AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Belezian Shores Resort?

Posted By: Kristykins

Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/25/05 12:12 AM

Does anyone know if BELEZIAN SHORES is a nice place to stay? I found some good reviews on it...Heard it was close to town etc.?

Any thoughts/ opinions?

Thanks !!
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/25/05 12:14 AM

Very nice place, you'll be happy and it's only 10 minutes by water taxi to town.

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/25/05 12:15 AM

Perfect! Thank you!!

I also heard they have one of the nicest pools on the Caye?

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/25/05 12:39 AM

Very true.
Posted By: aremgonz

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/25/05 01:09 AM

It's nice but remember that you will have to take the water taxi to town which sometimes is an inconvenience. Especially if you plan on eating and partying in San Pedro.
Posted By: Otteralum

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/25/05 01:28 AM

Depends on what you like. My wife and I loved Belizean Shores. We went into town several times to party and very much enjoyed returning to the quiet of Belizean Shores. The pool is outstanding. Get with the resort boat when it goes into town around 11:00 to pick up supplies and you can save some money.
Posted By: casa de amor

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/25/05 03:37 AM

i have been to Belizean Shores a few times just to swim in there pool. It is an amazing pool,and i had a great time , but sorry i never stayed there.

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/25/05 06:34 AM

Thank you very much for your replies !!

I have booked my room & will be making my way to Belize on December 3rd!

Now...I have to get a passport. YIKES.
Posted By: scuba_sue

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/25/05 02:33 PM

Better hurry - the passport process can take 6 weeks.
Posted By: WhiteWater

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/25/05 03:27 PM

If you do not live close to a passport office, there are services that can help you get a passport in a hurry. In 2001 I think that it cost me $75 plus all mailing costs, and I had a passport in just a couple days. (I was offered a free trip to Bali, and needed a passport in a week.) I can't remember the details, but I assume there are still services like that available. I remember going to the post office with my proof of birth/citizenship, they prepared a set of docs for me, and I sent those docs to the service. I sent it next-day, they stood in line in San Francisco that same day, then they sent me my passport.

You might consider doing the same thing. December 3 is pretty close, especially considering the Thanksgiving holiday in Nov.

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/25/05 04:41 PM

Yes, I'm definetly going to have to get expedited services for the Passport. I'm in the process of rounding up birth certificates, etc.

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/25/05 04:42 PM

Also..I've been informed that belezian shores is across a 50 foot channel.

I'm concerned now because its only accessable by boat, and what happens if we're in town partying etc, are we stuck in San Pedro with no way to return to the hotel late at night?
Posted By: Hon

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/25/05 05:09 PM

You also need to know that Belizean Shores is 4 miles north of the cut. It's too far to walk and it's a long, bumpy and very, very dark ride at night for a bicycle (not recommended) or golf cart (marginally better). Your best bet is the water taxi that runs until 11:00 pm or bring in supplies and party at the resort.

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/25/05 05:14 PM

You can always arrange for a water taxi to take you home in the wee hours or just party until the sun comes up. Talk to the resort about making arrangements with a reputable water taxi and you'll have no problems getting home.

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/25/05 05:19 PM

WHEW. Thanks Simon.

I was hoping a water taxi would be available if scheduled ahead of time.

What mode of transportation should we use then for traveling around to the resorts? Do you suggest booking a golf cart ahead of time?
Posted By: IRM

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/26/05 09:56 PM

Picture yourself here.
[Linked Image]

More Belizean Shores pics.
http://www.unm.edu/~irmin/index_2.htm

If you can swing it, a golf cart for the whole time you're there is best.
Posted By: MALIBU

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/26/05 10:44 PM

Belizean Shores makes GREAT lime daquries (sic)in their roof-top bar!!!
Posted By: Pam&Dave

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/26/05 10:47 PM

IRM / Incredible pictures! Thanks so much for posting them. It puts a face to many of the resorts we hear about on this message board.
Thanks again,
Pam

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/27/05 01:31 AM

Man I miss Leo's Pina Coladas. I hadn't had brain freeze for years but I had it at least a dozen times in AC. That swim up bar is da bomb!
Posted By: 1BKeeper

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/27/05 02:58 AM

Great pictures, Irm! I like that you and Mo are in lots of them. (I'm always telling my sight-seeing friends to get in their pictures.) The mystery resort picture looks like The Blue Tang.
I am anxious to get back to San Pedro.....107 days to wait!

