AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Protech

Posted By: tazzer

Protech - 01/24/06 06:26 PM

Does anyone have Protech's current email address? I've tried a couple of addresses & they keep coming back as undeliverable. Thanks.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Protech - 01/25/06 08:30 AM

Strange. Someone else said this to me recently, but I had no problem with the email address that was apparently giving trouble. I'll reset the default address and see if that cures the problem. For now, please send to [email protected]

I've since discovered that the problem is simply a mailbox that is filling up and not being automatically emptied. I'll correct it. [email protected] is now fully operational again.

Re: Protech - 01/30/06 10:32 PM

After what I have just heard I feel I need to make a statement.

I am the owner of Protech, and am currently on a brief visit to the UK - I'll be back in SP in just over a week.

I have just been told by an hotelier, the fourth to date, that Steve Lee has told him that Protech is closing down. No doubt he also said that he has taken on the staff of Protech and so anyone who used to dive with Protech should now dive with his new dive center, Ecologic Divers. They are the subject of another thread on this board, "Need Help - Docking Rights", where he is riding roughshod over the legal rights of another highly regarded dive operator.

Let me say once and for all that Protech is not closing down. Very far from it, in fact. Nor am I in any way severing my direct control of it.

It's interesting that Steve has waited until I'm off the island before spreading his vile rumours. As recently as Christmas Steve was diving with Protech and saying how good everything was and generally seeming to be a nice guy. At the same time, I now know, he was poaching two instructors from Protech, and they left Protech since I left Belize a couple of weeks ago without saying a word to me.

I suspected before and now I know that Steve is deliberately spreading what he knows to be lies about me, because he thinks that by destroying Protech his business will take off and he will magically acquire the reputation Protech has built up by damned hard work. He is directly trying to persuade hoteliers to transfer all their Protech business to him, using total and direct lies to achieve this. He is a rich bully who thinks that money can buy him respectability.

Read also what he is doing to Everett Anderson, who certainly does not deserve such treatment. San Pedro is a small community, and indeed the diving community isn't vast either. I hope and believe that word about Steve Lee and his doings will spread rapidly, and he will find that people aren't as gullible as he seems to think.
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: Protech - 01/30/06 10:41 PM

I have a good friend who works for Protech and when I questioned his employment status he said, “What did I tell you about rumors? I am still with Protech and have no plans to leave.” smile

Glad to know Protech is still operating business as normal.
Posted By: captjeff

Re: Protech - 01/30/06 10:58 PM

pedro 2 you have ,every right to be mad ,and pi*sed off ,it is a shame when people lie ,and back door you..in my life time ,many of my employees thought to open up and steal my customer list ,and tarnish my good name ,but they all went down the shit*er . And are now selling pencils .and I am still the man. and business is booming,...I have no idea who or what is happening in the sanpedro dive community???? but I do know flashes in the night go and come....?? what I do know and heard is your reputation is second to none you are the man and run a class operation......hang in there cream rises to the top..and in life talking the talk ,is done by all big mouths but walking the walk is done by few winners like you.Now go kick butt ands take names..
Posted By: obtuseangler

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 12:02 AM

Originally posted by captjeff:
many of my employees thought to open up and steal my customer list ,and tarnish my good name ,but they all went down the shit*er . And are now selling pencils .and I am still the man. and business is booming,...
isn't that just so sweet. I guess if you cross jeff, you can eat sh!t instead of living the dream. You da man, cap jeff.
Posted By: clover

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 12:36 AM

Livin' the dream is one thing......running a business and dealing with snakes is another....fortunately captjeff knows how do do both!....He didn't get there by accident.
Posted By: Belikin Bill

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 12:55 AM

Hey just because Capt Jeff is nice doesn't mean he's EASY!!!!!

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 12:57 AM

Running a business isn't for the faint at heart.....but success is part of livin the dream!

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 01:09 AM

vanquish your enemies and leave their corpses for the crows, but if you're buying dinner, I'll be your friend.

A nice businessman nurtures his employees. They won't want to "screw him and steal his business". He doesn't rave about distroying their lives and leaving them to sell pencils. Sounds like that predatory gringo businessman rearing his ugly head.

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 01:16 AM

Some employees have no scruples....(rule number 1!)
When a man attempts to damage your livelihood...take no prisoners.
There's that "predatory gringo businessman" line again....shove it....his business is in America...where business is predatory by nature. PS when they left their job and took their employers leads..... they chose their fate....the employer didn't "destroy" their lives...Their lack of integrity cost them a "mentor".
Posted By: klcman

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 01:23 AM

anybody see ANYWHERE in CJ's post where he claims personal responsibilty for the demise of his former employees?

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 03:01 AM

he claims personal satisfaction for it. your reading comprehension is not so good.

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 03:05 AM

"personal satisfaction" is NOT the issue you called him out on. You emphatically accused him of "distroying"...go learn to read, spell and write yourself

What was your SAT score?

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 03:08 AM

1600 combined, I aced them, I'm thinking you aren't invited to many Mensa meetings, Einstein.

