AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Aqua Marina Suites

Posted By: hellokitty

Aqua Marina Suites - 01/30/06 05:32 AM

Has anyone stayed at Aqua Marina Suites and how far from town are they? thanks.

Hello Kitty says "Help a friend, make a friend. Maybe they'll give you a sticker."
Posted By: sandb

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 01/30/06 02:38 PM

If you try a search here you will find lots of useful info...
//ambergriscaye.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/search/search_forum/4.html

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/01/06 07:18 PM

Good Day. Has anyone stayed at Aqua Marina who can tell me how far from town it is and how they liked it?
Posted By: monica

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/01/06 07:24 PM

I have not stayed there but it is at the north end of Front Street, in town close to Cholo's bar, and Amigo's del Mar dive shop.

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/01/06 07:32 PM

Thank you! This is great news. I did not know it was so close to that dive shop! We have friends who have been there twice and told us to dive with them. This is terrific we would be so close. Does anyone have information regarding the hotel itself? Monica, a sticker for what you did inform me of.
Posted By: RMT

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/01/06 07:35 PM

Kitty,

Did you try PMing KristyKins? She stayed there recently and seemed to really like it. Sandb is right there is lots of info on it here.

It's right in town btw on the beach. I have stayed nearby at the Mayan , but have only walked by so I can't comment too much. Good luck.
Rhonda smile

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/01/06 07:39 PM

I did and her mailbox was full, she and I communicated over a post and she was a nice girl.

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/01/06 07:42 PM

I did read something she wrote on the Aqua Marina Suites, however was conserned that she mentioned it was so great because of this cute bartender. I want to know if this is the only reason she liked it. I am not looking to get married at this time.
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/01/06 07:47 PM

I know she liked the room. She has a bf so I'm sure she was not serious about the bartender but perhpas just made an observation.

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/01/06 07:49 PM

oh.

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/01/06 07:53 PM

I was thinking if that was the only reason it is not for me because I do not want to marry yet.
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/02/06 01:31 AM

How old are you?
Posted By: desertrat

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/02/06 01:36 AM

you don't have to worry about getting married...just check out the view...

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/02/06 04:16 AM

Kitty...go and have fun and please have a drink or two!!!
Posted By: phillytodd

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/02/06 07:31 PM

nothing like a wet kitty not looking to get married smile
Posted By: Belikin Bill

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/02/06 11:07 PM

hellokitty Stay at Pedro1s place The bartender there is harmless.

Hey philly todd hellokitty is a diver laugh

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/02/06 11:35 PM

Phillytodd...aren't you in enough trouble already dear? wink
Posted By: Kristykins

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/03/06 06:49 PM

Originally posted by hellokitty:
I did read something she wrote on the Aqua Marina Suites, however was conserned that she mentioned it was so great because of this cute bartender. I want to know if this is the only reason she liked it. I am not looking to get married at this time.
LOL. Man, I leave for a few days and this crap shows up?

First off, I never said the bartender was "cute".

My cousin, my boyfriend and I befriended him the first day at the hotel, and he was just one of those people you find in your life that you click with very well. We had a great time hanging out with him over the week that we were tehre, both while at the hotel, and meeting up wtih him for dinner & going to the clubs at night.

The entire staff there was great. We spent more time hanging out with them than anything else on the island.

To suggest that you're not looking to get married is beyond ridiculous. I think you read way too much into what I said.

On 2nd thought, perhaps you sholdn't stay at Aquamarina.

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/03/06 06:58 PM

Kristy, I am so sorry I misunderstood or remembered your post incorrect. My error and I owe you an "I'm sorry." Can you give me good reasons to stay there?
Posted By: Kristykins

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/03/06 10:27 PM

Good reasons to stay there:

1. Walking distance to everything
2. Great prices
3. Cute rooms w/ full kitchen, separate bedrooms, sattelite TV, nice big bathrooms, etc.
4. Great staff
5. Nice pool
6. Nice Bar smile
7. Nice beach area to relax & lay out
8. Right in front of Amigo's dive place,which I hear is excellent, although I don't dive.

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/03/06 10:29 PM

thank you. My friends who have been to Belize said #1 and #7 both. Thank you for all your help.
Posted By: LBI Jerseyboy

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/03/06 11:14 PM

meow!! Cat fight!!
Posted By: MALIBU

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/03/06 11:18 PM

Awwwwwe, Kristykins doesn't get a sticker? eek
Posted By: rsarceno

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/04/06 12:18 AM

Hellokitty,

I enjoyed my stay at Aqua Marina last December. In case you haven't seen their site: http://www.aquamarinasuites.com/. The restaurant "Naked Fish" staffs are very friendly and informative. We dive in the morning and we do what the staff recommends for afternoon and night activity. One of the staff hooks us up with a tour in Belize City for $30 (3 hrs for two people - Air Condition VAN). The driver /tour guide took us to a restaurant and we had a big lunch for $25 (3 people - we bought lunch for the tour guide).

Kristy mention all the good stuff about the hotel so I'll talk about the dives. I dove with Aqua divers. http://www.aquadives.com/index.html
There dive store is a walking distance to the hotel (approx 5 - 10 minutes) but it's not an issue because you only need to check in the first day. Aqua Divers dock is right in front of Aqua Marina. After the first day dive, you leave your gear on the boat. They will rinse it and stored it. The next day, your gear will be in the boat.
Some people like playing with nurse sharks and some don't. If you do, then ask for Carlos (DM)
I like diving with Aqua Divers. The dive is just right (not too fast not to slow). They usually have two DM on the boat and split the group into 2. The most I've dive is with 7 other divers. Average 5 divers per groupd. (I wasn't sure if it was slow season or not).

