Posted By: LilLez

What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/13/06 07:17 PM

are they a lot of gay people on the island? confused
Posted By: angelinthesky

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/13/06 07:50 PM

Yes they do.
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/13/06 07:50 PM

I have a few gay friends, mostly female though. The island is so small we all socialize and party together regardless of sexual orientation. Not a huge population but a nice percentage of gay folks on AC.

SIN
Posted By: CloudsCas

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/13/06 07:54 PM

YES!!! A LOT OF GAY PEOPLE.

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/13/06 07:59 PM

MY wife and I are going to visit the island on mid march. I was just wondering cause we are planing to stay for a couple of months. And we have always been open about or "lesbian Relationship". We know that on some countries is not accepted at all. so it is good to know that the island is openly gay. smile
Posted By: reaper

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/13/06 08:23 PM

I can't wait to hear what Rykat has to say about THIS! Gays on AC..Oh my!!! laugh
Posted By: LaurieMar

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/13/06 08:32 PM

TMI.
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/13/06 09:18 PM

Yes, there are lots of gay folks on the island but I don't know if I would go as far as to say "openly" gay. It is very rare to see a gay couple holding hands and kissing as they walk down front street or the beach during the day.

When you come down, just observe for a day and you will get a feel for what is considered socially acceptable.

Don't forget there were huge pickets on the mainland when a gay cruise ship came to visit.

Most people here are happy with a live and let live approach to relationships.
Posted By: Kra-Z-K

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/13/06 09:20 PM

LiLez, it doesn't matter what Rykat has to say about this and as far as this comment "Gay on AC...Oh my!" I am not sure what that is supposed to mean cause there are gay people there and it is no big deal. It is actually less big of a deal than in many cities in the states. Have a wonderful trip.
Posted By: Razorfish

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/13/06 09:26 PM

I have not heard of a predominately gay club, resort or beach on AC. "Openly gay"... this is Central America and AC is a small island. I do think you will find everyone is very friendly while you're there and treats you as respectfully as you treat them.
While I dont know about gays on AC, LilLez, I think all the posters on this board are gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that. (sorry, sometimes you just have to go for the cheap laugh)

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/13/06 09:32 PM

KraZk, get a clue! That didn't mean anything and if you know rykat from the posts...Oh never mind..........................

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/13/06 09:46 PM

I have been a resident here since 1988 and Amanda hit the nail on the head.

We live and let live, and those who feel otherwise should go somewhere else.

My good friends are young Belizean Lesbians, they call themselves the L-Unit, have shirts and all. Openly gay? yes. Most don't unserstand the term. Another Lesbian couple from the US, recently purchased a small inn and is doing well here on AC.

Come down and enjoy your vacation!!!

SIN

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/13/06 09:48 PM

RazorFish - most are laughing at you, laughing with pity.

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/13/06 09:50 PM

Why did I already suspect that SIN.

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/13/06 09:53 PM

reaper! wow!!! get a clue? of course I know Rykats posts and I was just telling this new member to the board not to take it to heart! WOW!!!! SEE YOU SKYDIVING, HOPE YOUR CHUT WORKS!
I did NOT mean to start trouble with you and you should have replied kinder. I am glad you are just a visitor to the island.

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/13/06 09:55 PM

Lilez, in regards to being accepted here follow Amanda's, SIN's, and my advice. We live here. You will be accepted fine and find not problems like you would in other cent/south american countries like razorfish mentions.

enjoy your time.
Posted By: Kristykins

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/13/06 09:58 PM

While I dont know about gays on AC, LilLez, I think all the posters on this board are gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that. (sorry, sometimes you just have to go for the cheap laugh)
Cheap gay jokes are truly childish. At least they are when they're not funny.

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/13/06 10:50 PM

Geez, Louise: so, there are gay people on AC - there are gay people all over the world. What makes it any different there?

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/13/06 10:51 PM

different cultures react to things differently?

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/13/06 10:53 PM

I believe the definition of the word gay means to be happy.

What are you people talking about???

SIN, I didn't know there were a bunch of gals here from Lesbos. laugh wink
Posted By: Pedro1

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/13/06 10:55 PM

What happens if your gay and get in a fight-is it like "a happy meal" thus becoming "a happy fight"

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/13/06 10:56 PM

laurie, YES it does make a difference. Absolutely and understandable question this person asked. Have you traveled much out of the states? This person asked a very valid/wise question and was important to get responces. I have traveled many places where though there are gay people all over the world you would not know it in some places.

As far as "what makes it any diff there" is that "there" in some places of the world you are treated horribly where the outcome can even mean death! It is horrible.

