AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: nycbelle first visit - 10/05/05 06:52 PM
i am coming to ambergris caye for the first time on oct. 30-nov 6th i am still trying to decide where to stay. i have gotten a good deal with both belize yacht club and xanadu any thoughts on these places and which would be better???
Posted By: Otteralum Re: first visit - 10/05/05 07:27 PM
What are you looking for in price, proximity to town, features, etc?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: first visit - 10/05/05 08:00 PM
Many thoughts, but it depends what you want and what you want to pay for it. BYC is maybe 10 minutes' walk down the beach from town, Xanadu is maybe 7 minutes further. BYC is bigger and more of a "full service" hotel. There are lots of other good places as well.
Posted By: Fluffy Re: first visit - 10/05/05 09:41 PM
Try the Exotic Caye Beach resort at www.belizeisfun.com. They are running really good specials right now. 1/2 day cart rental, breakfasts each day, Crazy Canucks (beach bar on site), condo units for that morning or evening when you may want to cook for yourself.
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First Re: first visit - 10/06/05 01:03 AM
As between Xanadu and the BYC, I'd say Xanadu by a big margin. Xanadu is owner operated and smaller.

--Lan Sluder
Posted By: nycbelle Re: first visit - 10/06/05 02:27 AM
Lan Sluder- what do you think about the accomodations at Xanadu. It didnt look as nice as Belize yacht club but it did look cool because of the cabanas.... We are just trying to have the most romantic week the most cost effective way!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: first visit - 10/06/05 04:22 AM
Another place that is deceptively nice is Caribbean Suites, in its own bird sanctuary between BYC and Xanadu.
Posted By: ArtZ SmartZ Re: first visit - 10/09/05 07:50 PM
I think BYC is nicer but, I may be prejudice as we own a condo at BYC. We looked at Xanadu, the layout is better at BYC. You have a better view of the Caribbean from all units. They have a gaurd on duty all night for your safety. Not that you really need it. You can walk to & from town by road or beach even at night. It's closer to town. They just opened a new restuarant with a third floor bar. It has a view of both sides of the island, so you get a glimpse of the sunset over the lagoon. The grounds & gardens are well kept. There is a great gift shop across the street. Called something ORANGE.
or you can check out the BYC gift shop.
Posted By: marge Re: first visit - 10/09/05 08:56 PM
What about Maya Rocks right next door to Banana Beach.
Posted By: nycbelle Re: first visit - 10/09/05 10:51 PM
Thanks everyone for your suggsetions... I went with Xanadu a couple of days ago!!! we decided it would be something different. we usually stay in nice hotels and resorts but thought this would be an opportunity to try something different! We cant wait to see this beautiful island!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: first visit - 10/10/05 12:18 AM
"we usually stay in nice hotels and resorts but thought this would be an opportunity to try something different".
I'm sure we know what you mean!
Posted By: nycbelle Re: first visit - 10/10/05 10:02 PM
hahahahhaaaa.... yeah i didnt mean it in a bad way... i meant i have never stayed in a cabana or anywhere other than a basic "hotel/ resort" type place!
Posted By: rjneuman Re: first visit - 12/21/05 02:37 PM
This message is for nycbelle, member 8132:

How was xanandu. I'm going in about five weeks. Would love to get your thoughts.
bob
Posted By: Kristykins Re: first visit - 12/21/05 02:59 PM
I've not stayed at BYC, but we walked by it a few times & I couldn't help but notice how beautiful it is. It's much more "commercial resort" like than most places on the island.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board