AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Sunday Beach BBQ

Posted By: California Girl

Sunday Beach BBQ - 11/22/05 01:58 AM

We'll be arriving soon (not soon enough) shortly after noon on a Sunday and will be hungry after the airplanes. Is the Sunday Beach BBQ (can't remember the name, but remember the place) still happening?
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Sunday Beach BBQ - 11/22/05 02:06 AM

get there as early as you can..... BCs Beach & BBQ. Can't miss it.
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Sunday Beach BBQ - 11/22/05 02:23 AM

From Tropic; walk South about 100' until you reach Scotia Bank, turn left through the alley towards the beach. Once you get through the alley you'll be able to see Charlene busting her butt by the BBQ and your life just got a whole lot better.
Posted By: California Girl

Re: Sunday Beach BBQ - 11/22/05 02:29 AM

Thanks! Good to know it's still the place to be on Sunday.
Posted By: mobunny

Re: Sunday Beach BBQ - 11/22/05 03:25 PM

BC's. Have fun! mobunny

[Linked Image]
Posted By: lasergod

Re: Sunday Beach BBQ - 11/22/05 05:44 PM

We got in on Saturday night. Went to BC's Sunday at 1:00. By 2:22 pm they were out of bbq. We were glad we went EARLY! Worth the wait! My husband had ribs and I had the chicken. Go early means before 2:00pm

Re: Sunday Beach BBQ - 11/22/05 06:16 PM

Can't remember the last time I saw BC's that empty, must've been REAL early.
Posted By: seashell

Re: Sunday Beach BBQ - 11/22/05 06:19 PM

Sun's on the wrong side for it to be really early . . .isn't it?

A bit confusing.
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Sunday Beach BBQ - 11/22/05 06:22 PM

It was probably Good Friday...

Re: Sunday Beach BBQ - 11/22/05 06:56 PM

I could have sworn that I took that shot in August of 2003 walking from Ramon's to Ruby's to get us a very early morning coffee and Firestone tire sized doughnut for breakfast. But I could very well be mistaken about the time of day. Anyways, I really love that pic. mo

Re: Sunday Beach BBQ - 11/22/05 10:22 PM

Must have been very dead in town, seashell is right about the angle of the sun, looks like 3 or so.
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Sunday Beach BBQ - 11/22/05 10:24 PM

Or the shadows were photoshopped?

Re: Sunday Beach BBQ - 11/22/05 10:31 PM

Yup. I've got to agree it's not morning. Funny that's how I remembered that pic these past couple of years. Would have been the 3rd week of August 2003. Must have been the afternoon I left Irm sleeping on the beach at Ramon's (he wasn't feeling well) and I walked down to Cannibal's to get a potato boat for a late lunch. I know he wasn't with me when I took that shot. Where the heck is everybody???? mo
Posted By: seashell

Re: Sunday Beach BBQ - 11/22/05 10:32 PM

Don't worry mobunny, that *is* an awesome picture.

Made all the more so, to my mind, because it is empty of people, in the late day. That said, I'm not sure that Charlene would want to use it as a promotional tool. (wg)

Re: Sunday Beach BBQ - 11/22/05 10:34 PM

cool mo
Posted By: Laguna Punta

Re: Sunday Beach BBQ - 11/22/05 10:39 PM

...here is another shameless plug eek . Don't forget the San Pedro Lions BBQ on Friday and Saturday evenings. Best deal in town...and, the Lions do much for the betterment of San Pedro and may other good works.

Re: Sunday Beach BBQ - 11/22/05 10:39 PM

I figured it out it was Saturday, August 23, 2003. Everyone must have been at home resting up for the BBQ on Sunday...mobunny wink
Posted By: KYJeff

Re: Sunday Beach BBQ - 11/28/05 05:07 PM

I was at BC's on the 20th for BBQ along with my wife and 3 other friends. We got there very early (11:30ish)...even got a seat at the bar. BBQ was great again...my wife and I split combo...we couldn't even finish that. We got home this Saterday from AC and are already trying to figure out when we can go back.
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board