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/27/05 03:26 PM

IRM - That picture made me want to leave my office & head over there RIGHT NOW! lol.

We did actually re-book our room for the Aquamarina Suites, but I will absolutly be taking a trip over to Belezian Shores to enjoy their pool!~

Maybe next time we will stay there after we've experienced AC closer to the town. BS looks REALLY beautiful.

PS. Your photos were breathetaking.
I think I'm already in love with AC!!!
Posted By: Diane Campbell

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/27/05 06:03 PM

If you are not an owner or a guest at Belizean Shores, you are not allowed to use the pool.
It's a private condo-hotel .............. in general, local hotels do not make their pools open to the public.
Posted By: IRM

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/27/05 06:07 PM

If you want a drink, you'll have to walk on water. cool
Posted By: mobunny

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/27/05 06:35 PM

Hmmmmmmm. Once Irm and I sailed a small hobie cat up to Belizean Shores. One of the managers greeted us at the dock and then invited us to sit at the swim up bar and encouraged us to enjoy the pool, bar and restaurant. We did and spent significant money on drinks, food and tips. mo

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/27/05 06:37 PM

It's only recently (since July or August I think)that the pool has been posted guests and owners only.

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/27/05 06:48 PM

Hey Simon, I can't really blame them. They need to take care of their paying hotel guest first. that's only right. Too bad though. We've only gone twice (both times in August.) Both times we were made to feel welcome and like I said we did spend money on drinks, food and tips - didn't stay too long. Not many people around besides us though. mo
Posted By: bennyboy96

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/28/05 04:51 PM

Does anyone know if Belizean Shores has a 3 night minimum stay? We're trying to book 2 nights thorugh our travel agent after our wedding before we leave for our honeymoon on the mainland and she's saying there's a 3 night minimum. I don't see anything on the site about that. Does anyone know? Could the min stay be just for rooms going through travel agents? It's high season, but it's the weekend following Easter.
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/28/05 05:15 PM

I just noticed that Belizean Shores is currently the # 2 hotel on Ambergris Caye in the Trip Advisor (www.tripadvisor.com) "popularity index" ratings, based on 26 reviews. Cayo Espanto is # 1, but based on only 5 reviews. Banyan Bay is # 3, based on 13 reviews. Banana Beach is # 4, based on 44 reviews.

Not scientific, but interesting.

--Lan Sluder
Posted By: panty ripper

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/29/05 08:09 AM

wow! It is? I would not think it would be #2 for so many reasons. If you are wanting to stay that far north there are so many better ones.
Do you think the hotels pay to be on those lists as you notice so many hotels in AC are not even on the list of hotels in tripadvisor and others?
Posted By: islandbaby

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/29/05 08:40 AM

Hello! new here...question for IRM...noticed you said you took a hobie cat around...first time to AC...loved taking the hobie cat out in cozumel..most of the hotels dont mention if they have them....can you rent them?

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/29/05 02:06 PM

B.S. enforces 3 night stays during the busy seasons. I noticed B.S. is very heavily advertised on Expedia and Hotels.com while most other AC hotels are not. This will increase their proportion of internet savvy travelers and thus the number of reviews on Trip Advisor (I'm one of them). It got very good reviews there and here which is why we booked it. I'll try someplace else on another trip possibly, but I can see why it got reviewed well and often.

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/29/05 03:12 PM

Hobie's can be rented from Sailsports and they will deliver to your hotel. You can find them at http://www.sailsportsbelize.com/

As for the 3-night minimum you'll find that at many hotels during peak periods and high season. It's easier and less risk to keep a week open than to try and sell the remaining 4 days. It's not just on the island, when I used to build custom itineraries for Belize Expeditions I often ran into that problem across the country during peak periods.

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/31/05 02:58 AM

I rented from Sailsports. Also, some of the resorts rent them as well.

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/31/05 08:27 PM

Originally posted by SimonB:
It's only recently (since July or August I think)that the pool has been posted guests and owners only.
So you dont think we'll be able to go over there and use their pool then?

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/31/05 08:58 PM

Officially, you're out of luck. But, they likely won't know to say anything to you if you avoid conversation regarding you not staying there.
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT

Re: Belezian Shores Resort? - 10/31/05 09:23 PM

Kristykins, If you go during the slow season than they will welcome you to swim in the pool. just be kind and spend some money there and everything will be fine. smile
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board