AmbergrisCaye.com Home

xanadu booked...next best thing?

Posted By: thnkart

xanadu booked...next best thing? - 09/21/05 12:58 AM

Well....I agonized over a decision of where to stay on ambergris in MAY!!!, finally decided on Xanadu...called to book and found out the whole resort is booked for a WEDDING!!!!!!! OH NO!!! Any suggestions on what would be the next best thing? I loved the palapas and palms and shady spots at Xanadu. I've been looking at the Blue Tang Inn. *pout* This STINKS!!!!
Posted By: Gela

Re: xanadu booked...next best thing? - 09/21/05 01:22 AM

I am told that the Palms is comparable. I too like Xanadu. I managed to squeeze in there in August around a wedding party. They are very popular at Xanadu. Have you considered changing your dates?
Posted By: rockfish

Re: xanadu booked...next best thing? - 09/21/05 02:40 PM

If it's palms and shade your looking for I think you would enjoy Blue Tang. The area around the pool has almost a jungle feel. If you enjoy a view I'd try to get a room on the third floor. The lower floors view is blocked by the palms. Great staff and location, close to everything.
Posted By: thnkart

Re: xanadu booked...next best thing? - 09/22/05 12:30 AM

has anyone had trouble with noise at blue tang with the activities pier and wet willies being so close?
Posted By: Scott

Re: xanadu booked...next best thing? - 09/22/05 12:42 AM

thnkart... Quit agonizing and stay at The Palms. Lovely apartments close to town yet amazingly quiet and secluded feeling...
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board