AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Captain Morgan time shares

Posted By: SeaUrchin

Captain Morgan time shares - 11/01/05 01:14 PM

Has anyone out there purchased a time share from Captain Morgan? I'd be interested in pros/cons, anyone's experience - thanks!
Posted By: GBZ39

Re: Captain Morgan time shares - 11/01/05 01:28 PM

Don't buy directly from them. Try redweek.com or other outlets on the web.

They are expensive and you'll NEVER get your money back.

But we visited earlier this year for spiel. Very nicely furnished but again...expensive
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton

Re: Captain Morgan time shares - 11/01/05 04:14 PM

No resales avail. for Belize yet. I would check the local alternatives such as Costa Maya Reef Resort and Banyan Bay including Grand Colony (nice!). Resales have advantages and disadvantages. Kinda like buying a new car and a used car - you usually get what you pay for.

Keep in mind a timeshare is not an investment but rather a vacation plan. Don't buy one to make money, rather to save money and enjoy a more luxurious vacation lifestyle.

Being said, Captain Morgan's is nice, good value for your money. I would look around first before making your choice in regards to vacation ownership.

SIN
Posted By: Catatonic Motivator

Re: Captain Morgan time shares - 11/01/05 04:19 PM

And he's an expert! laugh Spells labor with that additional 'u' now, too. Must be the salt air. laugh wink

Re: Captain Morgan time shares - 11/01/05 05:51 PM

Thanks all of you - I do appreciate your responses. Yes, I do regard a time share as a way to have a more luxurious vacation - definitely not a growth investment. I'll check out the other two mentioned. Any tips, please pass them on! Thanks :p
Posted By: GBZ39

Re: Captain Morgan time shares - 11/02/05 02:59 AM

Agree it makes for a nicer vacation.....BUT if I buy the same time share at half your price????.

Just suggest you look into the resale market..if it exists.
Posted By: sandb

Re: Captain Morgan time shares - 11/02/05 03:07 AM

is

Re: Captain Morgan time shares - 11/02/05 03:09 AM

this

Re: Captain Morgan time shares - 11/02/05 03:10 AM

an

Re: Captain Morgan time shares - 11/02/05 03:12 AM

editing

Re: Captain Morgan time shares - 11/02/05 03:13 AM

record?
Posted By: apache1048

Re: Captain Morgan time shares - 11/02/05 04:57 PM

Hi, we bought a timeshare after swearing we never would. Why? Well, put simply it was (to us) a pretty good offer. The accomodation is great (http://www.angrypig.com/belize/ for some pics of the rooms) and we bought 2 weeks every other year.

This means we are not tied to AC every year but we do not have the hassle of selling the weeks etc. The system they have for selling / swapping sounds good but it still ties you to places with time shares which we may not want.

So, it's not the cheapest deal but if you compare to a reasonable hotel - we stayed at Ramons, it's pretty good. So far they have been very friendly and helpful.

As for the resale market. Agreed, if you can get it cheaper then why not. BUT...Belize is a very small and desireable market. In Florida the resale market is fantastic as it is so overcrowded. In Belize I don't think that will happen. Treat it as a vacation reservation not an investment and you won't go too far wrong.

Oh, and labour with an 'extra' u is labouur and that is just silly!!
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton

Re: Captain Morgan time shares - 11/02/05 06:05 PM

True, Florida has overbuilt their timeshare product thus weakening the resale values.

Take a look at some select properties in Kaui (ie. Mariott), folks are making a small profit on their resales.

Supply and demand.

SIN

Re: Captain Morgan time shares - 11/04/05 08:38 PM

Hello Apache1048 - thanks for your input. They didn't offer us a choice of once every other year - we were told we got a week/year. I like the flexibility of your arrangement.

Now that you've had your time share awhile, what do you think about it? Has it been worth it?

Your pics and captions are really good - they made me laugh on a day when I needed a good laugh.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board