable.
smile
Posted By: armandogonzalez

Re: Banana Beach/Cap'n Ron's - 06/23/05 02:15 PM

good place to stay www.caye management.com
Posted By: papashine

Re: Banana Beach/Cap'n Ron's - 06/23/05 02:29 PM

Good link Armando! cool

Re: Banana Beach/Cap'n Ron's - 06/23/05 03:55 PM

Thanks for all your help. Caye Management is all booked. Trust me, I've tried.

So, final question...Banana Beach or Paradise Villas? Where would you stay??

Re: Banana Beach/Cap'n Ron's - 06/23/05 03:56 PM

or Belize Yacht Club???
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: Banana Beach/Cap'n Ron's - 06/23/05 06:19 PM

Banana Beach
Posted By: o jackie

Re: Banana Beach/Cap'n Ron's - 06/23/05 06:20 PM

Banana Beach
Posted By: RI Beth

Re: Banana Beach/Cap'n Ron's - 06/23/05 06:23 PM

Banana Beach

Re: Banana Beach/Cap'n Ron's - 06/23/05 07:39 PM

Banana Beach (yes, I realize I already sorta voted wink )

Re: Banana Beach/Cap'n Ron's - 06/23/05 07:41 PM

Thank you everyone. We are making our reservations.
Best,
Korey
Posted By: klcman

Re: Banana Beach/Cap'n Ron's - 06/24/05 01:18 AM

did anyone say BB? laugh
Posted By: Aimi

Re: Banana Beach/Cap'n Ron's - 06/24/05 02:30 AM

We are coming to AC soon nay comments on Royal Palms?
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Banana Beach/Cap'n Ron's - 06/24/05 02:38 AM

Comfortable condos, beautiful big pool. Good beach bar next door.
Posted By: Aimi

Re: Banana Beach/Cap'n Ron's - 06/24/05 02:54 AM

Cap'n Jesse, are you on AC right now? I read some of the other boards and it almost sounds like you live there. Thanks for info on RP...we are staying there. Any places we don't want to miss? We are only there for a week. I have looked at everything I can find on AC but nothing beats someone's recommendations. Is myself, hubby and daughter (18) in a month. We don't dive but we love the water, the wildlife and adventure...can snorkle too but one of us is a little inexperienced shocked
Posted By: jfabes

Re: Banana Beach/Cap'n Ron's - 06/25/05 02:49 AM

korey I liked banana beach. nice rooms, ac kept it nice and freezing inside to room to escape the humidity. Free breakfast in the morning was always delicious and the staff was friendly for the most part. What I didnt like was that it was a ways away from town. The walk wasnt all that bad but mixed in with the humidity, I was soaked with sweat by the time I got to town.

If you would like to see pictures of banana beach I took while I was there just go here -----> www.otaddict.com/belize
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board