Any reviews on the Aquamarina suites?
Posted By: BelizeItPlease

Re: Aqua marina? - 01/19/06 10:17 PM

Posted by: Kristykins
Member # 8221

posted 01-18-2006 11:06 AM
--------------------------------------------------
Aquamarina!!!

As long as you can get a room facing the carribean. Great staff/ clean/ full kitchen/ great air conditioning/ great food/ great bar/ great location

You won't be dissapointed!
Posted By: Kristykins

Re: Aqua marina? - 01/19/06 10:27 PM

wow! look at that! I posted without posting wink

Yeah, I stayed there...room 306

Very cute place smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It's a huge scuba diver hotel. I think we were one of the few people who wern't scuba certified staying there smile

Nice beach, nice piers, great place.

[Linked Image]

View outside our room:

[Linked Image]

Re: Aqua marina? - 01/19/06 10:29 PM

another view from room 306 balcony

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Chloe

Re: Aqua marina? - 01/19/06 10:35 PM

Nice gas station, Texaco?

Re: Aqua marina? - 01/19/06 10:38 PM

I believe so smile
Posted By: mileeza

Re: Aqua marina? - 01/19/06 10:39 PM

How would you rate this over Banana Beach? I like the fact it is in town--but since I have never been there I don't know if I should want to be in town or not!

Re: Aqua marina? - 01/19/06 10:47 PM

It made ALL the difference in the world to us.

I guess it really depends on what you're looking to do. If you're looking to check out the nightlife, and really immerse yourself in the culture, staying in town is a good idea. But if not, there's golf carts smile

considering that we'd leave the club at like 4am, it was nice to be able to just walk home. Its also close to the grocery store, not far from the bars, and walking distance to all restaurants.

We almost stayed outside of town, and I was immediatly glad that we stayed in town.
Posted By: mobunny

Re: Aqua marina? - 01/19/06 10:47 PM

Cute pool too...
[Linked Image]

Re: Aqua marina? - 01/19/06 10:48 PM

I loved their pool,but no one was ever in it. In 9 days I didn't see one person in it! lol. It was strange!

I didn't want to be the only one, so we stayed at the bar instead wink
Posted By: Razorfish

Re: Aqua marina? - 01/19/06 11:08 PM

My wife took this shot from the air. Its the 3 story on the lower left. This is the North end of town. 90% of the restaurants and bars are left (South) of this picture. And much of that action is within 5 or 6 short blocks.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: Aqua marina? - 01/19/06 11:09 PM

I know they opened a rest. there (I believe just after you left, right Kristy? Anyway, I've heard nothing but good things about it. Perhaps I'll try it soon. smile
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: Aqua marina? - 01/20/06 02:42 AM

BEWARE - The Naked Fish has done the same thing with their menu that Ramon's Village does: The prices are all in US Dollars. Since almost all other places are in Belize Dollars we get so we don't read the fine print at the bottom. Personally I think this is unacceptable and I never return to a place that has gotten over on me once.
For warned is for armed.
Posted By: Razorfish

Re: Aqua marina? - 01/20/06 03:11 AM

We only had breakfast there one morning the first week in November. I have to say that there was no love in the food. Much better breakfast 75' south on the beach at lily's.
The bartenders at Aquamarina, on the other hand, were very good.

Re: Aqua marina? - 01/20/06 04:18 PM

The Naked Fish was open when I was there. The food was okay. It wasn't GREAT though.

The bartenders...Eddie the bartender, was by far one of the most wonderful people we met on the island during our entire trip. We all fell in love with him. In fact, we can't wait to get back specifically to see him & spend time with him & his family again.
Posted By: Now Danny

Re: Aqua marina? - 01/20/06 06:29 PM

Ya can't beat Banana Beach ocean front. Two nice pools with people using them. Great food and staff and quite in morning, no gas station in sight.

Re: Aqua marina? - 01/20/06 06:30 PM

Forgot, no sound of air compressors filling tanks at the B.B.

Re: Aqua marina? - 01/20/06 06:32 PM

Kristykins, real good pics. Please post more if you have them. Thanks. smile

Re: Aqua marina? - 01/20/06 07:38 PM

The gas station made no problems for us. We layed out in front of the hotel on the lounge chairs for a couple days back to back & never had a problem with noise. Except for some of the construction going on down at the Town Square.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board