AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes?

Posted By: SimonB

Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 09/26/05 11:56 PM

When I first started Lagniappe Provisioning we used to deliver ready to heat, ready to eat meals along with groceries and such and I would like to start the service again. This time I thought that instead of just using one supplier I would offer meals from a cross section of SP restaurants and that's where you come in...

I would love to hear from all of the boarders out there what dishes from SP restaurants that they'd most like to see waiting for them in their rooms when they arrived. Even if having your room provisioned is not your thing I'd still love to hear your suggestions and I'm sure new visitors would like to hear about some of the dishes and restaurants out there.

The only thing to keep in mind is that they need to be easily transportable (no messy sauces) and that they would reheat well if it was a hot dish.

Cheers,

Simon...

P.S. BC's BBQ will be on the list.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 09/27/05 12:02 AM

What a fun idea!

Arrive, check into your room, open a Belikin and start with the roasted Garlic, olives and papas fritas from Casa Picasso. Just enough energy to get you through the unpacking stage!

The lamb kababs at Ali Baba's - and the whole chickens.

Almost anything from Jade Garden - we reheated leftovers twice and they were great!
Posted By: reaper

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 09/27/05 12:36 AM

Pho Tai-Vietnamese Soup from Blue Water Grill lunch menu. The Maya Mar grilled fish from caliente's dinner menu....you could put that corn sauce on an old flip flop and it would be good! Sushi from Tuesday's Blue Water Grill and Estel's Fry Jacks. The best on AC! Now I'm REALLY hungry! cool

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 09/27/05 01:20 AM

My mouth is starting to water, there goes my budget.
Posted By: JeanH

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 09/27/05 01:27 AM

Any of the pasta dishes from Casa Picasso. I type this as I sit here and wait for my pizza to be delivered. I'm starved. Jean
Posted By: Dallas Dave

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 09/27/05 01:51 AM

Pepperoni's Pizza is a great place! Just ask Dave to do a half bake. Then you can finish it up in the oven at your leisure. If you don't have an oven, the full bake nukes up quite well.
Posted By: Bluesqueen

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 09/27/05 02:03 AM

The Coconut Curry Shrimp or Chicken from Caliente's, Ruby's Chicken Johnny cakes and Ali Baba's Pita and Hummus! YUM!

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 09/27/05 02:27 AM

Good idea on the pizza, wanted to do them but wasn't sure how to make it work. Casa Picasso, Blue Water, Ali Baba's and Caliente will be contacted for sure.
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 09/27/05 02:55 AM

Sushi from upstairs Fido's! BTW, has it reopened yet??

Blue Water Grill... yum!!!!
Posted By: reaper

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 09/27/05 03:37 AM

And for heavens sake...someone bring me some Paulie's Pizza cinnamon sticks!!!! cool
Posted By: angelacarr1961

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 09/27/05 04:03 AM

Shannon, I tried to call you earlier. E-mail or call me in EWR when you have a chance.
Posted By: diane&greg

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 09/27/05 01:54 PM

My favorites....Coconut shrimp from Blue Water, Coconut lobster from Caramba and Tropical chicken dish from Papi's.
Posted By: PianoPerson

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 09/27/05 05:17 PM

Where is Pepperoni's Pizza?
Posted By: krehfish

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 09/27/05 05:52 PM

Jamaic'n me crazy shrimp from the Jerk Pit I. The whole snapper from the Reef, any style.

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 09/27/05 06:13 PM

Pepperoni's is just across from Exotic Caye resort and just north of Coconuts.

These are great suggestions everyone, keep 'em coming!
Posted By: USNA73

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 09/27/05 06:19 PM

Grilled shrimp from Papi's Diner! cool
Posted By: mobunny

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 09/27/05 08:05 PM

Freakin great idea Simon! Curry from Tastes of Thailand and I second Ali Babba's and Casa Picasso - Yum. mobunny
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 09/27/05 09:39 PM

beer battered shrimp from fidos, simon we will be there on oct 22 will email our list to you. laugh can't wait!!!!
Posted By: hil71

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 09/27/05 09:51 PM

Big bowl of Ceviche and chips - delish! Stewed seafood from Reef is fab too - maybe a bit messy though!
Posted By: playabees

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 09/28/05 05:00 PM

Any of Jen's pastas from Casa Picasso would be fabulous in the room. Oh, and that fresh-baked bread...

Simon, why don't you ask her if she could do a family-size or couple-sized portion? That would be a wonderful romantic dinner under the stars with just a quick re-heat and a bottle of vino.

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 09/28/05 05:30 PM

I did think about having all ready to serve orders for 2 but felt it would limit the market as most people I know prefer to order 2 different items just for the variety.

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 09/28/05 06:00 PM

The jalapeno pasta at the Jerk pit was great and would reheat well.
Posted By: Beliglen

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 09/28/05 10:57 PM

Anything from Elvi's, Falafel or roast chicken and Hummus from Ali Baba's, Pauly's meat lovers pizza, Fried rice from Jade Garden.Breakfast burritos at Monkey Bites, Breakfast at Estel's. These are some of my most favorites. Nothing from Fido's; "1 star food at 5 star prices".
Posted By: Craigswench

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 10/04/05 06:23 PM

Simon,
This is making me so hungry. Can you deliver to the US? Please?
I think anything from Picasso's-- the pasta is great. Too bad you can't do the desserts, (well, you could do a few of them, I think.)
Posted By: Kra-Z-K

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 10/04/05 06:59 PM

have you tried FIDO's new sushi place upstairs? They have great sushi.