To save $$$ book your hotel and dive at the same time.

If you’re planning to dive the blue hole, sit on the back of the boat. The ride is approx 2 hrs

Hope this help. Have fune.
Posted By: Chloe

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/04/06 12:29 AM

AquaDives has moved from Sunbreeze to Aqua Marina wink ?
Posted By: klcman

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/04/06 12:40 AM

me thinks typo OWO...sure as heck wouldn't be "walking distance to the hotel (approx 5 - 10 minutes) " if it was at AM and you were staying there. laugh
Posted By: seashell

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/04/06 10:43 AM

Pedro should feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I suspect that rsarceno meant that the first dive day, he/she walked down to Aqua's shop, and of course, not remembering that well, it seemed a quite lovely 5 minute walk. All the dive days that followed required no walk down to Sunbreeze, inasmuch as, rsarsceno was picked up every day at the Aqua dock.
Posted By: spl

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/04/06 03:57 PM

What is OWO Klcman?
Posted By: klcman

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/04/06 04:04 PM

she who knows, knows hehehe

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/04/06 04:09 PM

Klcman is too kind, "Ole Wise One".
Posted By: Belikin Bill

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/04/06 04:43 PM

If there is a cat fight, I'm betting on a dead kitty laugh laugh

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/04/06 04:46 PM

Important info for me, since my trusted snorkel guide is Enrique.

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/04/06 05:45 PM

Thanks Casa Caracol.
Posted By: JC

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/15/06 06:42 PM

Just returned from AC (first timers) after staying on the island for 10 days.

We did not stay at the Aquamarina, but two of our friends did. We were just north at Paradise Villas and were completely satisfied with both the accomodations and the service from Nellie and her staff. Top notch. Would absolutely recommend Paradise Villas to anyone.

Anyway, this being an Aquamarina thread, here's what happened to our friends. They checked in late Friday afternoon, spent and paid for two nights in a room in the north wing overlooking the cemetary. Room was small, smelled bad, and the bed sagged. So on Sunday they complained and, as a result, got moved into the newer part (what you see in the adverts)overlooking the courtyard, pool and bar. When they checked-out 8 days later and went to pay the bill, the response was "You owe nothing and we are very sorry to have inconvenienced you." So our friends tipped the guy $100 and got out of SP with a very large freebie.

We just thought that this was an example of extraordinary customer service that deserved some air time, so there you have it.

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/15/06 06:51 PM

WOW JC! Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/15/06 06:59 PM

JC.........I Do NOT believe it and if it IS true...
someone was looking to pocket some cash while short-changing the facility. I advise not posting this info for obvious reasons.

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/15/06 07:08 PM

BZT -
What's up with telling me not to post?

If it was indeed customer service properly authorized by the management, why shouldn't they get the credit? On the other hand, if, as you suggest, an employee was lining his or he own pockets, that, too should get some exposure as an assist to get them busted.

As for whether you believe it or not, I really could give a .......

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/15/06 07:11 PM

JC...It's actually "could NOT give a ...."

Story about Aqua is a ???? in itself.

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/15/06 07:18 PM

BZT -

Gee, thanks for the English lesson. Do you have any other wisdom for public consumption?

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/15/06 07:24 PM

"I really could give a ......." What's wrong with that sentence?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Aquamarina did a good deed. Period.

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/15/06 07:34 PM

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cool
Posted By: Kra-Z-K

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/15/06 07:38 PM

Isn't that awesome how great people and many businesses are here in SP? Yesterday I got free milk cause I went to pay and realized I had no money with me. I was going to put the milk back and they said "take it, you shop here a lot." I said no, they said "Take it gial!"

then strange enough an hr later walking to the gym I wanted one banana but the guy sells 5 for a dollar. I asked how much for 1, thinking probably a quarter and he said "1? you just want 1? take it." I asked again how much he wanted and he said nothing, just have it. I left a quarter anyways.

Sure, I didn't get a free hotel...but stories like the 2 above happen now and then to me here smile

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/15/06 07:39 PM

and I realize the topic of the thread, hope it's okay I shared a short story that I throught of after reading the aqua marina story.

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/15/06 07:43 PM

It's all good KZK. PP is off duty. laugh

Great stories!

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/15/06 07:45 PM

Share away, KRA-Z-K. By the way, the Jerry Jeff concerts were great and really a lot of fun people were around for them. Hope that the goin's on were not too much of a disturbance to your quiet evenings. Did anyone out there witness the "flight of Pop-Tart" during the Feb. 4 concert?

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/15/06 07:45 PM

Nygal off duty? hope she has a good one laugh

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/15/06 07:47 PM

wink JC, they didn't ever really disturb my evenings. We just closed the balcony door or put on our own music when we heard it. We certainly laughed each time we would hear him start up singning, it felt like a never ending concert it was for so many nights, lol Glad you had fun.

Thanks TQ and JC for allowing me to share.

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/15/06 07:48 PM

No JC, do tell!

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/15/06 07:51 PM

I'll start a new thread as we're off topic on this one.
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/16/06 03:46 AM

JC - this is not a criticism - just a point of interest. The part of Aqua Marina Suits that overlooks the cemetary IS the NEW part. The pretty part is the original building. I think they call the new part the annex.
Posted By: margarita

Re: Aqua Marina Suites - 02/16/06 04:51 AM

Saw this building being built, it looked like the ocean front rooms were the only ones worth it. Very close to the next building and the cemetary is on the other side, the pool is small as well as the courtyard, although beautifully landscaped. The back of the hotel is right on the north end of Front Street, just a bit from the center of town. See Marty's maps
//www.ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/facts.html Enjoy & Belize it!
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board