AmbergrisCaye.com Home

BC's BBQ

Posted By: Valentine

BC's BBQ - 09/23/05 06:00 PM

What night of the week is it and how much $ ?
Thanks!
Posted By: Gela

Re: BC's BBQ - 09/23/05 06:16 PM

BC's BBQ is on Sunday afternoons starting at about 11:00AM. Food can run out after a few hours. Best to secure your bar stool early laugh

Chicken is cheap - seafood combo pricey - Over $20 as I recall.
Posted By: SimonB

Re: BC's BBQ - 09/23/05 07:42 PM

At this time of year the wait is usually 15-20 minutes. In high season count on at least an hour. But, you come to socialize as much as eat so and hour will fly by. Call in your order in advance if you don't want to sit and wait.
Posted By: Otteralum

Re: BC's BBQ - 09/23/05 08:23 PM

I showed up at 11:00 last Sunday and the first food came off the grill at 11:30 -- get the combo plate -- absolutely awesome!
Posted By: SeaDreams

Re: BC's BBQ - 09/23/05 08:53 PM

My ignorance is showing... what's BC's BBQ? A restaurant event? I'm a seafood fanatic, so whatever the combo plate is, it's sounding very intriguing. Three weeks and counting down until we arrive in Belize!

Re: BC's BBQ - 09/23/05 08:56 PM

BCs on the beach south of town -- great bar and their BBQ on Sundays is fabulous. I did the meat combo plate but hear the seafood combo is even better.

Re: BC's BBQ - 09/23/05 09:24 PM

south side of dowtntown I should say -- right in the middle of it all --
Posted By: captjeff

Re: BC's BBQ - 09/24/05 03:41 PM

this is not a must stop for vegans ,, no ,no ,no way lots of good bbq,,,yum ,yum ,yum ,heavy duty eating here..bbq ,pork ribs ,chicken, seafood .coleslaw, etc,etc etc,,great place both locals and gringo tourist hang on sun ,..you might even run into or some might say run over pedro #1 from the board my buddy..as I do think he is cool..go live the dream and enjoy...
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: BC's BBQ - 09/24/05 08:34 PM

The rib and shrimp compo is unbeatable. You have yummy beans, tortilla and your choice of potato salad or cole slaw. I think the combo is BZ $33 you cant beat the price or the food. There is so much food I can eat only the ribs or only the shrimp while there and take the rest home for the next meal.

All meals come in Styrofoam servers and they will bag this when you want to take some home. Everyone mingles and even four legged dogs are welcome. Be sure and donate your bones to one of us who take them home to our pot lickers (dogs). My Pepe and Grita are most grateful. It will be one of my first stops when I get back.

Charlene (the C in BC) is one of the prettiest and most gracious chef/owners on the island. Ask if they have any T-shirts for sale.
wink
Posted By: Valentine

Re: BC's BBQ - 09/24/05 08:34 PM

YUM! I love seafood, chicken, ribs, the whole works! We'll be there on the 16th and won't mind waiting for the grub, especially if theyhave a great bar;)
Posted By: poolgirl

Re: BC's BBQ - 09/25/05 01:51 AM

Thanks for asking this question. I was wondering the same thing.
Posted By: SimonB

Re: BC's BBQ - 09/25/05 08:30 PM

Hey Gela, just picked up my ritual BC's BBQ lunch, the seafood combo is under $20US and for what you get (I couldn't eat that much) it's a heck of a deal.

Valentine, they do have a great bar and half the fun is drinking and BS'ing with all of the ex-pats, locals and visitors from around the world. If you're itching about the wait for food have another drink, turn to the East and try and figure out why you would ever want to leave. If that doesn't work seek immediate psychiatric help.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board