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/13/06 11:00 PM

LaurieMar & KraZk...exactly my point...except you know there are some boarders out there who are shocked at this revelation of happy folks on AC. And KraZk, my "chut" works fine...it's yours I would be worried about! laugh :p

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/13/06 11:01 PM

Originally posted by Pedro1:
What happens if your gay and get in a fight-is it like "a happy meal" thus becoming "a happy fight"
'

That made me laugh out loud laugh
Thank you!

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/13/06 11:23 PM

KraZ: I disagree: homosexuals have been around since the dawn of time, just like heterosexuals. So, their sexual orientation is different. Sorry, I wouldn't know how much. I think you were reading a little more into my post than intended. What difference does it make if "I have traveled much out of the States?" That is irrelevant. But, the answer is yes.

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/13/06 11:31 PM

I am not worried about my chut! I don;t even want one. I am not going.

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/13/06 11:35 PM

laurie, it is not that i read into it, I think I am misunderstanding it. can you explain so I do understand? what do you disagree with? I too agree they have been around since the dawn of time but I have spent long periods of time in other countries where if you are in the open gay they beat you...and that's enough terrible description. it is heartbreaking.

where we are misunderstanding each other is where you said what diff does it make and I stated the diff it makes.

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/13/06 11:43 PM

Kra-Z-K...what "other' countries do you need to go to for severe discrimination against gay people. They hung a young gay kid in Wyoming on a barbed wire fence a few years ago! A gay man was beaten to death by his parked car in Los Angeles last month...and on and on it goes...Sadly. And why aren't you jumping? You were so eager in December?

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/13/06 11:44 PM

exactly, agree. If you read this entire thread I wrote "It is actually less big of a deal than in many cities in the states. Have a wonderful trip." You are correct.

Sure I will run into you soon.

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/13/06 11:46 PM

jumping, I am going to do it somewhere else.

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/13/06 11:56 PM

I think Reaper explained what I meant. I live 75 miles from San Francisco/Bay Area where there is a very large population of gays, male and female. It is tolerated at a greater extent than here in the valley. Most people really don't care one way or the other what sexual orientation another is, but again, good and bad everywhere.

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 12:02 AM

ah. I see, thanks. that is how it should be everywhere, people not caring one way or another but unfortunately it is not that way.
Posted By: BelizeDiscounts.com

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 12:59 AM

would question if you could call the scene a lesbian scene as in my experience seems its a more bisexual scene where women are concerned, which can be a positive for a singles straight guys like me wink

but as Amanda said just observe the first few days and you will see whats acceptable additionally you will be able to identify the L squad easily when u see them but must say seems strange to compete with females as well as males for the available women on the island smile

all in good fun and this place I feel is very live and let live even though the local guys can be very homophobic at times but generally nobody cares your orientation.

Gaz Cooper

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 01:15 AM

correct, and the most homophobic ones that voice it are usually homosexual.
Posted By: el diablo

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 01:19 AM

Are you sipping, smoking or snorting?

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 01:23 AM

not sure who you are talking to as you do not specifically say so since I was the last post before you I assume me...?? If not, my appologizes as I do not feel things are about me!

I do not smoke nor snort. Drinking is not common for me either but do find it fun when we are at the clubs or dancing all night.

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 01:26 AM

el diablo, I see you listed you live on earth on your profile. Do you live in AC? I like Diablo...the music.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 01:34 AM

Whew! wouldn't touch this topic with a 10" dildo! laugh
Posted By: Red Penny

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 01:34 AM

Just because someone dosent agree with homosexuality, dosent mean they are "phobic". They just dont agree with. Now, you all have givin such HUGE attention to such a simple question...its like everyone slowing down to "view the wreak".

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 01:37 AM

I agree with red penny, if you do not agree does not mean you are homophobic. However, those who are homophobic (those who bash gay people, make fun, laugh) are often covering up/asshamed that they are. I have had male friends, more than one, that did this until they could come out.

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 01:41 AM

Can you type with one hand?

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 01:49 AM

yes I understood whatcha ment but good to clarify thanks. I would not want to be typing el diablo if I was busy...
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 01:55 AM

WHEW! Don't say a word. O.K. But ...............

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 01:56 AM

I will wait until I return. I will have control.

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 01:58 AM

Why? The guys aren't waiting

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 02:00 AM

And you think hes waiting?

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 02:01 AM

lol you are confused.

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 02:03 AM

laugh WAITING?

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 02:22 AM

Shhhh. Krazys bzzzzzzzzzy right now
Posted By: Iamfennuts

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 02:28 AM

Originally posted by Kra-Z-K:
rykat, DILDO, that's it!!! I was trying to think of what I can do until I get back to AC to relieve my needs!
That is way too much information Krazy. :rolleyes:
Posted By: Loansum-Al K

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 02:36 AM

This is amazing....a thread just started today and already 58 posts.....is that a record....gay or not who give a damn.....judge the person not their life style!

