AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Sunsets?

Posted By: lakegirl

Sunsets? - 01/15/06 09:30 PM

Hi everyone,
This board is great and really helped us on our first trip last March.

We are headed back in March and wondered where we could catch a sunset? It seems like there was a place (can't remember the name) on the lagoon side but we never could find it!! Any suggestions would be great, thta was the only thing we missed last time.
Posted By: clover

Re: Sunsets? - 01/16/06 12:27 AM

Either rent a sea kyak and paddle out to the reef or hire a boat and captain and head out......the lagoon is ok but from offshore near the reef its incredible.
Posted By: spl

Re: Sunsets? - 01/16/06 02:12 AM

catch a sunset? Nearly anywhere. There is beautiful sunsets on the boats during sundown. A perfect time to fish is 2pm until sundown.
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: Sunsets? - 01/16/06 02:42 AM

The sunset behind the lagoon (west side of island) are awesome! They last a lot longer than the sunrises. Just wear lots of mosquito repellent.

Re: Sunsets? - 01/16/06 11:00 PM

Thanks everyone. Are there any boats doing sunset cruises? It seems like I read somewhere that the Lady Sharon is no longer at SP.
Posted By: Kra-Z-K

Re: Sunsets? - 01/16/06 11:13 PM

yes. there are sunset cruises. Three docs north of Amigos. I can get the name by Thur for you.
Posted By: Dan & Jan

Re: Sunsets? - 01/16/06 11:35 PM

I know that SeaDuced does a sunset catamaran cruse. We really have enjoyed Elito for different day trips and plan on doing this one with them this year.
Posted By: Coco Loco Lady

Re: Sunsets? - 01/17/06 02:17 PM

Lakegirl~ George Eiley of the Rum Punch II does nice sunset sails. Hubby and I go w/George every year, nice quiet romantic sail w/wonderful sunset!
Coco

Re: Sunsets? - 01/18/06 12:04 AM

Thanks so much everyone, this is the greatest place to get info! Can't wait to get there in March, I am SO sick of winter!!!
Chris
© 2022 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board