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 03:20 AM

yah sure perfect score pre-2005....post a certified scan, bub. But then I'm thinking there really aren't many people around here who give one iota about what you think. Go back to driving your NJ Garbage truck.

(nice evasion of the real issue, by the way...advance token to "go" and collect $200)

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 03:21 AM

.........any body who steps on your wanker on the way out the door deserves a "little" retribution...If you owned a business that you built with your own hands, and worked your ass off to make it successful.....you'd take getting poked in the anal cavity "personal"!

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 03:33 AM

Originally posted by klcman:
yah sure perfect score pre-2005....post a certified scan, bub. But then I'm thinking there really aren't many people around here who give one iota about what you think. Go back to driving your NJ Garbage truck.
You seem to care what I think, you care so much that you just have to respond. Think about that. As far as the NJ Garbage truck comment, huh?

Complete the following sentence: klcman is constipated, so he has inserted ________ up his anus.

A. a suppository
B. his head
c. a garden hose

Hint ( always choose B)

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 03:36 AM

Originally posted by clover:
.........any body who steps on your wanker on the way out the door deserves a "little" retribution...If you owned a business that you built with your own hands, and worked your ass off to make it successful.....you'd take getting poked in the anal cavity "personal"!
thank god I live off my wife's trust fund and don't have to "work" or "build a business" Thats for wankers.

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 03:37 AM

Thank you. You've just proven what we already knew about you.

(Still avoiding the real issue, too)

And by they way----I'm done as you obviously refuse to address your error. I rest comfortably. Have a wonderul night's sleep. I will.
Posted By: reaper

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 03:39 AM

I think I just found the feature match for WWF 2007!!!!

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 03:43 AM

the World Wildlife Federation has a feature match scheduled in 2007? I gotta see that. smile

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 03:46 AM

reconsidering my earlier crediting of intelligence: Rational debate includes hard criticism and strong arguments supported by and based on reason and principle. However, name calling and abuse serve no purpose and accomplish nothing to further a point.

P.S. Mensa does not accept SAT scores from after January 31, 1994 as being indicative of IQ.
Posted By: marge

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 03:48 AM

Is this guy for real and is he just that dense (stupid).

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 03:49 AM

I took my SATs in 1977, I took the Mensa test shortly thereafter, I recall you needed to score a 140 or better. Passed easily. actually by enough to lend kclman enough points to score 100.

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 03:50 AM

Who cares>

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 03:50 AM

Originally posted by marge:
Is this guy for real and is he just that dense (stupid).
I'm that dense, thanks for asking (inquiring).

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 03:51 AM

car saleswomen care, they really like me. most of them.

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 03:53 AM

Gotta go to bed now, I have to be up early for the little school bus.

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 03:55 AM

Attend those meetings often? I hear most who join Mensa quit within a year, complaining vehemently about the lack of an organization for interesting smart people. . .
Meantime - are ya gonna address the initial question?

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 03:56 AM

I think he's too busy lurking at NYC bus stops.

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 04:29 AM

I don't know anything about Mensa first hand, but being a big fan of cut and paste I thought this was interesting:

Mensa is a club whose only requirement for inclusion is a score in the top two percentile on any of several standardized intelligence tests. That said, Mensa is populated for the most part by: (a) lonely people; and (b) financially unsuccessful people desiring verification that there is something worthy about them, ie, their intelligence. Many Mensans just haven't fit in very well with the world at large.

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 04:31 AM

She swings a hammer too!

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 04:38 AM

Cut and paste?-- From what publication?? The lawcucui file of "crime is so down that she can spend all of her time on the board, or, not enough time to prosecute----OOPS!!

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 05:04 AM

Law--You must have been rejected by the Mensa society to harbor such animosity.

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 05:08 AM

Fly boy must be into his "cups" by now............Mensa? do they make cheese in Belize? I know Pepperoni's doesn't use it but I've heard other pizza parlors don't care!

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 05:10 AM

Spell Pepperoni much?? laugh

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 05:15 AM

Happy?

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 06:13 AM

"Anyone who can only think of one way to spell a word obviously lacks imagination." -- Mark Twain

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 03:36 PM

I went to Mensa gatherings twice about 30 years ago. I don't why I'm willing to admit I went the second time probably because I couldn't believe the first one. From those meetings one could almost come to the belief that IQ and wisdom are mutually exclusive.
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 03:46 PM

boy oh boy - did this thread go far afield!

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 03:56 PM

obtuse, is that your little boy on the computer again? :rolleyes:

Will you and fly-boy pleeeeeeeeeeeez take off and go join the HelloKitty board? Pleeeeeeeeez!

You find making rude comments to two of our best boarders amusing. We find you amusing... but not really!!!

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 04:26 PM

Shame on you travelqueen. Sending those two off to be with such a sweet lady as Kitty. You won't get your stickers.

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 04:27 PM

Uh huh! I'll have my daughter give me some! laugh
Posted By: mobunny

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 04:53 PM

Originally posted by pedro2:
After what I have just heard I feel I need to make a statement.

