AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Blue Tang Inn

Posted By: TXWOMAN

Blue Tang Inn - 09/17/05 12:25 AM

We are planning our honeymoon in AC in Nov. I just started looking for places. This will be our first trip to Belize. Any comments on Blue Tang Inn? We are looking for a place with a view of the beach, Air conditioning, clean, and close to town.
Posted By: Ruuster

Re: Blue Tang Inn - 09/17/05 03:10 AM

Hi TX,

My wife and I stayed at Blue Tang Inn in May. We loved it. We won a stay there as a grand prize. The room we stayed in was on the third floor in the middle and was quite big (room 12 - ocean view). The rooms have nice kitchen areas which can come in handy even though we did very little cooking. Our A/C had a little trouble keeping up with the mid 90's heat, but it's one of the biggest rooms. Others' said their rooms were plenty cool. The rooms weren't extravegant but comfortable and clean.

The groundskeepers were always busy and the grounds were quaint and beautiful. The pool is small, but the area was very private and was wonderful. A great meeting place for the quests and a must for cooling off. We met everyone whose stay overlaped ours and shared many activities with them.

Carol and Fannie in the office were very nice and helpful. The housekeepers provided continental breakfast in the morning before starting room cleaning. The fresh squeezed orange juice and the fruit was great, the rest was nothing special, so don't fill up when there are very good breakfast spot right down the beach.

I don't know what your expectations are, but noone we were around was disappointed. They all seem very pleased too.

The heart of town is just a short walk (a few blocks.)

Hope this helps.

Stan

Re: Blue Tang Inn - 09/17/05 03:21 AM

Thanks! We are fairly simple people just looking for a nice place to stay where we can find a cold beer, friendly people and a beautiful beach. Not interested in paying big $$ for a fancy resort that keeps you away from locals.
Posted By: seashell

Re: Blue Tang Inn - 09/17/05 03:36 AM

I think the Blue Tang is a great place, especially the front units on the third floor. That said, the "beautiful beach" aspect may not be what you have in mind.
Posted By: JeanH

Re: Blue Tang Inn - 09/17/05 03:42 AM

We stayed at the Blue Tang a couple years ago during our first trip to Belize. We had no complaints. That said, since then, we have discovered that we can get a one bedroom condo at The Palms or Belizean Reef for about the same money.
Posted By: tweedybear

Re: Blue Tang Inn - 09/20/05 11:16 PM

Originally posted by TXWOMAN:
Thanks! We are fairly simple people just looking for a nice place to stay where we can find a cold beer, friendly people and a beautiful beach. Not interested in paying big $$ for a fancy resort that keeps you away from locals.
You might check with Coral Villas - Studio's are $99. right on the beach. Bikes & kayaks are provided. We're staying there in Nov. Has a well equipped kitchen although I don't plan to cook that much. Will be engrossed with scuba lessons.
Posted By: marge

Re: Blue Tang Inn - 09/21/05 01:03 AM

From what I understand, there is NO beautiful beaches like in Cancun. It's full of sea grass.
Posted By: spl

Re: Blue Tang Inn - 09/21/05 02:54 AM

of course there are! that's rediculous! Go north of the cut, the beaches are beautiful or if you want to walk south Victoria house's beach is gorgeous.
Posted By: taagbu

Re: Blue Tang Inn - 09/21/05 04:56 AM

My husband and I stayed at Blue Tang last year. It is a nice place and the staff are wonderful, however, the beach is not very pretty. We prefer to stay north of the cut. Not as convenient, but more peaceful and beautiful.

Re: Blue Tang Inn - 09/22/05 04:05 AM

I understand that the beaches aren't like the most beautiful in the world. I'll take calmer beaches with out all the glitz of Cancun.

I definately don't plan to cook while there. But we do need a fridge to keep our beer cold!
Posted By: 1BKeeper

Re: Blue Tang Inn - 09/22/05 04:54 AM

We were very happy at the Blue Tang. Suite 15 was wonderful. It was exactly what I wanted...tropical and not so new/modern looking. I can't think of anything I didn't like about it. When we arrived I was totally disappointed with the beach but by morning, I was talking about my next trip there! The noise from Wet Willie's on the pier was very faint. I only noticed it when someone mentioned that it was ladies' night. The staff was most helpful before and during our stay. The other 4 couples were just as happy as we were, and when we returned the next year we couldn't book 5 suites there so we stayed next door at Paradise Villas (Nellie's). We were happy there, too. We are all middle aged and like staying close to town. Everything we need is a short walk away. Since Blue Tang and Paradise Villas don't have restaurants or bars, they were quiet and the grounds and pool were only used by the people staying there. I am eager to get back to San Pedro....in 5 months!
If you choose Blue Tang, try to get suite 15, 12, 10, 5, or 9. Enjoy!
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board