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 02:45 AM

and note I said "I will wait until I return, I have control" have you heard of a joke!

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 02:46 AM

Originally posted by LOANSUM:
This is amazing....a thread just started today and already 58 posts.....is that a record....gay or not who give a damn.....judge the person not their life style!
That's nothing. Nude beaches is at 74.

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 02:47 AM

Originally posted by Kra-Z-K:
and note I said "I will wait until I return, I have control" have you heard of a joke!
Again, where ever you are returning to/from, we don't need to know about your control -TMI!!!!!!!!

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 02:49 AM

mentioned my control not outta the blue, in responce to diablo asking if I could type with one hand.

and we don't need rudeness, telling others one smokes, snorts and drinks when you have not met them.

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 02:51 AM

btw, VERY against all drugs. promote drug free and assist/volunteer with those who have drug or abuse problems personally or in the family. Very important.

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 02:56 AM

He asked if you could type with one hand because of the dildo comment. Look Krazy, I'm not going to play this game that you play with everyone else. Just re-read if you're not getting it. I refuse to play this game with you.

I agreed about the drug comment, I didn't originally suggest it. Let it lie -like most things. Let them lie.

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 02:57 AM

On the topic of acceptance and tolerance...IMHO one of the great movies of '05 was a dark comedy called Crash. It examines common stereotypes, prejudices and bigotry. There were times when I laughed and then realized the inappropriateness of laughing. Well worth renting.

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 02:57 AM

i got that! clearly. and I wrote you that I was responding to it saying I have control! sex or dildo-wise. I said I will wait until I return to his comment!

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 02:59 AM

and no game is being played! let you know why I wrote "I have control and will wait." that
s all. When will you be in AC again?

where did you agree about the drug comment?

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 03:00 AM

We don't need to know about your sex and/or dildo encounters! DROP IT ALREADY!

I never made the drug reference, just agreed. RE-READ!!

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 03:04 AM

sure, many do need to know. for those individuals who need help or support. You can speak for yourself but have had people contact me for this.

are you interested?

I have no intentions to be rude to you or insult, I just ask as it just seems like you are a disturbed or angry invididual and often drugs play a part in this. Life is short, be happy, and don't let things get to you.

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 03:05 AM

Originally posted by Iamfennuts:
We don't need to know about your sex and/or dildo encounters! DROP IT ALREADY!

I never made the drug reference, just agreed. RE-READ!!
you did not agree, you said YES that you believe I DO the activities. the person ASKED if I did those activities, did not tell me I do.

subject dropped though per your request. I am not looking to irritate you. HUGS smile. I know you mean well.

when do you return to AC?

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 03:16 AM

"sure, many do need to know. for those individuals who need help or support. You can speak for yourself but have had people contact me for this." We can't still be talking about dildos.

:rolleyes:

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 03:18 AM

no drugs/ assistance. as you love to say to me RE READ.

I even noted the word drug in my comment

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 03:25 AM

"sure, many do need to know. for those individuals who need help or support. You can speak for yourself but have had people contact me for this." Where is the word DRUG? I don't see it.

Nighty night.

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 03:28 AM

are you joking? read the rest of that post!

also few posts above describing what I assist with.

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 03:29 AM

your classic line RE_READ
Posted By: Catatonic Motivator

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 03:36 AM

Gee Marty. Too bad you took off before this started.
Posted By: tinabythebeach

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 03:43 AM

I read the board regularly however rarely post. I try to avoid posting as I think many of you are on here to start trouble for whatever issues you have and not here for the right reason.
I hate to stick up for anyone or ever take sides however every post Mr. Nuts has made to KraZk in the past month is to intentionally beat K up. K is right in the topless beach thread by saying K has never writen to you first and yet you say K is playing cat and mouse games with you. You are a game player. Though should we excuse it since you say yourself you are nuts? I am not saying I agree with every post of K's I have ever read but in general this person has been extremly helpful, truthful and great assistance to many. Where have you been an asset to the board?
Posted By: Windjammer

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 03:53 AM

I think Kra-Z-K needs to take a chill pill now! Relax woman. Deep breathing exercises are in order.
Posted By: Jeb

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 03:53 AM

like tonight?
trouble is brewing.
stay out.
she will suffocate herself in this role.

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 04:11 AM

I sense a lot of repressed gayness.
Posted By: casa de amor

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 04:48 AM

i think im going to jump in now, and ask a question of conflicting debates "are we born gay or do we become gay throughout life"?, i'm not gay by any means, and like Bill Maher said we should let the lezbians get married, because thats what every guy wants!
Posted By: dbdoberman

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 01:03 PM

good grief, I've been away too long, is this the type of "helpful" info that I have been missing out on? :rolleyes:
Posted By: Now Danny

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 02:05 PM

dbman, glad to see you're back. smile
Posted By: Bearfoot Gibby

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 03:36 PM

You don't have to be happy to be gay!!!!!!