I am the owner of Protech, and am currently on a brief visit to the UK - I'll be back in SP in just over a week.

I have just been told by an hotelier, the fourth to date, that Steve Lee has told him that Protech is closing down. No doubt he also said that he has taken on the staff of Protech and so anyone who used to dive with Protech should now dive with his new dive center, Ecologic Divers. They are the subject of another thread on this board, "Need Help - Docking Rights", where he is riding roughshod over the legal rights of another highly regarded dive operator.

Let me say once and for all that Protech is not closing down. Very far from it, in fact. Nor am I in any way severing my direct control of it.

It's interesting that Steve has waited until I'm off the island before spreading his vile rumours. As recently as Christmas Steve was diving with Protech and saying how good everything was and generally seeming to be a nice guy. At the same time, I now know, he was poaching two instructors from Protech, and they left Protech since I left Belize a couple of weeks ago without saying a word to me.

I suspected before and now I know that Steve is deliberately spreading what he knows to be lies about me, because he thinks that by destroying Protech his business will take off and he will magically acquire the reputation Protech has built up by damned hard work. He is directly trying to persuade hoteliers to transfer all their Protech business to him, using total and direct lies to achieve this. He is a rich bully who thinks that money can buy him respectability.

Read also what he is doing to Everett Anderson, who certainly does not deserve such treatment. San Pedro is a small community, and indeed the diving community isn't vast either. I hope and believe that word about Steve Lee and his doings will spread rapidly, and he will find that people aren't as gullible as he seems to think.
Peter, hang in there. You have many Protech supporters out there, including me. mo

Re: Protech - 01/31/06 06:21 PM

This is serious thread that did get off track and I was one of the ones responsible.

When in san pedro and the subject comes up of "who should I dive with" Protech is always one of the names that comes up. Thats not something that just happens overnight. Protech has a good name!!!

If someone is spreading lies or conducting themselves dishonestly it will come back to them.

Every dog will have their day!!!!
Posted By: ecosvl

Re: Protech - 02/01/06 05:51 AM

First of all i am new to your form, I was just introduced to it receintly.
I will be brief,
Peter Jones is spreding some nasty thing about me which i would like to clear up.
1) his employees tried to talk to him before he left Belize to no avail. they have been in the process of leaving for some time.
2)True, we are starting a dive center, and yes we have purchased a dock. WE have given Everett
Anderson two months to find a new home and have offered him a place to keep his boats if he does not find an other dock.
3) we have gone to 1 resort and only ONE resort to ask if they would be willing to send divers to us.
4) Peter says that we are not PADI approved, this is not true.
5) at no time have i ever said that Protech is going out of business. on the contrary, the dive shop is running better since peter has left the country and appointed Brian as the manager. they have remodeled and organized the facility.
Protech IS a good dive shop,

This is a small island and i feel Peter is bitter. I am sorry he feels that i have shafted him. maybe he will learn not to talk about people behind their back. this goes for me and his former employees.
the dive community in belize does not need this type of negitive discussions.WE would like to get along with everone.
(Peter if you want to bitch contact me directly)
steve

Re: Protech - 02/01/06 12:40 PM

Doesn't correspond with what I've been told. But then, I'm not on the island.

Of course I've known that the staff concerned were thinking of starting up on their own at some point - they discussed it with me last summer and I gave them my blessing. Waiting until I'm away and then leaving goes rather beyond that. A good opportunity to tell me might have been at the staff meeting I held on 31st December when I gave each of them a US$ bonus. And before Steve left us the day before he might have mentioned that he had offered jobs to several of my staff, some of whom accepted, some didn't. But I guess that isn't his style.

It seems from another thread that not everyone thinks that Everett is being treated fairly.

I didn't say that the new dive center isn't PADI approved. I said that if you look at the list of approved centers on the PADI website you won't find it listed. That appears still to be the case this morning.

Brion is indeed a good manager and needs to be, as he has had problems dumped on him that neither of us envisaged.

I agree that we should all try to get on. San Pedro needs another dive center like a hole in the head, but I wish the new venture well. I just don't like the sneaky way it has been created.

No, I'm not bitter, just annoyed. But that will pass.
Posted By: ecosvl

Re: Protech - 02/01/06 01:03 PM

Peter, please quit twistng the facts, your employees were leaving you, the two instructors who you are refering to tried to talk to you before you left the island, unfortunatly you did not have time to meet them. At no time was anyone poached or even offered a job. i am helping fiance there operation. don't make me out as the ogar as i have seen how you treat your people and we do not want to go there.
Please stop blaming others.
as for the other thread, i belive that scubalady was voicing her concern about her friend. She was worried that her friend was asked to leave early. this is not true. the building and dock are being updated and painted. That is all. Everett can stay to the 25th of Feb. if he chooses.
PETER change the subject and move on
Posted By: captjeff

Re: Protech - 02/02/06 02:35 PM

Amen to that, the truth shall set us free.. the above posts by the you know who ,are just so wild and off the subject I choose will not respond to his craziness .but I am wishing peter ,and steve , lots of living the dream days in peace..and to both,my good wishes..
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board