AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Golf carts

Posted By: tplowe56

Golf carts - 02/09/06 11:24 PM

I will be staying at Banyan Bay and I can get a cart through Banyan Bay, but I've heard it is less expensive to rent direct from vendor. Anyone have suggestions for good cart rentals in AC?
Posted By: Kra-Z-K

Re: Golf carts - 02/10/06 01:11 AM

go to the "phonebook" on this main site and look up Moncho's, Cholo's, or Ambergris Goft Rentals. All good, all same price.

Re: Golf carts - 02/10/06 03:59 AM

someone had the numbers in their phone tonight...here you go.

golf rentals 226...
3262 monchos
2406 cholos
3455 ambergris
Posted By: Xoe

Re: Golf carts - 02/10/06 09:01 PM

We stayed at Belizean Shores Jan. 21-28. The convenience of renting a golf cart there far outweighed any small difference there might have been in price, and a quick check indicated there were only small, if any, price differences. Our cost was $45 for 8 hours from the resort office, which meant no time or $$ spent getting to town, just hop into the golf cart and head off to town. Eight hours was plenty for the exploring we'd wanted to do. It was great fun!
Posted By: phillytodd

Re: Golf carts - 02/10/06 09:07 PM

don't sweat it.. almost all the places have very similar pricing.. reserve one for the week so you always have one handy.

they're great fun for flying up the streets bouncing up and down in the huge potholes and going "mudding" in the giant potholes... although I was very sad to see today that they're mostly all filled in as of this morning.
Posted By: tplowe56

Re: Golf carts - 02/13/06 01:56 PM

Thanks for the tips, everyone.
Posted By: Belikin Bill

Re: Golf carts - 02/13/06 03:44 PM

Last time we tried a golf cart for one day. I am old fart and still liked bikes better.

We rode them to Journeys End in the North and
all the way to the south end. They are just as fast, go around potholes, are easier to park and the built in speed bumps don't rattle your spine.

Re: Golf carts - 02/13/06 04:34 PM

FYI- nearly all golf cart places DELIVER wink to your hotel, so you do not have to spend money on getting to town to get it.
Posted By: casa de amor

Re: Golf carts - 02/13/06 04:39 PM

fyi to everyone on this post: its called a golf car not a golf cart. a glof cart has only two wheels. ie: club car, not club cart, thanks casa
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Golf carts - 02/13/06 04:54 PM

tplowe56: rented from cholo's in Nov. cheaper than others at the time and extremely handy. not far from BB, gas powered when tank got low just take a different cart.changed ours twice during the week rental once for gas once for shift sticking. simple, easy, no questions asked, nice guys. laugh

Re: Golf carts - 02/13/06 06:00 PM

golf car? Thanks. that is something new I learned today. My local friends that live here didn't know that and call it a golf cart as well as the golf cart rental places here. "Monchos golf carts" "Cholos golf carts" wink

Cholos is nice, agree.
Posted By: casa de amor

Re: Golf carts - 02/13/06 06:36 PM

i used to call it a golf cart, but every time i did my grandfather would start yelling its a car not a cart, this went on for about a year or so, and now i just call them golf cars.
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: Golf carts - 02/13/06 06:41 PM

When I've had a few, I forget the name and call them go carts! No wonder I get strange looks! laugh

Re: Golf carts - 02/13/06 06:55 PM

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you look at a scar on next to my elbow you'd actually find that your calling them "go carts" could be an appropriate name at times. wink

Re: Golf carts - 02/13/06 08:13 PM

guess my name fits me well, KRAZY KELI

Re: Golf carts - 02/13/06 10:59 PM

speaking of golf carts and Go carts...I almost got hit by a GO cart running home from the gym.

Also, passed Monchos and their logo and sign says "WE DELIVER TO YOU!"
Posted By: klcman

Re: Golf carts - 02/13/06 11:29 PM

Well Casa, I guess you better inform the many manufacturers of golf cart)s how to properly identify what they manaufacture & market. A quick google search will explain. Anything goes - all depends upon who's doing the talking. The terms are interchangeable ( and some mfg's call the two wheel version, trolleys. wink
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Golf carts - 02/14/06 12:10 AM

WOW, Dude ! I call them "That thing in the lake with my clubs on it" :rolleyes:
Posted By: klcman

Re: Golf carts - 02/14/06 12:13 AM

so I've heard. Mebbe ya need to take up SCUBA?
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board