AmbergrisCaye.com Home

SP in January

Posted By: Gordon Schumway

SP in January - 10/26/05 01:54 AM

I miss Belize. It doesn't help that I put a great photo from my hotel hammock overlooking the ocean on my desktop to stare at all day.

My 1st trip was early September and I'm ready to come back. What's the weather/town like in early January? Are things open? I loved being there in the fall, when the streets were fairly uncrowded.
Posted By: Kra-Z-K

Re: SP in January - 10/26/05 01:57 AM

I DID that, lol. I put a HUGE map of Belize and a few photos of Belize and friends above my desk at work.

I stared at them all day, too... I used to get so sad.

BE CAREFUL... LOOK WHERE I ENDED UP!

LOL!
Posted By: Kra-Z-K

Re: SP in January - 10/26/05 01:59 AM

Oh, and weather in Jan is wonderful. Better than Sept in my opinion. Less humid too. Everything is open all the time, every day here except New Yrs Day.
Posted By: cokelush

Re: SP in January - 10/26/05 01:12 PM

That gets me thinking... we are planning a wedding during the low season and need to come up with a date. The kids were thinking sept. for no particular reason... what's the best low season month to come and why?
Take into consideration bugs, humidity (but we are from MO so are somewhat used to humidity), and we will be diving, and snorkling at shark/ray alley. (staying at victoria house)...

What are your thoughts?? June-december is low season...
Posted By: MALIBU

Re: SP in January - 10/26/05 03:06 PM

I particularly like end of July. Lobster is in, everything is open, (usually) not too crowded but not empty either. Weather -- it does what it wants...
Posted By: Gordon Schumway

Re: SP in January - 10/26/05 05:58 PM

Thanks Ke--how are the crowds in January? I feel so spoiled having had the Palms & Ramon's beach practically to myself. Santiago, the security guy at the Palms told me that in the summer, it's wall-to-wall bodies on the beach. It was hard to imagine!
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board