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 10/04/05 07:46 PM

Is it open again? It was closed for a while there.
Posted By: windyw

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 10/14/05 10:46 PM

Must haves for me: egg rolls at Jade Garden, anything from Papi's and drumroll please: ginger rum shrimp from Caliente, simply the best.
There are lots of good places to eat but, in my opinion, these are the best!!
Posted By: ArtZ SmartZ

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 10/14/05 10:52 PM

Mickey's Burritos are a must.

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 10/15/05 06:20 PM

Only problem with Mickey's Burrito's is that, by the time they were delivered, they might be a bit soggy and they're only available on Wednesdays. Otherwise they'd be at the top of the list.

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 10/15/05 09:38 PM

Coconut curry at Caliente.
Posted By: SuzyQ

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 10/16/05 01:06 AM

Conch chowder from Celi's YUM!
Posted By: Diane Campbell

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 10/16/05 02:02 PM

Jalapeno poppers from Elvi's or Caliente
easy to re-nuke
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 10/16/05 02:55 PM

Rock N' Roll Suchi opens Nov. 20th! Yeah!!!
Posted By: Gail13

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 10/16/05 03:09 PM

Charlene's Shrimp Dip - BCs. If it's not in my room, I'll be forced to go in search.
Posted By: CandD

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 10/19/05 02:50 PM

I loved the Tipsy Fisherman at Caliente!!!
Posted By: Hightide

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 10/20/05 02:13 AM

Taquitos from Manuel's or conch fritters from Rico's
Posted By: KC

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 10/20/05 04:02 AM

Charlene's chicken burritos and chips!
(By the way, Simon, this is an *awesome* idea)

KC
Posted By: cokelush

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 10/23/05 07:13 PM

This thread is also an awesome resource... there is no way now that we are going to purchase the meal plan at the resort... we will go and eat in town!
Looking forward to our trip in 06 while I sit here eating my froz. pizza in MO where it's getting quite chilly!
Look forward to reading more on these boards!
Posted By: Marty

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 11/02/05 04:22 AM

here's a lil more....

//ambergriscaye.com/message/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/4/t/010963.html
Posted By: Laguna Punta

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 11/02/05 12:38 PM

Good idea, Diane Campbell...Jalapeno Poppers from Elvi's or Caliente's. :p :p
Posted By: indygal

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 11/02/05 04:42 PM

Oh I am so home sick for San Pedro. This was fun, thanks Simon

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 11/02/05 10:25 PM

Hi Indygal: Its about that time of year...gots my reservations for November 30...and I have no reservations bout dat!!! Bill PS. How bout dem Colts??
Posted By: indygal

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 11/03/05 05:06 AM

Hi Bill, wish I was coming down in Nov. Need to get through the holidays, then we will be down. Indygal is a fish out of water here in TX. My husband has adjusted just fine, but I feel rather lost.
Yet I feel so at home in SP? Wonder why?
Posted By: captjeff

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 11/03/05 03:47 PM

How about the capt jeff pork #25 at taste of thailand ...>>>> a dish so close to my heart<<<< great dish. just love it..And goes great with the special fried rice dish and also the crazy noodle dish .sounds like Padi dive shop, or Padi cake , well Padi something .. think thats the name ????.. all just yummy.. a living the dream meal big time..wash down with lots of cold beer , enjoy..

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 11/04/05 10:40 AM

Sounds great Captain Jeff!! Hope you are doing well...looking forward to seeing you soon in San Pedro. Also looking forward to lunch with Mr and Mrs Indygal. Take care: Bill
Posted By: seashell

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 11/04/05 03:24 PM

Capt. Jeff, I believe that the name of the dish you seek is "Pad Thai".

MmmmMmmmm Yummy
Posted By: JP paradise

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 11/04/05 05:02 PM

Hi SimonB, There are many wonderful restaurants on the beautiful island of San Pedro but my favorites, of which I have a few, are: Blue Water Grill, Caliente's, Jade Garden and Cocina Carambas, where you should definitely try the
Coconut Shrimp...yumm

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 11/04/05 05:24 PM

SEashell ,sweetie I knew that ..was just trying some shtick =[ thats capt jeff humor.].As I love to joke around..in fact had some pad thai two weeks ago in bangkok ..liked tippys better at taste of thailand in sanpedro .. go figure?? guess it up to ones ,individual taste....

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 11/04/05 05:27 PM

Bill will try to return jan 5 or 6 to sanpedro ..are you down then ?????? need to fish ,and live the dream with you again...god be willing...
Posted By: seashell

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 11/04/05 05:55 PM

LOL, OK, CJ. I shoulda known. smile
Posted By: Debinnator

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 11/06/05 05:08 AM

simon b, we will use your service next year, when we return. that is so wonderful. I wish I had known of your business when we were there in september!!!!!

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 11/07/05 11:56 PM

Hi Capt Jeff: Will be in San Pedro from Nov 30-Mar 29th. Looking forward to early breakfast at Estelle's and a day on the "lake". Take care: Bill

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 11/08/05 02:42 PM

mr prezzzzzzzz ..will pencil you in for a power breakfast ,??? and some fishing in the secret pond..shhhh.do not share the location with anyone...shhhhh.
Posted By: govikes

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 11/08/05 07:58 PM

me too. I wanna go fishin'. I'm ready for breakfast with you at Estelle's. Which reminds me, Charlie said to say hi and that he's thinking positive thoughts about CJ.
Posted By: govikes

Re: Favourite SP Restaurant Dishes? - 11/08/05 08:01 PM

oh and favorite SP dishes? Meat pies by Dulcea. Seafood chowder from Jerry's Crabshack, fruit filled fry jacks from Estelle's, grilled fish burger from Papi's, spicy wings from Coconuts (and I'll take a margarita with them). laugh
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board