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 05:02 PM

Well, after reading your replies i am more interested now to visit the island. We heard about it last year and decided to take a trip down there this year. But I always find out before i travel to a new place the "level of Gayvitivity". We are openly gay and unless i find it extreamly nessesary, I respect not rubbing it on peoples face.
Posted By: Tagenrog

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 05:08 PM

What the hell is "chut"? There's nothing in the dictionary and the only entry in the Acronym Finder is 'Cable Households Using Television'
Posted By: klcman

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 05:11 PM

add an "E"
Posted By: CloudsCas

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 05:23 PM

"Gayitivity" I didnt know there was such a word!??

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 05:36 PM

You got it wrong - its gayitivity.

And that is parachute for those who are unfamiliar with the pasttimes of the Reaper.

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 06:47 PM

laugh klcman? do chuts or chut es come in different sizes, like....well yoo know what I mean?

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 08:19 PM

hehehe mebbe
Posted By: ckocian

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 09:31 PM

http://www.belizeans.com/forums/sho...id=14160&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/14/06 10:45 PM

yeek! that site aint one size fits all! laugh
Posted By: Gela

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/15/06 03:23 AM

All kidding aside LilLez, during my 7th trip to Ambergris Caye this past August, I met some wonderful people who just happened to be gay. My perception is that they wished to remain low key -given the closeness of the community.

I return to the island not for the Belikin, food, and fun, but for the folks I've met and wish to stay in contact with.

You better Belize it!

Enjoy your visit!
Posted By: lacysbeach

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/15/06 11:02 AM

I don't know any of you personally, but this is the kind of thread that must make Marty wonder...Is This Worth It?!

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/16/06 02:16 AM

it's lacy's version of drunk dialing
Posted By: Marty

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/16/06 06:20 AM

i think this is an excellent thread myself!
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/16/06 09:57 PM

gay girls, go to the island & have fun!
i have heard it all! when i was born, 150 yrs ago, it meant happy. now it is just my life long joke.
Posted By: glass1

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/17/06 03:51 AM

whatever you do,keep it low-key,unless you want to be hounded by people looking for wild sex parties.

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/17/06 05:11 AM

Can I share a secret?:

I am a Lesbian too!...I just have man parts. (sigh)

Help me no?

SIN

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/17/06 05:16 AM

Well SIN, I could put ya in touch (no pun intended) with a person who used to be a guy, decided "he" was not whom he wanted to be, so "he" became "she". Then "she" came out and announced she was gay! True story.

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/18/06 02:53 AM

heh - heh! she said Mr Nuts! :rolleyes: laugh
Posted By: Bearfoot Gibby

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/18/06 05:41 AM

She said "missed her nuts?"

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/18/06 11:00 AM

You guys are all nuts. confused

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/18/06 11:03 AM

You guys are all nuts. confused

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/18/06 06:40 PM

You are the one posting at 3am

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/18/06 06:40 PM

You are the one posting at 3am

hahahahahahhohohohohohhoheheheheheh
Posted By: mimi

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/18/06 08:59 PM

this is hilarious.

Someone asks a simple question, and it's on !!!
and sometimes they never get an answer !!

I'm gonna have to tune in more often, y'all are too much. Imagine a conversation --in person---over drinks !!

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/18/06 09:13 PM

I can only pray that some people here are not as annoying in person, as they are on this message board...

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/18/06 11:04 PM

some are worse

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/18/06 11:22 PM

good god.

I'll be ducking and hiding then when I go back to AC. I steer clear of anyone who causes unnessesary drama at all costs!

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/18/06 11:39 PM

wise move there kiddo

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/19/06 12:18 AM

pretty much all drama is unnecessary wink

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/19/06 12:28 AM

what network is it that says "We know Drama!" TNT?
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/19/06 12:30 AM

I met Darma when I was in Germany. Nice lady laugh

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/19/06 12:30 AM

Yup smile TNT is right. Good old Ted Turner.

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/19/06 12:34 AM

I'm willing to bet you met LOTS of ladies in Germany, most of whom should remain forgotten! laugh (Not to mention their remembrances of you)
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/19/06 03:53 PM

"I can only pray that some people here are not as annoying in person, as they are on this message board... "

Amen to that. Must be worse BEING them, then reading them :rolleyes:
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/19/06 04:18 PM

Originally posted by Barbara K:
"I can only pray that some people here are not as annoying in person, as they are on this message board... "

Amen to that. Must be worse BEING them, then reading them :rolleyes:
Or worst, living with them. No thanks! LOL
Posted By: clover

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/19/06 04:28 PM

Now girls...be nice!

Re: What's the gay comunity like on AC - 01/19/06 04:51 PM

hahahahaha !
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board