AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Anyone going to Jerry Jeff concerts?

Posted By: Florida Gal

Anyone going to Jerry Jeff concerts? - 12/29/05 11:12 PM

Just curious to see if anyone on the board is going to the Jerry Jeff Walker concerts in San Pedro starting January 29? I've attended for the last 2 years and really enjoy listening to his music under the stars on the boat dock....then I listen to "come away to Belize with me" all year long while I miss being in San Pedro.

I'm coming to San Pedro for a couple months this year starting Jan. 26 and I'll be at all the JJW concerts.

Any other JJW fans out there?
Posted By: Pedro1

Re: Anyone going to Jerry Jeff concerts? - 12/30/05 01:27 AM

NO
Posted By: 1BKeeper

Re: Anyone going to Jerry Jeff concerts? - 12/30/05 04:13 AM

We were there for second week last year but the tickets were sold out long before. We sat on the Paradise Villas dock and listened. A waiter from Wet Willie's even came over and took drink orders! I was able to get a hat autographed for my husband. We hope to do the same this year since we will be arriving at the end of his second week again. It would be great if we could get a ticket for just the last show. Our timing is off!
Posted By: indygal

Re: Anyone going to Jerry Jeff concerts? - 12/30/05 04:22 AM

We went once and had a fun time. Would enjoy one night again sometime, but 3 nights is over kill IMHO, and that is how they sell the tickets! Dear Peter got us tickets last time but sounds like that is not likely again.

Re: Anyone going to Jerry Jeff concerts? - 12/30/05 04:43 AM

1BKeeper...The tickets usually sell out quickly but sometimes you can still buy a ticket at the gate...and sometimes there are people with an extra ticket they will sell.

I gave one of my tickets to a friend for the second show of the second week last year and so I also sat on the Paradise Villas dock to hear one of the concerts. A waiter came over to take orders and I loaned a lady that was there money for a drink until her husband came back with money so she could repay me. (That wasn't you was it?...that would really be funny...) She was nice and we had a great time listening to the show from the dock and drinking our drinks. We could hear almost as well as the people at the concert.

Hope you are able to get a ticket for the last show.

Re: Anyone going to Jerry Jeff concerts? - 12/30/05 04:50 AM

Indygal and IBKeeper...I'll keep you in mind if I hear of extra tickets. Sometimes people want to take side trips and can't stay for all 3 shows. (What does IMHO mean?)
Posted By: Pedro1

Re: Anyone going to Jerry Jeff concerts? - 12/30/05 04:55 AM

You can always get tickets
Posted By: denverdan

Re: Anyone going to Jerry Jeff concerts? - 12/30/05 06:14 AM

IMHO = in my honest opinion cool
I'm sure Pedro is totally correct too... one way or another, you can always get tickets. laugh
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Anyone going to Jerry Jeff concerts? - 12/30/05 02:07 PM

Even better this year is that there's a new dock on the North side that runs right up beside the stage, much closer and much better seating.
Posted By: mimi

Re: Anyone going to Jerry Jeff concerts? - 12/30/05 02:51 PM

we're going jan 26 and want to see at least one show.
how do I get tickets??
my boyfriend is having his big-ass 50th birthday on jan 30, so I thought this would be a great way to celebrate.
Posted By: NYgal

Re: Anyone going to Jerry Jeff concerts? - 12/30/05 02:57 PM

IMHO=in my humble opinion wink
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Anyone going to Jerry Jeff concerts? - 12/30/05 03:56 PM

Does your boyfriend know that you go around telling people he has a big ass? laugh
Posted By: mimi

Re: Anyone going to Jerry Jeff concerts? - 12/30/05 04:03 PM

only if you tell him...
Posted By: KC

Re: Anyone going to Jerry Jeff concerts? - 12/30/05 08:54 PM

And still the question remains... How can one purchase tickets to the JJW concert? In San Pedro? On line?

Thanks in advance,
Kathy
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton

Re: Anyone going to Jerry Jeff concerts? - 12/30/05 09:05 PM

Pedro1 is the official ticket broker for Jerry Jeff Wanker.

SIN

Re: Anyone going to Jerry Jeff concerts? - 12/30/05 09:11 PM

Surely there is another source. wink
Posted By: 1BKeeper

Re: Anyone going to Jerry Jeff concerts? - 12/30/05 09:30 PM

I guess we didn't try hard enough for a ticket to the last show last year! We asked at WW that afternoon and again early in the evening at the gate.
Florida Gal, we were on the PV dock for his last show, so that drink couldn't have been mine!
Simon, thanks for letting us know about the new dock.
Posted By: Fresh Salmon

Re: Anyone going to Jerry Jeff concerts? - 12/30/05 09:59 PM

www.jerryjeff.com is where you go to get tickets

Re: Anyone going to Jerry Jeff concerts? - 12/31/05 05:50 AM

Thank you, Mr. Salmon. cool cool

For anyone else interested, the information gleaned from JJW website is that you have to call for ticket info. (512) 477-0036

Re: Anyone going to Jerry Jeff concerts? - 12/31/05 01:53 PM

The tickets on the web site sold out for week 2 around 6 months ago so I bought tickets for week 1 and put myself on the waiting list for week 2 (I know people that always go to week 2 so I really wanted week 2.) Then last month they called and a few people could not come to week 2 and were trying to sell their tickets so I bought tickets for week2. So now I have 6 tickets and may sell a couple nights (and only go to 3 or 4 concerts)...but I just have tickets for myself and most people are with someone and want 2 tickets.

Last year there was a lady taking names of people that needed tickets (an ad hoc thing) and people were getting them that way by word of mouth. If I run into someone with tickets for sale I'll let you know. Sometimes you can even buy them at the gate...but I'm not sure you can depend on that. (I was sick one night and a friend took my ticket and sold it at the gate two years ago.) It is $150 for 3 concerts and people just sell individual tickets for the $50 they paid for them...they're not trying to make money on the deal. (Of course you also get to go to the bar-b-que and get a free t-shirt when you buy for the whole week.)
Posted By: johhhhhhhnnn

Re: Anyone going to Jerry Jeff concerts? - 01/07/06 05:57 AM

Im a big Jerry jeff fan and will be there the 29th. Any suggestions on where to stay?
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board