AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Get Off!

Posted By: SimonB

Get Off! - 08/12/05 03:39 AM

If you're coming down in the next few weeks I suggest bringing your own insect repellant. Most stores that I went to today were sold out due to the number of mosquitoes over the last week or so.

The town spraying is helping but best to bring your own as supply is down right now.
Posted By: weile

Re: Get Off! - 08/12/05 04:43 AM

The barges are bringing in supplies right now, and most stores should have off! on their shelves tomorrow, Friday.
... and deed has been proven to have no side effects whatsoever unless you're allergic. In other words as safe as peanuts, but it doesn't make you fat and is a helluva lot more efficicient against dengue and malaria.
Posted By: Or

Re: Get Off! - 08/12/05 05:24 AM

There is really good stuff you can get in Whole Foods or other health food store in the U.S "All Terrain Company" Herbal Armor Lotion. i have talked to the island supermarket and they may try to carry it. But for now bring it with if you can. Also on San Pedro at Hopes Pharmacy (middle st. almost across BTL they carry something called Cactus juice i find that stuff to works too, great for kids.
Posted By: Kra-Z-K

Re: Get Off! - 08/12/05 06:45 AM

IF ANYONE FROM THE STATES IS COMING AND GOING TO THE STORE FOR OFF(I RECOMMEND THE NON-SCENTED SPRAY OR LOTION WHILE ON VACATION!) IF YOU BRING AN EXTRA BOTTLE I WILL GLADLY BUY IT FROM YOU AND BUY YOU A BELIKEN OR TWO...

EVEN BETTER, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY AFTER BITE? IF YOU BUY THAT I GUESS I OWE YOU YET ANOTHER BELIKEN, WOULD LOVE TO FIND AFTER INSECT BITE STUFF.
Posted By: diane&greg

Re: Get Off! - 08/12/05 01:46 PM

We arrive on the 25th. I would be happy to bring some extra bottles of OFF, or whatever, for whoever needs it.
Posted By: Gwennan

Re: Get Off! - 08/13/05 01:11 AM

KE -

Re: Get Off! - 08/13/05 01:12 AM

OOPS - I pressed the wrong button there! ke I am getting ready to send out a package to my friends in SP, I'll be happy to send you bug spray... just send me a pm for details... smile
Posted By: Valentina

Re: Get Off! - 08/13/05 07:04 PM

OMG! Tell me about it! I came back with 32 bites all over me, that have now left scars! And that was with TWO different kinds of spray stuff, including 32% straight DEET!!!
Posted By: Valentina

Re: Get Off! - 08/13/05 07:06 PM

Oh, I do know a little trick I taught myself: AFTER you have been bitten (when it is too late! lol) I use OXY-10 cream (for pimples) on the bites, it not only stops the itching, they go down about 50% overnight!!!! Just thought I would share that with everyone.

Re: Get Off! - 08/14/05 01:28 AM

hey there, thanks for that offer, but I do not think you can send that in a package. I believeit is not allowed cause I remember when I was in the states that was on the list. I REALLY want to thank you for your offer, it is very kind.

Re: Get Off! - 08/14/05 02:58 PM

Bummer, I did not think of that. You are more than welcome in any case, pm me if you need anything else, as I send pkgs there regularly.

Re: Get Off! - 08/15/05 12:36 AM

Gwennan, you are so kind to offer that. I greatly appreciate it. Thank you,

Re: Get Off! - 08/15/05 01:53 AM

you're welcome. smile
Posted By: HereKittyKitty

Re: Get Off! - 08/15/05 05:58 AM

Thanks for the heads up on the OFF! I am terribly allergic to mosquitoes and am going to load up on OFF! before I come down there. I hope the spraying will help to kill some of them off before I get down there (August 17th). Boy am I excited!!! It'll be my first time in Belize and can't wait!!
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board